Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit
« on: October 20, 2021, 10:59:09 AM »
The University of Auburn is off this week after a nice road win against the Piggies. A much needed rest before heading down the back stretch of the season against an all SEC slate.  Honestly, the opening week of the season had much more intriguing games than we'll get this weekend.  What's the featured game of the week, USC (3-3) at Notre Dame (5-1)?  Will Game Day be set up in South Bend?  Will they be at Pitt for the clash with Clemson?  Yeesh!  Not a good week around the country, and certainly not the SEC.

Clemson @ Pitt:  Some of you are going, Say Wuuuuut?  I like this one because I think the Panthers make Clemson even more ear-relevant than they already are.  I made the mistake last Saturday of trying to muscle my way through a few minutes of Clemson vs. Syracuse.  Gawt damn, my eyes.  That was two bad, bad teams.  Amazing because you know Clemson didn't suddenly become void of talent.  Pitt, on the other hand, has quietly worked their way to a 5-1 record.  They had a hiccup against Western Michigan.  Otherwise, they've hung 40+ on just about everyone else.  QB, Kenny Pickett, has been there for 17 years and is really good. What this comes down to is, Pitt can score.  Clemson can't.

Pitt:  35

Clemson:  14

Tennessee @ Bama:  3rd Saturday in October rolls around again, and the team in the dark pink and crimson jerseys will roll again themselves.  UT is obviously better than most thought under Josh High Pull.  Although, when you look at two of their "impressive wins", they came against two of the bottoms dwellers of the SEC, Mizzou and Sakerlina.  They're also coming off a bit of a heart breaker against the Black Bears, so I expect they know the beat down is coming.  It is.

Bama:  49

UT:  20

LSU @ Ole Miss:  Interesting.  Veeeerrry interesting.  The Bengals surprised err'body when they hung 49 on Florida.  How did they do it?  They ran over, through and around The Fighting Percy Harveys.  No one saw that coming, especially not Florida.  LSU couldn't run against air until that game.  They switched things up and started running counter plays with a lot of big linemen out front.  Florida was like, "Whutchu' talkin' bout, Willis?"  They never adjusted and one LSU back ran for almost 300 yards. The question becomes, will Ole Miss prepare for that?  Can they stop it, because that D is not very good.  I like the Rebels at home, but only because LSU is having to shop at Hobby Lobby.

Ole Miss:  42

LSU:  34

What say you?  Any other games of "interest"?  Feel free to discuss, opine and otherwise, go fuck your selves.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Huit
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 11:29:45 AM »
Perfect weekend to catch Dune on the Imax screen and clean out my garage.

Go Faux Tigahs, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 04:17:02 PM »
Since I got everything wrong last week...

Clemson...ehhh who gives a fuck? 
Phi Slamma Bamma will curb stomp the former Pruitts.  Might drop 60 on them.

The dynamics change a little for Old Piss if the clear Heisman front-runner Uncle Rico Coral is actually unable to play.  If LSU chooses to stop trying to be the sequel to Joe Burrow's Flying Machine, and just does what LSU does ... or did before they decided to throw the ball 50 times a game and Orgeron kept trying to capture that same magic in the broken Dixie Beer bottle.... yeah.  Run the ball, keep Kiffin's best weapon (his own offensive lunacy) chained to the sidelines?  I think LSU cracks their skulls in front of every Manning that ever existed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »

The dynamics change a little for Old Piss if the clear Heisman front-runner Uncle Rico Coral is actually unable to play.  If LSU chooses to stop trying to be the sequel to Joe Burrow's Flying Machine, and just does what LSU does ... or did before they decided to throw the ball 50 times a game and Orgeron kept trying to capture that same magic in the broken Dixie Beer bottle.... yeah.  Run the ball, keep Kiffin's best weapon (his own offensive lunacy) chained to the sidelines?  I think LSU cracks their skulls in front of every Manning that ever existed.

Speak it into existence, boss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.