Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big 10 Showing Up and Teh SEC

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Big 10 Showing Up and Teh SEC
« on: October 19, 2021, 10:28:34 AM »
In checking the latest AP Top 25 Poll, a couple of things stand out.  Obviously, FUGA holds on the top spot, but dangity dang, this may be the year a Group of 5 team gets their shot at the brass, crystal ring, football shaped glass thingy.  Cincinnati sits at #2 with wins over Indiana and Notre Dame, in the shadow of Touchdown Jesus.

The Sooners of the University of Oklahoma come in at #3, with Bama at #4.  After that, the Big 10 does some representin' to round out the top 10.

5. the Ohio State University

6. Meat Chicken

7. Sandusky University

8. Oklahoma State

9. Michigan State University. (Undefeated at 7-0)

10. Oregon (They're just not that fast)

Big 10's Iowa comes in at #11.  Your Auburn Tigers check in at #19.

I still believe that Alabama and Fuck Georgia are the class (I use that word loosely) of the SEC and the nation.  I know this is up for debate, but I would give Bama the nod if/when those two played.  FUGA's D is definitely hard core, but their offense still doesn't do a lot for me.  I think Bama can play good enough D to hang with the Mutts, but it's on the offensive side where I believe they just plain have more weapons. We shall see, unless our Aubs snuff out those dreams in JHS.

Vandy, Mizzou and Sakerlina are the dregs of the conference.  Those are not good teams.  No way to sugar coat it.  My thoughts are that you can throw a blanket over the rest of the SEC.  I think on any given Saturday, Auburn, A&M, Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss and the rest of them, would be somewhere close to a pick em' for any match up between those clubs.  And a win by any of them wouldn't be a surprise at all.

We've got a lot of good shit coming down the pike, and I think that top 10 is going to look vastly different by year's end. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Big 10 Showing Up and Teh SEC
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 11:45:42 AM »
In checking the latest AP Top 25 Poll, a couple of things stand out.  Obviously, FUGA holds on the top spot, but dangity dang, this may be the year a Group of 5 team gets their shot at the brass, crystal ring, football shaped glass thingy.  Cincinnati sits at #2 with wins over Indiana and Notre Dame, in the shadow of Touchdown Jesus.

The Sooners of the University of Oklahoma come in at #3, with Bama at #4.  After that, the Big 10 does some representin' to round out the top 10.

5. the Ohio State University

6. Meat Chicken

7. Sandusky University

8. Oklahoma State

9. Michigan State University. (Undefeated at 7-0)

10. Oregon (They're just not that fast)

Big 10's Iowa comes in at #11.  Your Auburn Tigers check in at #19.

I still believe that Alabama and Fuck Georgia are the class (I use that word loosely) of the SEC and the nation.  I know this is up for debate, but I would give Bama the nod if/when those two played.  FUGA's D is definitely hard core, but their offense still doesn't do a lot for me.  I think Bama can play good enough D to hang with the Mutts, but it's on the offensive side where I believe they just plain have more weapons. We shall see, unless our Aubs snuff out those dreams in JHS.

Vandy, Mizzou and Sakerlina are the dregs of the conference.  Those are not good teams.  No way to sugar coat it.  My thoughts are that you can throw a blanket over the rest of the SEC.  I think on any given Saturday, Auburn, A&M, Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss and the rest of them, would be somewhere close to a pick em' for any match up between those clubs.  And a win by any of them wouldn't be a surprise at all.

We've got a lot of good shit coming down the pike, and I think that top 10 is going to look vastly different by year's end. 

This is why polls suck.  All you have to assess the Little Ten is those cluster pods playing each other. 

Michigan?  At 6? Come the fuck on.  They're essentially Arkansas/Miss State in this conference. 

Oh, hay, remember when Arkansas was like eighth and the hogs and hoggettes were booking playoff reservations? 

Oklahomo?  Come the fuck on.  How many times do we have to watch that team shit the bed in the playoffs before we stop handing them an invitation?  It's like Friday 13th Part 86.  We've seen that movie, we know what happens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Big 10 Showing Up and Teh SEC
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »
tOSU has quietly crept back up in the polls.  I think most kind of wrote them off after the Ducks flew into Columbus and beat them.  But, they will get their chance to prove where they belong with 3 of their remaining games being Penn State, Michigan State and Michigan. 

Oklahoma State is the biggest pretender in that bunch. Yes, they're undefeated, but they've squeaked by the likes of Missouri State, Tulsa and Boise St.  Their biggest margin of victory was a 31-20 win over Kansas State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."