Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

MrAZiffell

• RMPL...Got it...
Re: Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2022, 04:27:47 PM »
Sounds like el Tigres will be without Zep and Berman again tonight

Just stopped by to give ya one of those thumbs up things....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,Snaggletiger,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2022, 04:40:24 PM »
Just stopped by to give ya one of those thumbs up things....
Just give us a reach around too please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2022, 04:50:21 PM »

Well to be fair, Chris Berman's jumper has really fallen off this year.  He's only shooting about 20% behind the arc.

This team has been resilient this year.  They found a way to pull that one out against FUGA, but that was a total team effort of being off.  Everybody, with the exception of Wendell Green in the first half, was off their game.  Kessler did some good things, but even Jabari looked disinterested. 

I think a lot of people are pointing at this game as the one that gets us.  If we play even half as bad as we did against FUGA, it will be.  But if we get a little swagger back, and Jabari gets back on his game, I think we handle the Piggies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2022, 05:11:32 PM »
Have they said what's wrong with Jasper?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2022, 09:35:58 PM »
Have they said what's wrong with Jasper?
Whatever it is, he better get back quick. Green is running out of juice and we can’t hit a FT!
No way Arky beats us if we have Zep and hit FTs.
But that’s how it goes sometimes. The SEC is full of strong teams that will take advantage of any deficiencies that pop up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2022, 10:00:19 PM »
Whatever it is, he better get back quick. Green is running out of juice and we can’t hit a FT!
No way Arky beats us if we have Zep and hit FTs.
But that’s how it goes sometimes. The SEC is full of strong teams that will take advantage of any deficiencies that pop up.

To be fair they made one basket from the floor over the last three-plus minutes and OT.  The only time I remember us at the line over that same span was Kessler’s two  misses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »
To be fair they made one basket from the floor over the last three-plus minutes and OT.  The only time I remember us at the line over that same span was Kessler’s two  misses.

Kessler's misses were particularly ugly.  Looks like he's got the FT yips.
As bad as it sounds, I think this will help them more than it will hurt.  They know they were short handed and they know they still should have won.  No streak or #1 ranking albatross hanging around their necks the rest of the way either.
Much rather the streak end there than in the round of 64 or 32.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
Down a starting point guard

On the road against

2nd hottest team in the SEC

Still undefeated in regulation

Who knows how it will play out....but this team is built for March......love this group

Oh.....firebrucepearl!!!! Now

:aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2022, 10:06:37 AM »
I counted 5 in a row that Kessler missed. He had a monster night overall but bad from the stripe.

And yes we certainly miss Jasper.

Hogs are definitely a good team and it’s nuts that they aren’t ranked. And that’s a hell of a place to play on the road. But we are the better team in a neutral environment.

We just have to get used to being a basketball school and we will be fine. But if Pearl doesn’t straighten up quick, they need to run his ass off. Pronto.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2022, 10:17:57 AM »
Kessler's misses were particularly ugly.  Looks like he's got the FT yips.
As bad as it sounds, I think this will help them more than it will hurt.  They know they were short handed and they know they still should have won.  No streak or #1 ranking albatross hanging around their necks the rest of the way either.
Much rather the streak end there than in the round of 64 or 32.

I've seen our "fans" losing their shit over this. 

What is wrong with them? 

Gonzumbass lost to Bama badly and is still a #1 seed. 

It always sucks to lose but it's basketball.  A loss in early February... a close loss to a quality team on the road... is a mosquito bite. 

Do our stupid bandwagoners not remember 2018-19?

Fifteen-point loss to Ole Miss to start the SEC season
Three straight losses at the end of January
A 27-point ass raping at Kentucky in February
A "holy shit" one-point win in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against a high school team

Yeah, it ended great.   But our memories of how we got there have apparently been erased.  I've seen a lot of "this team ain't as gooder as the 2019 team..."   Well, we don't know that, do we.  It's lost twice.  Both times in OT.  If you're complaining about that you should probably go fuck yourself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2022, 10:45:12 AM »
This ain't bitchin' because we lost.  As ridiculous as it sounds, coming off the FUGA game, I had zero expectations for last night. For Arkansas, that was their Auburn/Kentucky....Auburn/Alabama.  20,000 plus fans willing their team to an upset over the #1 team, who yes, is short-handed.  As has been said, we have a lot of games to go, and this is probably the best time to hit a few bumps in the road.  The only thing that matters is playing well come tourney time, and getting in a favorable bracket. 

Now, to bitch.  I'm sincerely hoping that Bruce learned from last night, that when the seconds are winding down, and you have the ball in your hands and the game on the line, it's okay to call timeout and make sure the best player in the country touches the ball on that last possession. I don't care if there are 3 seconds left, you saw what Jabari is more than capable of at the end of overtime.

However, I can answer my own post by saying I got one of the 35 in-game calls from the BIL right after regulation, with him asking that very same question.  Why would you not run a play for Jabari. Let me share my answer.  Because we don't have a play for Jabari.  We don't have plays, period.  From the day Bruce coached his first game at AU, the total sum of his half court offense has been, move it around the perimeter to see if there's an open shot, or let the guard create.  That's it. 

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine, but I'm really just making an observation, one that I've made numerous times during his tenure.  The difference is that now, he's stockpiled talent that can come at you in waves.  I've accepted that it is what it is, and what it is, is damn successful. 

To me, free throws lost that game.  But please, get the damn ball to Jabari.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2022, 10:52:56 AM »
Hard to be upset by an OT conference loss on the road.

I think KD has been reading too much of his press.  Love the guy, but he can't do everything.

Wen had been driving and getting layups in the last couple minutes of the game...tied up near the buzzer, I though victory was assured: either a bucket or two foul shots for the Wen-win.  Instead he threw one up from Little Rock.

Awful officiating, once again, of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2022, 11:07:43 AM »

Yes.  Our misses at the line hurt.  But the loss came at the other end. 

AU went up five with 2:40 remaining.  From that point on, Arkansas scored SIXTEEN FUCKING POINTS at the line.  Sixteen.  Twelve fouls called on AU, ONE on Arkansas.  If you look at the last three minutes of regulation, AU was hit with four fouls.  Arky?  None. 

I usually don't bitch about that because over time it tends to even out.  But that was outrageous. 

I only got to listen and Sonny was pretty pissed.  "Well, we got fouled by every player on the floor and some off the bench on that play, but they called it on us..." 

It didn't even out.  When a team makes TWO shots over eight minutes of game time, it should NOT score 21 fucking points.  Capice?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2022, 12:52:08 PM »
This ain't bitchin' because we lost.  As ridiculous as it sounds, coming off the FUGA game, I had zero expectations for last night. For Arkansas, that was their Auburn/Kentucky....Auburn/Alabama.  20,000 plus fans willing their team to an upset over the #1 team, who yes, is short-handed.  As has been said, we have a lot of games to go, and this is probably the best time to hit a few bumps in the road.  The only thing that matters is playing well come tourney time, and getting in a favorable bracket. 

Now, to bitch.  I'm sincerely hoping that Bruce learned from last night, that when the seconds are winding down, and you have the ball in your hands and the game on the line, it's okay to call timeout and make sure the best player in the country touches the ball on that last possession. I don't care if there are 3 seconds left, you saw what Jabari is more than capable of at the end of overtime.

However, I can answer my own post by saying I got one of the 35 in-game calls from the BIL right after regulation, with him asking that very same question.  Why would you not run a play for Jabari. Let me share my answer.  Because we don't have a play for Jabari.  We don't have plays, period.  From the day Bruce coached his first game at AU, the total sum of his half court offense has been, move it around the perimeter to see if there's an open shot, or let the guard create.  That's it. 

Yes, it's a pet peeve of mine, but I'm really just making an observation, one that I've made numerous times during his tenure.  The difference is that now, he's stockpiled talent that can come at you in waves.  I've accepted that it is what it is, and what it is, is damn successful. 

The reason that Bruce didn’t run a play for Jabari very well may be because he knew that Arkansas would likely be expecting a play from Jabari.

Fucking idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2022, 12:54:46 PM »
The reason that Bruce didn’t run a play for Jabari very well may be because he knew that Arkansas would likely be expecting a play from Jabari.

Fucking idiot.

INCONCEIVABLE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2022, 02:06:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »
I've seen our "fans" losing their shit over this. 

What is wrong with them? 

Gonzumbass lost to Bama badly and is still a #1 seed. 

It always sucks to lose but it's basketball.  A loss in early February... a close loss to a quality team on the road... is a mosquito bite. 

Do our stupid bandwagoners not remember 2018-19?

Fifteen-point loss to Ole Miss to start the SEC season
Three straight losses at the end of January
A 27-point ass raping at Kentucky in February
A "holy shit" one-point win in the first round of the NCAA Tournament against a high school team

Yeah, it ended great.   But our memories of how we got there have apparently been erased.  I've seen a lot of "this team ain't as gooder as the 2019 team..."   Well, we don't know that, do we.  It's lost twice.  Both times in OT.  If you're complaining about that you should probably go fuck yourself.
I should have already known this, but watching the goobers over on Scout still wringing their hands that "we shulda nevah fahred Gus" maked me realize a majority of this fanbase is almost as crazy as bammers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2022, 02:37:38 PM »

Fucking idiot.

Let me tell you something right now.  I'm tired of you coming in here and spouting off like that.  Big, bad keyboard bad ass.  You wouldn't say that shit to my face, now would you?  No, didn't think so.  If you say one more time, that Arkansas would have expected Jabari to get the ball, you and me are gonna' have problems.  Big problems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2022, 04:55:24 PM »
Vanderbilt comes calling tonight for an 8:00 CT contest.  That's 5:17 Mountain Time with Tiger Walk starting at the north end of Haley Center at 4:45.

Vanderbilt comes in at 13-11 and are led by Scottie Pippen, Jr. with right at 19 ppg.  They average 8.4 three pointers a game and 69 total points per game.

Auburn (23-2) is coming off a fairly easy win against Texas A&M.  They jumped out on the Aggies and seemed to keep a 15-20 point lead most of the day, without letting A&M make much of a run, like most teams seem to do. 

I thought Lord Bruce's bunch looked like they were running some semblance of a motion offense at times, which is unusual.  As a result, they got a ton of good looks at the basket from behind the arc, but damn, were they cold.  I haven't looked at any stats, but it seems like the Tigers have really cooled off from the 3-point line in recent games, as a whole. 

Here's to AU handling that business tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions