Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scapegoat Chuckie and Other NFL Tidbits

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Scapegoat Chuckie and Other NFL Tidbits
« on: October 13, 2021, 02:29:15 PM »
If you even glance at the sports news lately, you know that John Gruden "resigned" from his post as head honcho of the Las Vegas Raiders.  How weird is it to say that?  Currently, there's an investigation ongoing into all kinds of BS that allegedly went on in the Washington Football Redskins Team organization.  Sexual misconduct, harassment, secretly filming cheerleaders getting undressed etc.  Hell, I take shower pics all the time and nobody is investigating me.  So, during the investigation, they uncover some emails that Gruden sent, albeit 10 years ago, to someone in the Redskins organization that'll getcha' farred in short order.

Nobody knows who leaked the emails to the press. but the NFL says that due to privacy reasons, none of the other 650,000 emails will be released or even talked about.  So let me get this straight.  You're investigating Washington for sexual misconduct, but the Raiders coach, who was an ESPN analyst at the time, gets run out of town, and you're not going to talk about any of the other 650,000 emails?  No cover up to see here.  No owner that Goodell might be protecting.  Move along. 

On the field, my Dirty Birds suck ass, as usual, at 2-3.  Tom Fucking Brady looks like he's 25.  Through 5 games, the man has thrown for 1,767 yards 15TD's and only 2 INT's.  He has a 108.5 QB Rating at 44 freakin' years old.  Love him or hate him, that's off the chizzain.

Patrick Mahomey and KC are skruggling. Picked to win it all by some, they're 2-3 and have a defense Bo Nix could throw on.  For you that love the bet, I had a can't miss tip for this past weekend for the KC/Buffalo game.  Heard some betting guru giving the stats on KC and how they were 1-7 against the spread their last 8 games.  Their D is putrid and Buffalo is on a roll.  He said take the Bills and the points.  They won by 18.

How bout' them Cowboys?  One close loss to Tampa.  Dak and the Boys have rolled in the rest.  They may be a playa again. 

Entertaining season so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Scapegoat Chuckie and Other NFL Tidbits
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:21:07 AM »
Again, don’t watch. Let them eat each other alive. Woke pro sports get nothing from me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 09:00:07 AM »
Again, don’t watch. Let them eat each other alive. Woke pro sports get nothing from me.

Again, no one cares. It’s thoughtful of you though to let everyone know for the 874th time by commenting on a thread about a sport you hate. We get it dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »
Just a quick overview from an article I read, of the content of Gruden's emails.  What's interesting is who was he sending these to, and what was their response?  Because you know there was some back and forth, or Gruden wouldn't have kept up the dialogue.  But the NFL is singling out Gruden?  Hmmm...

Among the findings, Gruden reportedly expressed his disapproval of the NFL's hiring of women as referees, drafting gay players and tolerating players who protested during the playing of the national anthem. He also criticized commissioner Roger Goodell for placing an emphasis on player safety, referring to him by an anti-LGBTQ slur and calling him a "clueless anti football p----."

Gruden also derided Goodell for, as he viewed it, pressuring then-Rams head coach Jeff Fisher into drafting "queers," a reference to the Rams selecting Michael Sam as the first publicly gay player in NFL draft history.

In June, Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib became the first active NFL player to declare he is gay.

According to the Times, Gruden also mocked Caitlyn Jenner following her transition, and also responded to a sexist meme of a female referee by saying, "Nice job Roger."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 01:55:58 PM »
I don’t disagree with any of what gruden says about goodell. I hate that guy. And even though he isn’t his boss nor was he - it’s close enough. And the old adage goes “you don’t call the boss out in front of the world and get away with that” - very much is what happened here. Mark davis sounded like he didn’t want to do it. But he makes a good point in saying that we’ve only seen grudens emails - let’s see the rest. Yeah. Me too. I wanna see everyone else’s. Let’s air out everyone’s dirty laundry. Not just 1 guy. This is gonna be what it takes to stop the insanity of cancel culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »
I don’t disagree with any of what gruden says about goodell. I hate that guy. And even though he isn’t his boss nor was he - it’s close enough. And the old adage goes “you don’t call the boss out in front of the world and get away with that” - very much is what happened here. Mark davis sounded like he didn’t want to do it. But he makes a good point in saying that we’ve only seen grudens emails - let’s see the rest. Yeah. Me too. I wanna see everyone else’s. Let’s air out everyone’s dirty laundry. Not just 1 guy. This is gonna be what it takes to stop the insanity of cancel culture.

The owners put Goodell in power.  They are, in a sense, his constituents.  I imagine there's an ass load of stuff in this investigation that would bury more than one owner, which of course, will never see the light of day.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 09:32:03 PM »
Again, no one cares. It’s thoughtful of you though to let everyone know for the 874th time by commenting on a thread about a sport you hate. We get it dude.

Kneel and capitulate.
I’ll keep stating my position. If you don’t like it, I’ll invite you the same as I do others…to kiss my big non kneeling ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 08:26:34 AM »
Kneel and capitulate.
I’ll keep stating my position. If you don’t like it, I’ll invite you the same as I do others…to kiss my big non kneeling ass!

You still fail to see the irony of your posting on topics you claim to care less about. Over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »
The Bucs won 28-22 last night over the Eaglits.  Brady was 34-42 with 2 TD and 1 INT, which came on a late first half bomb that he overthrew right before the half.

I don't care anything about Tampa, even though it looks like I may be gong to a home game in December.  But damn, Brady just amazes me.  Athletes at that level are so freaking huge, fast and strong, and this guy is at the absolute top of his game at 44 years old.  And even with those stats above, he was "off" last night.

I noticed the starting right guard for the Philadelphia Beagles, is Jack Driscoll.  He of the UMass transfer to Auburn fame.  Never would have thunk it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
You still fail to see the irony of your posting on topics you claim to care less about. Over and over.

I care less about pro sports. I love it when those woke bastards eat their own.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »
People please.  This back and forth is triggering my PTSD.  You "COULDN'T" care less.  Not could.  Could means that you actually have a level of caring about the subject matter.  Couldn't means, you don't give a shit about it.  There different.  So, don't make me come up their.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
People please.  This back and forth is triggering my PTSD.  You "COULDN'T" care less.  Not could.  Could means that you actually have a level of caring about the subject matter.  Couldn't means, you don't give a shit about it.  There different.  So, don't make me come up their.

Either are acceptable, although one is a truncated version of the entire phrase: I could care less, but I'd have to try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
Either are acceptable, although one is a truncated version of the entire phrase: I could care less, but I'd have to try.

Truncated?  God, I love it when you talk dirty to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 02:41:12 PM »
Truncated?  God, I love it when you talk dirty to me.

He uses his mouth putier than a twenty dollar whore
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2021, 06:17:05 PM »
Is this thread about the NFL?

Because fuck those guys.  I’m not watching it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »
Is this thread about the NFL?

Because fuck those guys.  I’m not watching it.

Of course we're not supposed to butt fuck these kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 05:08:59 PM »
Watched a good bit of the Bills/Titans game last night.  I don't care if the guy is a former Bammer or not, Derrick Henry did something amazing.  6'4" 250 and he took off on a 76 yard TD jaunt.  He was clocked at just a hair under 22 m.p.h.  Fastest in the NFL so far this year.  6'4" 250??? :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 02:54:37 PM »
More problems for the Chuckie-less Las Vegas Raiders.  More importantly, for former Bama WR, Henry Ruggs III, who was charged last night with DUI involving a death.  Initial reports are he ran his corvette into the rear of another vehicle, which caught on fire and burned up the occupant.  Don't know if the crash or the fire caused the death, but Ruggs was charged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2021, 04:05:06 PM »
Just saw a video right after Ruggs' wreck.  He's sitting in the road, and his dumbass girlfriend is yelling at the cops to get HIM some help, while just feet away, the 23 year old girl he killed is roasting in an inferno. Bad shit!

So A-A-Ron Rodgers is out this weekend with the Vid.  He's been getting skewered by the media, but he went on a radio talk show today and did some skewering of his own, saying how draconian the NFL's rules are on Covid protocol.  He said he's pro-vax, but he's actually allergic to some of its ingredients.  He also asked why he should have a mask on when he's being interviewed at the podium, when everybody else in the room has had the vaccine?  Doesn't the vaccine keep you from getting the Vids?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Saniflush,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 10:47:08 AM »
Bumpitty Bump

I know most of you don't follow the NFL, but if you follow sports at all, you had to see this bizarre move by Antonio Brown.  Tampa Bay was at New York (Jets). Brown comes out of the game, rips off his jersey and shoulder pads, throws his jersey up in the stands and walks off the field shirtless. 

Tampa Coach, Bruce Arians, simply said, "Antonio Brown is no longer a Buc."

Don't think I've ever seen that before.  He walked away from about a million in incentives with just a few more catches.
 Brown is a total head case that's been given every chance in the world.  Yes, because it's about money and he's a talented receiver.  But, I'd be shocked if his career isn't done.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions