Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Personal Random Observations on the Future

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Personal Random Observations on the Future
« on: October 14, 2021, 03:54:28 PM »
I'll go Captain Obvious right off the bat.  Until we get some talented bodies on the O-line, none of this other stuff really matters.  They do some things well, a little better than last year, but they're all gone when the season's done.  PRIORITY #1!!!

* At the game Saturday, I noticed a full 8 man rotation on the defensive line, plus a sprinkling of a couple of other players.  We only lose two to graduation, transfer Tony Fair, and Marquis Burks. 

* JJ Pegues was one who got extended playing time against FUGA, but I've read that they're working him back at TE some. 

* True Freshman, Marquis Robinson, 6'3" 310, got a number of snaps on Saturday.  Anytime a freshman can go against one of the best lines in the country, it can't be anything but good.

* One freshman who is an obvious redshirt, is top recruit, DL Lee Hunter.  6'4" 321.  I imagine the fact that they do have 8-10 guys they can rotate on the D-line meant they weren't going to burn a redshirt needlessly.  He may have injury problems.  Just speculation.  But he was dressed Saturday.

* At the time, it seemed we got a coup in flipping 5* DE, Dylan Brooks. 6'5" 250.  He was dressed as well Saturday, but he may be redshirting because the reported 6'5" 250 somehow turned into 6'4" 225. I always wonder why there's so much difference in the reported recruiting stats, and reality when they get on campus.

* Two of the three starting LB's, Zacoby McClain and Chandler Wooten, are graduating this year.  Pappoe is a Junior, and hopefully will hang around for his senior season.  He's an Engineering major, so maybe he's not laser focused on leaving asap to try the NFL.  With him being out the last few games, Wesley Steiner and Romello Height have seen a lot of action.  Much needed experience for 2022.

* With the addition of Drew Bobo to our commit list, we still only have 12 in the fold.  6 four stars and 5 three stars.  The unranked player is Alex McPherson, who keeks dee ball.  His offer list was a Who's Who of top programs, so I hope he can step in after years of teh Carlson.  I saw a McPherson kicking for the Bengals Sunday.  They said he was a rookie from Florida, so I wonder if that's a younger brother.  Florida was on his offer list.

Anywayz, just some thoughts on the future.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Personal Random Observations on the Future
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 05:10:43 PM »

* At the game Saturday, I noticed a full 8 man rotation on the defensive line, plus a sprinkling of a couple of other players.  We only lose two to graduation, transfer Tony Fair, and Marquis Burks. 

Definitely like the depth we're building.  Still needs some studs, but they're more than serviceable as a group.

* JJ Pegues was one who got extended playing time against FUGA, but I've read that they're working him back at TE some. 

I think this is more an indictment of our OL than anything else.  He's got a future on the DL, but he's too talented (or just too much of a space-eater) to not throw onto the OL for added beef.

* True Freshman, Marquis Robinson, 6'3" 310, got a number of snaps on Saturday.  Anytime a freshman can go against one of the best lines in the country, it can't be anything but good.

That makes me moist.  Much like Mike Wallace.

* One freshman who is an obvious redshirt, is top recruit, DL Lee Hunter.  6'4" 321.  I imagine the fact that they do have 8-10 guys they can rotate on the D-line meant they weren't going to burn a redshirt needlessly.  He may have injury problems.  Just speculation.  But he was dressed Saturday.

Has he played in 4?  Could be waiting for an opportunity to maximize his experience before dropping the redshirt on him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »

Has he played in 4?  Could be waiting for an opportunity to maximize his experience before dropping the redshirt on him.
[/quote]

To be honest, I haven't noticed him in there, and I can't find any individual stats on him.  I would assume they would want to get him his 4 games, but I can't find anything.  Possibly a nagging injury situation.  Just speculating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 04:04:33 PM »
Bump

Saw a piece from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. on Auburn's freshmen class and where they stand as far as possible redshirts.  I was actually a little surprised at the lack of contributions from this class.  Maybe it's Co Habrinz philosophy to let freshmen develop, if possible, but I don't recall a class that's had less overall impact.

Of course, Jarquez Hunter leads the way, but that was a no-brainer given the lack of depth at RB.  He's been in 7 games so no shirt for him. 

Landen King, a 6'5" 214 lb. tight end, has now been in 3 games and has 3 catches for 54 yards.  I've only seen that small sample size, but he looks like a match up problem at that height and weight.  I imagine he'll keep playing.

After that, it's just about nada, zip, zilch.  The highest rated player, DE Dylan Brooks hasn't set for on the field.  2nd highest rated, DT Lee Hunter, has watched the entire season from the sidelines too.  So has QB, Dematrius Davis.

DT Marquis Robinson, got some snaps against FUGA, but that's it.  Defensive linemen like Tobechi Okoli and Ian Matthews have ridden the pine as well.  Again, maybe it's a matter of Brine Harzins thinking it's better to let them develop.  Then again, where do you insert them to get playing time with a rotation that's 8-9 deep, while you are in the heart of the SEC schedule?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 04:05:32 PM »
Damn autocorrect
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
Given these numbers, can we still say we're young and the future is bright?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 04:25:29 PM »
Given these numbers, can we still say we're young and the future is bright?

Only if we have a good week of practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 12:13:51 PM »
  The unranked player is Alex McPherson, who keeks dee ball.  His offer list was a Who's Who of top programs, so I hope he can step in after years of teh Carlson.  I saw a McPherson kicking for the Bengals Sunday.  They said he was a rookie from Florida, so I wonder if that's a younger brother.  Florida was on his offer list.

Yes it's his brother and both played high school ball at Fort Payne
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 12:17:52 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 12:18:15 PM »
Bump

I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

the future IS bright for you cowboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 12:20:54 PM »
the future IS bright for you cowboy.

I've had a good week of blow jobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 06:49:25 PM »
I've had a good week of blow jobs.

I bet you’ve worked “hard”.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 05:49:02 PM »
I bet you’ve worked “hard”.

A young couple falls on hard times and, as a last resort, they agree that the wife will start giving blowjobs at the park to help them stay afloat.

Coming home after her first night on the job, she proudly drops $125.05 on the table.

Her husband demands to know the name of the cheap bastard that only paid her a nickel.

She says, a little confused: "All of them."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
eagleair89,Buzz Killington,bottomfeeder,
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.