Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lane's Train Derailed by Analytics

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Lane's Train Derailed by Analytics
« on: October 31, 2021, 02:35:28 PM »
That was satisfying.

Really only one critique of the Auburn performance: the fumbles need to be cleaned up.

Let's talk about what a dumbshit Joey Freshwater is instead.

Lane's determination to listen to that creepy analytics guy who hovers over his shoulder is going to be his downfall  Five minutes to go, down by 11 and you...don't kick the FG from the 18 yard line?????  There were other examples of this foolishness, but that one jumped out at me.

Biggest head-scratcher of the night involved the Corral Theisman/triumphant return saga.  Why in the world, with Corral out, would they put in the true frosh and not the guy who was starting at QB when Matt showed up on campus?  Plumlee was serviceable and has extensive experience.  Lane is not a smart man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Lane's Train Derailed by Analytics
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »
There were quite a few head scratchers last night from Co Kiffins, and yes, passing up the FG was #1 on the list.  God bless him for it. 

The Game went just about exactly as I had hoped, defensively.  Hobby Lobby was going to move the ball.  Not being a very big unit, we’ve got guys who can run, and they were able to disrupt a lot of things.  Colby Wooden is fast becoming a freaking stud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."