Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

USI - Useless Snags Information

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
USI - Useless Snags Information
« on: November 09, 2021, 03:48:18 PM »
F.U. Jar. 

It may be true, but your words are hurtful. 

So along those lines, I think it's obvious to anyone paying attention, that if this staff doesn't load the wagon with Offensive Linemen this recruiting season, next year will be more of the same.  And I mean reeeeaaallly offensive linemen.  So far, we have two commits for next season, but while you have to consistently add quality linemen every year, I don't think you can count on true freshmen to help right away in the SEC.  That is, unless you land a monster 5 star or three, who are far advanced physically.

Having said that, I think it's going to be imperative that they scour the JUCO ranks and live in the Continuum Transfunctioner to find experienced bodies.  There's one quote from Co Harvinz after the Georgia State game that stands out to me.  He said they were changing out everybody on offense and defense to find someone to give them a spark.  But he couldn't do it with the O-line. I wondered why that was, because the line was getting its collectives asses handed to them by a Sun Belt team.  Most likely because there was nobody on the bench who could start for Georgia State.  Gus Malzahn left us in a bind, folks. 

Here's who we have coming back next season:

Jalil Irvin  6'3" 319
Tate Johnson  6'4" 312
Avery Jernigan  6'4" 312
Keiondre Jones  6'4" 345
Kameron Stutts  6'5" 337
Colby Smith  6'8" 314
David Shannon  6'7" 275
Brady Ward  6'7" 330
Thomas Kirkham  6'4" 311
Killian Zierer 6'7" 298
Garner Langlo  6'6" 277

Incoming recruits:

Eston Harris  6'6" 290  4*
Drew Bobo  6'5" 300  3*

Keiondre Jones is the lone returning starter, and Killian Zierer has very little starting and/or playing experience.  The rest of the returning guys on the roster are either walk-ons, or low rated 3* guys who couldn't beat out the ones playing now.  IMO, the rest of this class, and there are a lot of slots to fill, need to be all O-linemen and receivers.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: USI - Useless Snags Information
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »
Agree on offensive linemen. Disagree on wide receivers. The guys we have now are plenty good at dropping Bo's ducks. We need impact defensive linemen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg