Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Stat Snags

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Stat Snags
« on: October 28, 2021, 10:09:20 AM »
Those of you that remember, or still see Stat Tiger's in-depth breakdown of statistical data, know that without a doubt, I'm not him.  MLB has gone over the top with WHIP and SCHLIP and RISP and Exit Velocities etc.  Give me Wins/Losses and
 and ERA.  Show me Batting Average, Home Runs and RBI's.  But I love looking at basic numbers to see where teams and players are.  Right at the half way point in the season, assuming a bowl at minimum, some Auburn numbers are:

Record:  5-2 (2-1 SEC)

Pts Per Game:  35.4   Opponents:  19.7  (Somewhat skewed by the two early season cupcake blowouts)

Rushing Yards Per Game:  196   Opponents:  122

Passing Yards Per Game:  252   Opponents:  218

Total Yards Per Game:  448   Opponents:  340

Individual Rushing:

Tank Bigsby:  102 for 547  5.2 ypc  6 TD

Jarquez Hunter:  57 for 494  8.6 ypc  3 TD

Bo Nix:  40 for 213  4.0 ypc  2 TD

Passing:

Bo Nix:  128/211  61%  8 TD  2 INT

TJ Finley:  17/32  53%  2 TD  0 INT

Defense Clap Clap:

Zacoby McClain:  53 Total Tackles  28 Solo

Chandler Wooten:  52 Total Tackles  29 Solo

Colby Wooden:  32 Total Tackles  16 Solo  (4 Sacks)

As a team, we have 19 total sacks and 4 interceptions

Missing from those stats is Owen Pappoe, who hasn't played since getting injured at Pedo Valley.  Also, TD Moultry has 3 of those sacks and has been gone, I believe since Penn State as well.  However, Eku Leota-hatani-miki-liki-hi has played very well in his absence.  With Matt Corral & Co. coming in this weekend, I'm hoping both will be suited up again.

One other thing of note.  My keen, totally untrained eye, said numerous times in the first half of the Arkansas game, that Nix could have pulled the ball on the hand off and run for 15 yards.  They did use him several times in the second half and it made a difference.  I think that needs to be more a part of the offense as they haven't exactly been blowing opponents off the ball for Tank and Quez.   

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:14:21 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Stat Snags
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »
Compelling stuff.  Just riveting.

Kidddddddding.....

OM has the most explosive offense we'll see this year...the question is whether we can keep pace and force one extra stop/turnover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 12:14:45 PM »
Compelling stuff.  Just riveting.

Kidddddddding.....

OM has the most explosive offense we'll see this year...the question is whether we can keep pace and force one extra stop/turnover.

If Pappoe is back, and hopefully anywhere near 100%, I like our chances a lot better. Other than the times Fair or Burks are in, this is not a big defense.  While we don't have anybody who can consistently come off the edge, I think we have the speed to keep Corral n check....somewhat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
If Pappoe is back, and hopefully anywhere near 100%, I like our chances a lot better. Other than the times Fair or Burks are in, this is not a big defense.  While we don't have anybody who can consistently come off the edge, I think we have the speed to keep Corral n check....somewhat.

I'd guess you keep a spy on a guy like that.  I'd hate to lose McClain's other contributions, but I know for a fact he'd run that sumbitch down all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:49:30 PM »
I'd guess you keep a spy on a guy like that.  I'd hate to lose McClain's other contributions, but I know for a fact he'd run that sumbitch down all day.
Yeah...it sure would be nice to get Pappoe back this week.  He could be that spy and let McClain wreak havoc elsewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »
Also be good if TD gets back in the rotation.  As fast as Ole Miss can go, we need as many fresh bodies as possible coming in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »
Y'know...I just accepted the narrative that Corral is dangerous with his feet.  So I looked him up:

2021: 100 atts   474 yards   4.7 ypc 9 TDs   32 longest 98 syl (through 7 games...so approx. 14 carries per game)

2020: 112   atts 506 yards 4.5 ypc   4 TDS   27 longest   99 syl (10 games)

2019: 57   atts 135 yards    2.4 ypc    23 TDs   1 longest 82 syl  (12 games...split the season with JRP)

What does that mean?  Fuck if I know.

When he's the undisputed starter, his stats are pretty steady.  I'd like to know the breakdown between called runs and broken plays.  He's no Matt Jones, but I think his skill is using the broken play to buy time and throw downfield.  The DBs are going to need to cover extra seconds and the DL MUST get pressure on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
Y'know...I just accepted the narrative that Corral is dangerous with his feet.  So I looked him up:

2021: 100 atts   474 yards   4.7 ypc 9 TDs   32 longest 98 syl (through 7 games...so approx. 14 carries per game)

2020: 112   atts 506 yards 4.5 ypc   4 TDS   27 longest   99 syl (10 games)

2019: 57   atts 135 yards    2.4 ypc    23 TDs   1 longest 82 syl  (12 games...split the season with JRP)

What does that mean?  Fuck if I know.

When he's the undisputed starter, his stats are pretty steady.  I'd like to know the breakdown between called runs and broken plays.  He's no Matt Jones, but I think his skill is using the broken play to buy time and throw downfield.  The DBs are going to need to cover extra seconds and the DL MUST get pressure on him.

Corral has been sacked 16 times in 7 games this season, so that knocks a chunk off his rushing total.  In the Tennessee game, he had 195 yards on the ground, so I think that's what everybody is hung up on.  But he is consistent.  He's going to break contain and pick up some first downs.  Just have to accept it and limit it as much as possible.  Which brings me to one of Snags' pet peeves.

If the QB lines up in the gun, takes the snap, tucks it to run, and gets stopped for a 3 yard loss, what are the stats?

The QB gets 3 yards off his rushing total, and the defender gets credit for a TFL, tackle for loss. 

If the QB takes the snap and rolls out to pass, and gets tackled 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage, what are the stats?

The defender gets credit for a sack.  The QB gets 5 yards off his rushing total. Wait, it was a pass play, so why affect his rushing yardage?

Actually, I just like talking about sacks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 05:35:12 PM »
Corral has been sacked 16 times in 7 games this season, so that knocks a chunk off his rushing total.  In the Tennessee game, he had 195 yards on the ground, so I think that's what everybody is hung up on.  But he is consistent.  He's going to break contain and pick up some first downs.  Just have to accept it and limit it as much as possible. 

Sounds like his OL sucks and he's running for his life. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
Sounds like his OL sucks and he's running for his life.
Wait. Are we talking about Bo…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »
Also be good if TD gets back in the rotation.  As fast as Ole Miss can go, we need as many fresh bodies as possible coming in.

Not til next week.

https://twitter.com/JayGTate/status/1454161187978022914
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 05:19:19 PM »
Not til next week.

https://twitter.com/JayGTate/status/1454161187978022914

So TD is playing tomorrow?  Hell yeah.  Wasn't Jay G the one saying Smoke was out for Ole Miss? I guess the Drill Phone had a bad connection that day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 01:18:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 04:04:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 05:17:18 PM »
The O-line is allowing him to stay in the pocket longer, and he’s taking advantage of it.  Looks like a totally different QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions