Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Crystal Ball Time

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Crystal Ball Time
« on: October 17, 2021, 03:37:10 PM »
Big picture prognostications.

The premises:
  • Auburn appears to be improving with each week's passing.  I presume this will remain constant, with an ever improving standard, creating program stability.
  • LSU will throw the bank at Joe Brady, but with trouble on the horizon in Baton Rouge, Brady remains in the NFL.  Therefore, the new hire is likely to have a culture/system transitioning period
  • Bama is showing signs of weakness, the veneer of invincibility is gone and I think they drop two more this year, prompting some soul searching in T-town (which is totally unwarranted, obviously, but cult gonna bamma...or whatever)
  • A&M will continue to be the cfb equivalent of an Italian sportscar: look fantastic for sporadic moments of high-octane glory, but spend most of the time in the shop.
  • Lane Kiffen is too volatile to remain anywhere for too long.  He'll be looking elsewhere soon or his lack of defense will prompt his involuntary leaving.
  • The Mike Leach experiment will end in Starkvegas just like it does everywhere: with some eye popping passing stats and a .500 record.
  • Arkansas is at least 3 years from having a roster than can withstand an SEC schedule.  Will Pittman get the Stoops grace, or will the Hogs get impatient and turn it all over again?  Either way, they're out of the race until further notice.

So, what does all that mean?  I think Auburn is ahead of the game in improving its positioning in the SECW.  Everyone but Bama is likely candidate for a coaching change within 3 years.  If we can capitalize on Bama's "stumbles" (that's a relative fucking word) I think we can restructure the West with Auburn at the head of the table for a nice long run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Crystal Ball Time
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »
It will be interesting to see what happens with re-alignment.  If they don't go to some kind of pod scheme, or just do away with divisions completely, and there is still an East and West in a few years, I'm thinking you guys will have to move East.  Also, with the transfer portal, it does not take as long to turn over a roster as it used to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 12:23:22 AM »
AU is always optimistic......sometimes it becomes reality, sometimes

LSU is on the verge of 70's irevalancy

Uat, relatively, is definitely softer this year....don't matter.....but AU can beat em...maybe

I like Ferraris

Lane is a helluva a golfer, bring balls and a spare visor (and maybe some mustard)

Starkville is a fun road trip.....who cares who the coach is

Is the Southwest Conference still relevant

As Always

War Eagle

:cheers:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 01:01:34 AM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
It will be interesting to see what happens with re-alignment.  If they don't go to some kind of pod scheme, or just do away with divisions completely, and there is still an East and West in a few years, I'm thinking you guys will have to move East.  Also, with the transfer portal, it does not take as long to turn over a roster as it used to.

I think it's inevitable. Play GA anyway every year being in east and make Bammer the 1 perm from the West - both rivalries preserved. Rotate the rest including - yes, lsu.  LSU would be auburns big causality in that move but I think I take Fla in that trade if I must.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 10:46:43 AM »
I think it's inevitable. Play GA anyway every year being in east and make Bammer the 1 perm from the West - both rivalries preserved. Rotate the rest including - yes, lsu.  LSU would be auburns big causality in that move but I think I take Fla in that trade if I must.

Bama would have to choose between Auburn and UT, which I can't see them agreeing to, though.  I think move AU and Bama to East, and put Mizzou in the West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Bama would have to choose between Auburn and UT, which I can't see them agreeing to, though.  I think move AU and Bama to East, and put Mizzou in the West.

yeah that's a good idea to JH.

Although.....can we move Mizzou way out west?? like out of the conf?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »
yeah that's a good idea to JH.

Although.....can we move Mizzou way out west?? like out of the conf?

Mizzouey has more conference championship appearances than:

Ole Miss
Miss State
Vandy
South Carolina
A&M
Kentucky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 06:38:17 PM »
Mizzouey has more conference championship appearances than:

Ole Miss
Miss State
Vandy
South Carolina
A&M
Kentucky

Do not care. Blind squirrel. And they wouldn’t have went to a single one in the west. But it’s more the cultural  aspect to me. May as well let Iowa and Nebraska in. Midwestern nasally accented fucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 07:57:07 PM »
Do not care. Blind squirrel. And they wouldn’t have went to a single one in the west. But it’s more the cultural  aspect to me. May as well let Iowa and Nebraska in. Midwestern nasally accented fucks.

MIZEEEEEEE   ZOUUUUUUUUU  *M O U S E*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.