Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2022, 11:12:02 PM »
Sometimes you just back toward the door, open it, and quietly slide on out.

AU 55
Mizz 54

Couldn’t hit squat.

But KD finished the game with a vengeance!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
eagleair89,
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2022, 10:20:51 AM »
Sometimes you just back toward the door, open it, and quietly slide on out.

AU 55
Mizz 54

Couldn’t hit squat.

But KD finished the game with a vengeance!

Agreed.  We had some of the weirdest lineup combos in at various points just trying to break through their defense, but nothing was working.  The team just kept grinding...kept their cool...and calmly got that Dub.

I think this was a tremendous game in terms of character/team building and it will pay dividends down the stretch.  Road conference wins are rarely gimmes and this was no exception.  Nothing to do but hit the film room/gym and keep working.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2022, 10:35:05 AM »
Agreed.  We had some of the weirdest lineup combos in at various points just trying to break through their defense, but nothing was working.  The team just kept grinding...kept their cool...and calmly got that Dub.

I think this was a tremendous game in terms of character/team building and it will pay dividends down the stretch.  Road conference wins are rarely gimmes and this was no exception.  Nothing to do but hit the film room/gym and keep working.
^^^This^^^  All of it.  Took an L without actually taking an L.  Now Bruce knows the oopty oop play has been figured out in the conference too, so it's time to add some new offensive wrinkles.  Love, love, love me some KD!  He took the team on his back and finished that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2022, 10:55:55 AM »
worst offensive game in a few years.....until the end, we were in the mid/high 20's in FG %. Our star was 2-15 FG shooting.

3-4 years ago even, this kind of performance was a 20 point loss. Now, its a slim win. Yeah, ill take it. Mizzou is also schizo as hell. They scared me all week because they are hot n cold. They are the retard that storms into the room swinging axes or a kamikaze pilot, instead of the smooth criminal that stalks in disguise. The former can be more threatening. Their front court disrupted our front court. We will probably have another game like this - perhaps against MSU or Arky. It's ok....as Bruce eluded to post game, our players and team are allowed to have off nights. They aren't perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2022, 10:59:33 AM »
No question they looked like the weight of number one was like an anchor tying them to the floor.  Up to this point, the team has looked day-by-day like it was having fun.  Last night it looked like it was trying to shit a ripe dragonfruit.

I guess when you see Arkansas beat that same team by 143 and read that you're favored by 18 if you just roll off the bus in your pajamas, it makes it hard to have much spark.  I am a little disappointed I guess that by, say, the 9:00 mark of the second half that the other gear this team has didn't kick in.  You hold a team without a basket for nearly nine minutes, you should build a 10-12 point lead.  Didn't happen. 

I sense there was this wave building over the course of the season that led to Kentucky and once that mountain had been conquered and the ranking was in hand there was a whole lot of "we've arrived" and a huge dose of "well, what the fuck now?" going on.  Maybe even with the coaching staff. Bruce himself seemed off.  His post-game interview was very flat (for him). 

I despise Mizzou, so fuck them anyways.  It's over, move on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2022, 11:12:34 AM »
No question they looked like the weight of number one was like an anchor tying them to the floor.  Up to this point, the team has looked day-by-day like it was having fun.  Last night it looked like it was trying to shit a ripe dragonfruit.

I guess when you see Arkansas beat that same team by 143 and read that you're favored by 18 if you just roll off the bus in your pajamas, it makes it hard to have much spark.  I am a little disappointed I guess that by, say, the 9:00 mark of the second half that the other gear this team has didn't kick in.  You hold a team without a basket for nearly nine minutes, you should build a 10-12 point lead.  Didn't happen. 

I sense there was this wave building over the course of the season that led to Kentucky and once that mountain had been conquered and the ranking was in hand there was a whole lot of "we've arrived" and a huge dose of "well, what the fuck now?" going on.  Maybe even with the coaching staff. Bruce himself seemed off.  His post-game interview was very flat (for him). 

I despise Mizzou, so fuck them anyways.  It's over, move on.

as soon as I think I've seen a classless coach or classless crowd in BB, I see another one that's worse. I have no issue with Cuonzo Martin personally. Hes a good coach and how Mizzou hasn't been better under him is bewildering. But the crowd was as classless as ive seen all year.

"Over....rated" after you LOSE?? Whatever. And that kind of shit is just water off the ducks back.

But "F&CK YOU, A-U" and "PUT HIM UNDER" (paraphrasing - but this is in re to putting an injured horse down on the track, directed at Wendell after his injury while on the court) ? Classless assholes.

The Scam Newton and Pearl Necklace signs were just pathetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2022, 11:41:03 AM »
This is a very good team....maybe exceptional.

Fun to watch well coached and play hard

They ain't gonna win em all

Just need to win the last 6

:aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2022, 12:46:10 PM »
worst offensive game in a few years.....until the end, we were in the mid/high 20's in FG %. Our star was 2-15 FG shooting.
Mama said there'd be days like these.
I think they ended up 30%..and still won.
Most nights a lot more of those shots hit. So if you can survive the off night, you can prevail.

I like that a different guy steps up almost nightly. Cambridge with the extra rebounds and KD with the twenty one pilots attitude.
It just works.
I saw an interview with Zep. It was a good interview. He knows who he is and his role. They all do. That is why they are successful. BP allows each of them to realize their potential within the team.

Sometimes it holds guys back a bit. I used to yell at Okeke to just take the damn ball to the hole. Nobody could stop him. But he played within the team. A good coach can keep superstars humble and allow them to grow better as team players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2022, 12:52:36 PM »
Didn't shoot worth a damn.  Couldn't break through their D.  K is right something was off last night.  KD saying "Hold Deez Nutz" and putting the team on his back was a thing of beauty.  That is twice this season he has willed us to a victory and taken over.  I love that kid!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2022, 01:57:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2022, 06:03:13 PM »
Nice scrimmage with those ugly women from the polar opposite of our Plains.   

Bring on Bama Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2022, 09:47:04 AM »
Bring on Bama Tuesday.

6 point faves and a 76.9% chance of winning (all per the ESPNzzzzzzz)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2022, 11:55:03 PM »
6 point faves and a 76.9% chance of winning (all per the ESPNzzzzzzz)

We covered!
And a walk-on scored the last three points to put a hundred on the turds.
The book faces are very quiet tonight. No complaints about the bad officiating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2022, 11:56:49 PM »
That was a great performance.  Got great contributions from a ton of folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2022, 08:45:54 AM »
We covered!
And a walk-on scored the last three points to put a hundred on the turds.
The book faces are very quiet tonight. No complaints about the bad officiating.
I have a complaint!  They got called for 20 something fouls and that was only about half of what they actually committed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2022, 09:56:50 AM »
I have a complaint!  They got called for 20 something fouls and that was only about half of what they actually committed.

Bammer made 15 3's, and still lost by 20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2022, 09:58:06 AM »
Bammer made 15 3's, and still lost by 20.
And we scored a hundo with only 5 threes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2022, 05:11:37 PM »
And we scored a hundo with only 5 threes.

INCONCEIVABLE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2022, 04:22:26 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,CCTAU,Buzz Killington,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
Sounds like el Tigres will be without Zep and Berman again tonight
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
MrAZiffell,
No reactions