Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Good Win

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Good Win
« on: October 16, 2021, 04:59:32 PM »
Good win today!  Bo looked good today, OL looked better without Troxel, receivers didn't have dick hands, D bent but didn't really break. 

Still issues to be fixed.  Got to get a run game going.  135 yards might get it done against Arkyslaw but not against others.  DL needs to get better to take pressure off our DB's and help free up our LB's. 

I like that Ole Miss has UT and LSU before they get to us.  We have a bye week to work on things and get people healthy.  That and the fact that Ole Miss has a shitty defense, I like our chances.  I think we have a legit shot walking into the Iron Bowl 9-3. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Good Win
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 06:29:48 PM »
Good win today!  Bo looked good today, OL looked better without Troxel, receivers didn't have dick hands, D bent but didn't really break. 

Still issues to be fixed.  Got to get a run game going.  135 yards might get it done against Arkyslaw but not against others.  DL needs to get better to take pressure off our DB's and help free up our LB's. 

I like that Ole Miss has UT and LSU before they get to us.  We have a bye week to work on things and get people healthy.  That and the fact that Ole Miss has a shitty defense, I like our chances.  I think we have a legit shot walking into the Iron Bowl 9-3.

I want to snuggle with you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 12:00:24 PM »
Testify!

Bo looked great.  The receivers actually caught the ball and the OL created a pocket. 

I'd bet dollars to your doughnuts that some asses got fucking chewed over the course of the week between the UGA game and yesterday.

Mason needs to let those CBs play press-man.  Those 10 yard cushions give me Ted Roof flashbacks.

And poor Zion Pucket...just was not that kid's day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 12:51:03 PM »
Can we all please bring golf balls to the ole miss game

As Always

War Eagle
 :cheers:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »
To save the clicks, I'll grab some of al.com's better notes:

Auburn’s first score against Arkansas came on its opening possession, which saw the Tigers march 75 yards over six plays, with Nix finding Ja’Varrius Johnson for a 39-yard touchdown. It was the first opening-drive touchdown for Auburn in an SEC game since the 2019 Arkansas game

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/mike-bobo-auburn-show-blueprint-for-bryan-harsins-offense-in-win-vs-arkansas.html

McClain finished with 15 tackles and a pair of pass-breakups in the second half, while Wooten posted 10 tackles, with seven solo stops.

He averaged 47.8 yards on five punts Saturday, including a 57-yarder in the third quarter that flipped the field and pinned Arkansas at its 11-yard line.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/grading-auburns-38-23-win-against-arkansas.html

Zakoby McClain nearly went for the ball. McClain eased up once he noticed Harris was close to making the play.

“It was a good play, good call by coach to use our blitzes on the quarterback and rattle him up,” McClain said after the game. I went in there and stopped their running back from letting the quarterback get out of the pocket. And Derick came around and got the strip-sack, and I went to jump on the ball. I really had it, was sitting on it, but I gave it to my boy Marcus. I love him.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/auburn-defense-changes-the-game-with-big-strip-sack-against-arkansas.html

On working on new drills with the wide receivers…

“We did it the week before, too. It’s not anything revolutionary. It’s just some of the one-on-one stuff you do at practice. I think we’ve done some things with our entire team of just kind of throwing the ball around and catching it. Sometimes it’s not so much the drills. Sometimes when something becomes such a focus you’ve got to really take a step back and put things into perspective. Our guys, they’re going to catch the ball and they can make plays. We’ve got to go out there and work on it everyday and have confidence in ourselves and believe that we can go out there and make those plays. It’s not really any more complicated than that.

“There’s a few things we did drill-wise, but overall ‘you know what you’re capable of doing, just go out there and do it. Don’t let all these other factors become bigger than what they really are.’ It’s just doing your job at the wide receiver position on that side of the ball. That was the message this week. Just do your job. You don’t have to do anything more than that. Just focus on one play at a time. It’s simple, but don’t get ahead of yourself. I think the big thing is just the standards that guys are developing for themselves of how they’re going to get themselves ready. They’re not just going out there just to get through it, but they’re trying to go out there and really get better and be intentional about it. That showed up more.

“I thought more guys stayed after practice and did a few things with the QB’s. They’re trying to work on that stuff on their own and just tweak it from practice and get it just right. I think that becomes the difference. It’s more about the extra work and focus that the players are doing amongst themselves to try to get it better, than it was any drill that we did.”

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/what-bryan-harsin-said-about-auburns-38-23-win-at-arkansas.html

“He’s a competitor, so that’s something I would expect out of him, just coming out and leading those guys,” edge defender Derick Hall said. “… He wants to win, and that’s shown up in the last three weeks. He’s going to keep growing and keep getting better, and that’s just, like I said, that’s our quarterback, and we stand behind him 100 percent.”

Since that second half against Georgia State, Nix has completed 65-of-108 of his passes for 764 yards while accounting for five total touchdowns and leading Auburn to its two biggest wins of the season against LSU and now 17th-ranked Arkansas.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/bo-nixs-stellar-road-performance-guides-auburn-past-no-17-arkansas.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
Bizarro Auburn News:

4 different TEs caught passes yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 04:48:02 PM »
Bizarro Auburn News:

4 different TEs caught passes yesterday.

End of times is nigh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 10:45:24 PM »
Almost forgot to vent my spleen about the broadcast crew.  Murray and Nueheisal (??) spent three hours taking shots at Auburn and patting each other on the back for it.

Fuck those clowns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 12:02:56 AM »
Almost forgot to vent my spleen about the broadcast crew.  Murray and Nueheisal (??) spent three hours taking shots at Auburn and patting each other on the back for it.

Fuck those clowns.

I was but wasn't paying attention, but noticed they were taking a shot at us every chance.  Then I realized who it was.  I know Murray's beef but why does Nuehesial hate us so much?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions