Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pants Shitting

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Pants Shitting
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2021, 08:09:11 AM »
It's a bad spot we are in as a program. Harsin should have never been the hire (not that I have any better ideas, honestly). I doubt he's here more than another year if even that long (hearing a lot of Washington buzz with caveats about the vaccination "stuff"). It's clear though he's totally out of his league.

Yes, he inherited a shell of a roster and program. He's done exactly nothing to address those issues in year one. Ranking 12th of 14 in the SEC in recruiting at this time of year is unacceptable if Auburn brass is serious about the space where they expect this program to exist. Unless they told him, tear it all down to the studs and start over, there's no explaining how bad a shape this program looks like it will be in for the coming 3-4 years. Unless these guys are transfer portal magicians, there are holes now that will only be more evident in the coming seasons. Chiz 'effed up coaching a talented bunch of guys that Gus came in and won right away with (shades of Bowden taking over from Dye), but he had talent here. Gus and company didn't leave much which we all can see.

The real conundrum is if he leaves/is told to leave, it'll be catastrophic here.  You think no top line players want to come here now? Much more, top end coaches? The only ones we'd attract are washed up, has beens or never weres who are just here because they know the end payday is worth it. Also, think about who will be in charge of that move? Won't be Allen Greene, bet that.

Auburn is not at a crossroads. Auburn is hanging on the edge of a sinkhole.

It's bad, y'all. Good thing we are a basketball school now.

Oh, and FUCK Georgia to death!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »
The last two games have really made me question this staff overall.  No need to rehash the decision to continue rushing 3 against MSU, when their QB had 40 completions going into the 4th quarter. I'll just leave that there and let it continue to simmer.

But, there was one series in the second half that made me face palm on a Gus Malzahn level.  Anyone read the article last week where Harbinger gave it to the refs a little, saying that we get penalized on just about every return on special teams?  He's right, but either we do suck on special teams or the refs have it out for us.  I'm thinking if we're getting that many penalties, more than likely we're not coached very well.  So, on this particular series, four things happened to make you wonder if Brian Harvinz and this staff are ready for prime time.

1. SC kicks off.  It goes 2 yards deep in the end zone.  Jarquez catches it and brings it out.  He doesn't reach the 25 and here comes some laundry.  We're backed up to around the 12. Why?  Just take the damn ball at the 25.

2. The drive stalls well on Auburn's side of the 50.  Coach Harborlights decides to go for it.  Punt the damn ball!!!

3. The man who was running like a beast, as good as I've seen him....the man who was pretty much our entire offense, Tank Bigsby, is taken out of the game.  What.....the.....fuck???

4. The play call has Finley lobbing some fucked up duck down the field into what looked like triple coverage. I have no words.  I did then, and it sounded a lot like speaking in tongues.

Of course, SC took over and easily scored what turned out to be the winning TD.  And I'm going to make a prediction here.  I think that winds it up for Tank Bigsby at Auburn. He'll play in the Iron Bowl, but I say he hits the portal soon after.  That dude was pissed about being taken out, and rightfully so. 

Speaking back on special teams, why did Robertson let that last punt bounce? 

Bryce Young is going to secure the Heisman this upcoming Saturday.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »
That's a whole lot of panic (speaking to Six's post).

If Harsin isn't here longer than 1-2 years, then he was failed by the GOBN, who hate him and Greene because they're "outsiders" (frankly, exactly what this program fucking needs.)

I'm not sweating recruiting rankings until signing day.

There are some genuinely talented kids on this roster.  Specifically, the defense is loaded with quality players.

Unless he shits the bed in a Chad Morris fashion, there's no way he's out before 3 years pass.

I expect recruiting to heat up now that the coaches can meet in person with the recruits off-campus:
https://twitter.com/Mansell247/status/1462800941980205063
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:18:22 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2021, 01:17:49 PM »

If Harsin isn't here longer than 1-2 years, then he was failed by the GOBN, who hate him and Greene because they're "outsiders" (frankly, exactly what this program fucking needs.)

There are some genuinely talented kids on this roster.  Specifically, the defense is loaded with quality players.

Unless he shits the bed in a Chad Morris fashion, there's no way he's out before 3 years pass.

I expect recruiting to heat up now that the coaches can meet in person with the recruits off-campus:

Over the past several years my dog has taken a role of greatly diminished interest. I’ve gone from building my Saturdays around college football and apoplectic “oh FUCK, we LOST?? Let me analyze every decision”  to “wait, it’s Saturday? Wonder what time Auburn plays?  Oh, we lost?  Well, fuck.” 

Gus’ fuckery is part of that. He took a lot of the fun out of it for me. 

The dog chasing the car effect is part of it.  Spent most of my life wanting something so badly it hurt.  And then cam delivered it.  Don’t know what I expected but it didn’t change me.  It didn’t change them.  Realized it didn’t much matter. 

Part of it is the Saban effect.  I see what they have to do and be to have a bar they “have” and that’s no longer something I want Auburn to be.  I hate every change made over the last decade or more.  Hate the jumbo screen.  Hate the elimination of familial tailgating and all of the shapes, colors and sizes that came in.  I hate our “ new” fans. 

All that said.  I still care.  I want AU to be important and to be respected and successful. 

I liked the Harsin hire.  I thought it was a bold move that kept our idiot trustees from doing something idiotic like Kevin Steele or Hugh Freeze or Houston Nutt.  Or worse. 

Some things have gone right.  But I agree with six.  Most haven’t.  There is zero energy.  Zero buzz. Zero excitement.  We are staring down the barrel of a recruiting apocalypse that will take 5 years or more to recover.  We are standing at the edge of the desert Tennessee has wandered for over a decade and thinking “there’s probably a big oasis just over that hill.”  Give it a shot. 

Never thought I’d say this but harsin looks like the 12th or 13th best coach in a conference that includes Dumbo Fisher and the Ogre.  It’s looking like a really bad fit.  He’s Lazenby as Bond. 

And Fuck fuck fuck our beat writer for pounding the “he won’t take the vaccine!!” Drum.  That’s so far down the list it’s irrelevant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
The Six,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2021, 01:47:30 PM »

Look, I don't think anyone is panicking but there are a lot of serious red flags present. I don't think Six is wrong about any of those things he pointed out. Some of these things are indefensible. Don't forget signing day is in like 2-3 weeks now. We've been down in the rankings before with 2-3-4 weeks left but nothing to this degree.

I think Harsin wanted the challenge of coming here. He's a hard nosed guy and he's hyper structured. Those are good things on paper. But he is seeing that the dynamic of this conference is vastly different than maybe he thought it was. I do think he is second guessing his decision.

"Fit" matters and he hasn't adjusted to this conference well on the fly. In-game or recruiting. He MUST do that or he is toast. Not only is he not doing that but he's regressing. Something happened at halftime of the ole miss game. I have no idea what. But something happened. We've been Vandy level ever since.

I think Harsin is the type that wants to do things his way.....except his way will not work here. Not in its totality. Even Saban as hard nosed as he is, learned to adjust as the conference evolved. Dye - known for the same culture and discipline when he came in - was also flexible in his approach as he settled into the job after a few ugly losses. I DO think Harsin's way works like a charm at places like Boise, Wash, Utah, BYU, Arizona State, etc. Where culture can overcome talent. That will not work here.

So he has two choices:

1. He can adapt. Hire better coaches, hire knock down, drag out type recruiters, learn from his own mistakes.

2. He can stick to his guns and his methods 100%, accept that it won't work here, be defeated and move on - whether it by his own choosing or being fired in 2 seasons. (sound familiar??)

Thats the crossroads we are at right now. Period.

I give him a pass somewhat on PSU, UGA and Aggie - they have far more jimmies and joes than we do across the board. But Miss State and SC? No. IN. EX. CUSABLE.

Between those, some of the bonehead in-game calls, lack of fire, the Gus level pressers, the amount of portal guys that we passed on. Its all adding up. And its not very funny.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:20:24 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
The Six,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2021, 02:35:26 PM »
Look, I don't think anyone is panicking but there are a lot of serious red flags present. I don't think Six is wrong about any of those things he pointed out. Some of these things are indefensible. Don't forget signing day is in like 2-3 weeks now. We've been down in the rankings before with 2-3-4 weeks left but nothing to this degree.

I think Harsin wanted the challenge of coming here. He's a hard nosed guy and he's hyper structured. Those are good things on paper. But he is seeing that the dynamic of this conference is vastly different than maybe he thought it was. I do think he is second guessing his decision.

"Fit" matters and he hasn't adjusted to this conference well on the fly. In-game or recruiting. He MUST do that or he is toast. Not only is he not doing that but he's regressing. Something happened at halftime of the ole miss game. I have no idea what. But something happened. We've been Vandy level ever since.

I think Harsin is the type that wants to do things his way.....except his way will not work here. Not in its totality. Even Saban as hard nosed as he is, learned to adjust as the conference evolved. Dye - known for the same culture and discipline when he came in - was also flexible in his approach as he settled into the job after a few ugly losses. I DO think Harsin's way works like a charm at places like Boise, Wash, Utah, BYU, Arizona State, etc. Where culture can overcome talent. That will not work here.

So he has two choices:

1. He can adapt. Hire better coaches, hire knock down, drag out type recruiters, learn from his own mistakes.

2. He can stick to his guns and his methods 100%, accept that it won't work here, be defeated and move on - whether it by his own choosing or being fired in 2 seasons.

Thats the crossroads we are at right now. Period.

No doubt.  There are numerous red flags waving in the wind, and so many of them point to coaching.  I've said this several times before, in that every analyst that's supposed to know this league, Harper, Chizik, Doering, Cubelic etc. all had low expectations for this team this year. And rightfully so.  Soooo many questions.  But we're about to end this season on a 4 game losing streak, and it simply did not have to be that way.

I understand if we're outmanned.  Fuck Georgia was the only team to do that to us.  But if you go on the road and hold A&M's offense to a handful of field goals, you should win.  If you go up on Miss. State 28-3 in your house, no way you should ever lose.  If you run out to a 14-0 lead on a bad, bad South Carolina team, who admitted to pretty much running just 2 plays the majority of the night, you should win that game.  Hands down.

Bad decisions on defense, (Mason) and really bad decisions on game management and play calling (Harzins and Bobo) are one thing.  But the pattern, game after game after game, appears to be that we're pretty damn easy to figure out.  It's like scripted plays for the first part of the game, then a whole lot of what the fuck do we call now, the rest of the time.  A&M shut us down from the 2nd quarter on.  Ole Miss handled our ass from half time forward.  Lucky we built a lead.  MSU outscored us 40-7 after that huge lead.  We go up 14-0 on USCe and get outscored 21-3.  That's a problem.  A big one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2021, 02:41:42 PM »
But the pattern, game after game after game, appears to be that we're pretty damn easy to figure out.  It's like scripted plays for the first part of the game, then a whole lot of what the fuck do we call now, the rest of the time.

"A very familiar feeling...is beginning to come over me."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »

No doubt.  There are numerous red flags waving in the wind, and so many of them point to coaching.  I've said this several times before, in that every analyst that's supposed to know this league, Harper, Chizik, Doering, Cubelic etc. all had low expectations for this team this year. And rightfully so.  Soooo many questions.  But we're about to end this season on a 4 game losing streak, and it simply did not have to be that way.

I understand if we're outmanned.  Fuck Georgia was the only team to do that to us.  But if you go on the road and hold A&M's offense to a handful of field goals, you should win.  If you go up on Miss. State 28-3 in your house, no way you should ever lose.  If you run out to a 14-0 lead on a bad, bad South Carolina team, who admitted to pretty much running just 2 plays the majority of the night, you should win that game.  Hands down.

Bad decisions on defense, (Mason) and really bad decisions on game management and play calling (Harzins and Bobo) are one thing.  But the pattern, game after game after game, appears to be that we're pretty damn easy to figure out.  It's like scripted plays for the first part of the game, then a whole lot of what the fuck do we call now, the rest of the time.  A&M shut us down from the 2nd quarter on.  Ole Miss handled our ass from half time forward.  Lucky we built a lead.  MSU outscored us 40-7 after that huge lead.  We go up 14-0 on USCe and get outscored 21-3.  That's a problem.  A big one.

He has to make a bold move at this point, to show both the AD and the fans that he is serious....he needs to be a CEO and focus on the soft skills, being the face of the program and hire two kick ass coordinators to handle all this in game shit and recruiting..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »

the hell you say!

So he has two choices:

2. He can stick to his guns and his methods 100%, accept that it won't work here, be defeated and move on - whether it by his own choosing or being fired in 2 seasons. (sound familiar??)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »

The fuck does Bahr Brunt have to do with any of this?  He's been dead since The Wright Brothers landed at Okinawa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »
Some of y'all need to revisit the "classic" adaptation of Stephen King's The Cycle of the Werewolf known as Silver Bullet. and bask in the glory of fat, coked-out, drunk off his ass, hilarious Gary Busey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2021, 09:12:55 PM »
It will be fine. If you geniuses had it all figured out, we would have never hired Gus. And then no natty appearance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2021, 05:35:20 AM »
Some of y'all need to revisit the "classic" adaptation of Stephen King's The Cycle of the Werewolf known as Silver Bullet. and bask in the glory of fat, coked-out, drunk off his ass, hilarious Gary Busey.

I modeled my entire existence as an uncle after the part he played in that movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
I modeled my entire existence as an uncle after the part he played in that movie.

Good call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »
The fuck does Bahr Brunt have to do with any of this?  He's been dead since The Wright Brothers landed at Okinawa.

No!  They landed in Rammstien right before the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor in Missouri!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2021, 04:20:03 PM »

Auburn is not at a crossroads. Auburn is hanging on the edge of a sinkhole.

After the Tyde skull fuck us and prolly get drilled in the B'ham bowl we may just give up and fall in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »
After the Tyde skull fuck us and prolly get drilled in the B'ham bowl we may just give up and fall in.
But Protective Stadium tho
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2021, 11:53:05 AM »

Make no mistake about it…..regardless of the outcome, the common man will more than likely be priced out. Not Keen Bryan!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
Make no mistake about it…..regardless of the outcome, the common man will more than likely be priced out. Not Keen Bryan!

Things in Dallas have been pretty good this year,  I am no so common anymore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'