Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Week Whatever Week It Is

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Week Whatever Week It Is
« on: November 08, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »
General news, notes and observations

If someone told me Auburn would hold A&M to kicking 4 oblong balls made of pigskin through a giant H, I would have said it will be a most ripping victory.  Today, I will just say this one time, Bo, if you want to keep playing quarterback here, stay off the drugs.  The D did its job.  The offense reverted back to Georgia State level bad.  I guess it's what we have to live with over the next few weeks.

I really thought Bama would be up 40 at halftime.  After that fat ogre, Co Yaw Yaw, dissed the shit out of the Tahd after the 2019 win, I was sure Lord Saybinz had circled this one on the calendar as a day of retribution. I was at the National Guard Armory in Samson, Alabama watching the Cajun Assassin retain his United States Heavyweight Title with a complete dismantling of Extreme Maddox, when I checked my phone to see a 20-14 score late in the 4th. I know the mods might suspend my account, or at the very least, spike my warn meter for saying this, but I was going to pull for Bama if they meet FUGA in the SECCG.  I actually thought they had a chance.  I think I'll rearrange my sock drawer that day.

Mel Tucker and the Spartans were rudely awakened from their dream season by the Boilermakers.

Wake Forest scored 153 points and still lost to UNC.  Another dream season.....poof!

Texas got gashed by Iowa State to drop to 4-5.  That's 4 straight losses for the cows with horns.  Funny how you don't hear anymore talk about Sharkfeedsian being a Lord Saybinz disciple.

Ole Miss only paid for what they needed, with a lackluster win against Liberty.

Tennessee won in a shootout against Kentucky, and hosts Fuck Georgia this Saturday.  Josh High Pull has the Fighting Cheetos exceeding expectations.  Could they give the flea-bitten mutts a tussle?  Probably not. 

Dan Mullen is such a prick.  I have nothing against Go Gusty Gaytah.  Kind of like the program.  But he's such a prick with ears. Glad he's going through this.  Prick!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Week Whatever Week It Is
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 12:15:22 PM »
As frustrating as the offense was, I still didn't feel terrible about that game.

We're still set to exceed expectations and I feel good about where this staff has us heading.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 12:41:03 PM »
As frustrating as the offense was, I still didn't feel terrible about that game.

We're still set to exceed expectations and I feel good about where this staff has us heading.

Agree here. Already above the board. It's going to take some big changes to improve the offense, especially at the QB position. Also, the WRs are an abortion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
Offense sucked old man saggy balls.  TamU has a damn good front 4.  I was worried they would be wreaking havoc on our OL and they did.  WR's had dick hands again.  Bo looked shitty too.  Just a bad day all around for the offense. D did it's job and did enough to win the game for us.  This one stings because I feel like we are the better team.  Play them at home and I think we win.  Play them on another day in their house and I think we win. 

As said earlier, this team has exceeded expectations.  Saturday did prove just how bad we need to be recruiting the O Lineman.  God I hope we get an impact Freshman or two and hit the portal hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 02:53:00 PM »
The frustrating thing is how well this offense played the last couple of games. Tank did work.  His stats don't show it, but that's as hard as I've seen him run the entire year. 

I heard one of the national sports talk guys say last week, that if No Dix finished the season the way he's played the last two games, he'd get some legitimate Heisman hype going into next season.  I thought that was reasonable because it looked like the light had finally turned on for him and the offense. 

He played like ass, Saturday.

Badly missed a wide open Ja'varrius Johnson on a post pattern that was a sure fire TD.  Overthrew his ass by 4-5 yards.  Shedrick Jackson runs a beautiful hitch pattern and Bo throws it at his ankles, which was the reason the catch call was rightfully overturned.  He throws the ball 5 yards behind Demetrius Robertson in the 4th quarter.  Robertson looked back like, WTF?  He just drops the fucking ball on a scramble, losing the fumble to a scoop and score, snuffing out any hopes of a come back. 

Even though I was told there would be no math, I count this past Saturday as Nix' 35th start. This shit should not be happening.  I've been hoping since this guy signed, that he would become one of the Auburn greats at that position.  But 35 starts in and you still look like ass?

I'm not of the mentality that the 2nd string QB is always the most popular guy on the team.  But damn!!!     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
The frustrating thing is how well this offense played the last couple of games. Tank did work.  His stats don't show it, but that's as hard as I've seen him run the entire year. 

I heard one of the national sports talk guys say last week, that if No Dix finished the season the way he's played the last two games, he'd get some legitimate Heisman hype going into next season.  I thought that was reasonable because it looked like the light had finally turned on for him and the offense. 

He played like ass, Saturday.

Badly missed a wide open Ja'varrius Johnson on a post pattern that was a sure fire TD.  Overthrew his ass by 4-5 yards.  Shedrick Jackson runs a beautiful hitch pattern and Bo throws it at his ankles, which was the reason the catch call was rightfully overturned.  He throws the ball 5 yards behind Demetrius Robertson in the 4th quarter.  Robertson looked back like, WTF?  He just drops the fucking ball on a scramble, losing the fumble to a scoop and score, snuffing out any hopes of a come back. 

Even though I was told there would be no math, I count this past Saturday as Nix' 35th start. This shit should not be happening.  I've been hoping since this guy signed, that he would become one of the Auburn greats at that position.  But 35 starts in and you still look like ass?

I'm not of the mentality that the 2nd string QB is always the most popular guy on the team.  But damn!!!     

In fairness he's only had 9 starts with any amount of coaching.

You've seen the info-graphic that shows "what you think success is" (straight line up at 45 degrees) and "what success really is" (overall steady upward trend, with loops of regression).  He's improving, but he's got plenty to learn (and maybe a bit more to un-learn).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »
better than expectations?...i penciled in 7-5 at best and was being chased by a pitch fork.   we could be sitting at 6-6 as easily as we could be 8-4.

i'll be glad when bo nix is gone.  tj isn't the answer either.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 03:36:14 PM »
In fairness he's only had 9 starts with any amount of coaching.

You've seen the info-graphic that shows "what you think success is" (straight line up at 45 degrees) and "what success really is" (overall steady upward trend, with loops of regression).  He's improving, but he's got plenty to learn (and maybe a bit more to un-learn).

Bo had a great game against Akron.  He played as good as we've seen him play against Arkansas and Ole Miss. In the other 6 games this season, he's got a 52.3% completion rate.  Not once over 56%.  Since Akron and Alabama State, he has 4 passing TD's and 3 INT's. I hope he throws for 400 yards a game and 25 TD's over the last 3.  Mississippi State and South Carolina should allow him to do that.  But after 35 starts, the guy is playing at a Fetal Mosely level.  Without the fetal.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 11:06:29 AM »

Waiter...I'll have what he's having.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 11:53:46 AM »
better than expectations?...i penciled in 7-5 at best and was being chased by a pitch fork.   we could be sitting at 6-6 as easily as we could be 8-4.

i'll be glad when bo nix is gone.  tj isn't the answer either.   

Yes.  Every damn sports writer out there had us at .500 or below.  I was thinking if we could go 6-6 and make it to the B'ham bowl with what Gus left us and a brand new staff, with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball then it was a pretty good season.  We have a legit shot at going 9-3. 

Bo sucks and TJ isn't any better.  I hope to hell we either get a t'fer stud or Dematrius Davis is the real deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 01:13:51 PM »
Dematrius Davis

WOTS is his throws and the broad side of a barn rarely meet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 02:04:08 PM »

Bo sucks and TJ isn't any better. 

You are dead wrong about one of these statements.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.