Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pearl Lands A Good One

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pearl Lands A Good One
« on: November 02, 2021, 12:30:43 PM »
Only thing i could find on Chance Westry's stats were from his sophomore year, when he averaged 24 ppg.  The following is a copy/pasta from 247.  War Damn Pearl.

Westry, a 6-6, 185 forward/guard, was in Auburn over the weekend for an official visit after making a previous trip to Auburn in June to check out the Tigers. Westry played at Sierra Canyon High School as a junior and has transferred to Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix, Ariz., for the 2021-22 season.

Rated as the No. 11 small forward in the 2022 class by 247Sports, he is ranked as the No. 4 overall prospect in Arizona and the 39 overall prospect nationally. In the 247Sports composite ranking he is listed as the No. 31 overall prospect, the No. 9 small forward and No. 3 player in Arizona.

While another SEC team was Auburn's main competition in this recruiting battle, Westry landed a large number of scholarship offers from around the country. That group includes Syracuse, Arizona State, UConn, Maryland, Florida, DePaul, Nebraska, Michigan, Southern Cal, St. John's, Miami, Penn State and others. Prior to heading west he played at Trinity High School in Camp Hill, Pa.

Westry joins guard Tre Donaldson from Florida State University High School in Tallahassee as verbal commitments for Auburn's 2022 class.

Eric Bossi, a recruiting analyst for 247Sports, had these comments about Westry:

"What stands out most about Westry is his versatility. He's a Swiss Army Knife of sorts on the perimeter who does a variety of things. When he's at his best, Westry is attacking off the dribble from the wing and making plays at the rim. Rather than dance with the ball and waste dribbles, Westry makes quick and decisive drives and he does so with his head up allowing him to survey the court at all times. If he can't get to the rim he's an alert passer who is happy to share with his teammates and he passes it well enough that he can play stretches as a point wing of sorts and he's an outstanding option as a secondary ball handler.

"A fine athlete, Westry is a slick finisher in transition who also uses his quickness and length be a dangerous defender. He moves his feet, anticipates well and loves to pressure the ball. Westry does need to continue to add bulk in the weight room and he's got to improve his three point shooting, but it is just a matter of reps and his jumper isn't by any means broken.

"Looking ahead to when he makes his way to campus, Westry is just the kind of long and versatile athlete that Pearl has proven he can get a lot out of. He'll be able to be moved all over the perimeter and based on what he's showed playing against high level high school competition and during the summers with his grassroots team the New York Rens in Nike's EYBL."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pearl Lands A Good One
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
He's got the bodies.  Let's do the damn thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,Saniflush,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 02:50:35 PM »
He's got the bodies.  Let's do the damn thing.

Yep.  I'd feel a lot better though, if Flanigan wasn't laid up til about midseason.  Dude had become a ballah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 09:37:57 AM »
6’ 6” 185 would’ve been a tackle for Gus. Not no guard. Haskle is abandoning the entire blueprint that was left for him, especially at making a high caliber offensive line factory.

Thank God.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 01:34:42 PM »
I think we should fire Pearl!  He just isn't getting it done! Whit Chubb, Bowers and all those other great recruits he should be winning 20 minimum!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 02:55:46 PM »
I think we should fire Pearl!  He just isn't getting it done! Whit Chubb, Bowers and all those other great recruits he should be winning 20 minimum!

Hear here. 

#firebrucepearldotcum
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 11:07:39 AM »
Final Four Sweet 16 or bust!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 04:50:17 PM »
I think Chance Westry and Trey Donaldson were supposed to sign today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.