Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Its not Nix, unless it is

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Its not Nix, unless it is
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2021, 01:01:01 PM »
Agree with the distinguished gentleman from the Wiregrass.

Also, for a little perspective: two losses to #1 (@ home) and #7 (away) isn't horrible.  In a coaching transition year, those aren't really the teams you're expecting to beat.

There are lots of problems.  Not denying that. 

I disagree that the offense is a joy to watch, though.  It makes me cringe.  Not because there's not a plan or that the plan is better (more structured) than it was before but because every time I see Nix take two steps back I know the motherfucker is about to spin, run, dodge, skip, hop, duck, and flail.  Whatever plan there is blows right the fuck up because he WILL. NOT. TAKE. A. STEP. FORWARD. 

On the few rare occasions when he's stepped up instead of pirouetting?  He's been able to hit receivers.  When he pivots and starts his backyard balling I just want to turn it off.  Sometime it works (LSU miracle) most of the time it's a disaster in motion.  I'm sick of it. 

Whatever you say about drops, etc?  Finley throws a catchable ball.  I don't think Bix always does.  Or maybe they just don't want to catch his. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »

I disagree that the offense is a joy to watch, though.

Who said that, Mr. Strawman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2021, 02:25:39 PM »
Agree with the distinguished gentleman from the Wiregrass.

Also, for a little perspective: two losses to #1 (@ home) and #7 (away) isn't horrible.  In a coaching transition year, those aren't really the teams you're expecting to beat.

Let's see where we are in about 5 weeks.  This shit could get REAL ugly.  I hope it doesn't but it absolutely could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 02:29:17 PM »

That was me.  I love watching something different.  A good mix of run to pass ratio.  Different pass patterns and incorporating the long MIA tight end into the offense.  We don't have the athletes to be any threat to the FUGA's and maybe even Bammers of the world right now.  But start an infusion of talent, and this offense could be pretty dang skippy.

Did anyone see us line up with Bo under center, Shenker come in as a fullback directly in front of Jarquez....and we ran a toss sweep for a first down. I had a tear.  A tear of joy, I tell ya'. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:36:50 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2021, 03:11:21 PM »
That was me.  I love watching something different.  A good mix of run to pass ratio.  Different pass patterns and incorporating the long MIA tight end into the offense.  We don't have the athletes to be any threat to the FUGA's and maybe even Bammers of the world right now.  But start an infusion of talent, and this offense could be pretty dang skippy.

Did anyone see us line up with Bo under center, Shenker come in as a fullback directly in front of Jarquez....and we ran a toss sweep for a first down. I had a tear.  A tear of joy, I tell ya'.

Ah.  Missed that you were enjoying what we're seeing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »
Let's see where we are in about 5 weeks.  This shit could get REAL ugly.  I hope it doesn't but it absolutely could.

Agreed.  We'll see what this staff...and the underclassmen...are made of soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2021, 03:37:04 PM »
Ah.  Missed that you were enjoying what we're seeing.

I think one of the most common things I heard from fans before the season, and you can count me in that group, is we just want to see something different.  Remember when your nephew was saying Brahms was ready to not hear Kirby calling out our plays from the sidelines as soon as we lined up? 

Oh hell, I was calling out our plays as soon as we lined up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »

It was kind of a quote. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 09:23:21 PM »
i didn't read half the shit above...

bo nix is a great d-2 qb #1 and a good d-1 fcs qb #1.  honestly,...not sure why he's at auburn...legacy? ...gus fucked us over?  ...we needed a civil war officer twitter account?  hell i don't know but i'll be glad when he's fucking gone. 

tj finely, finly, whatever...he's not the answer. 

OL  ...this is on GUS. 100 percent and we've been dealing with this for the last 3 years.  fuck gus. 

WR ...it's another GUS issue.  fuck gus.

it's going to be painful the next couple of seasons...whether or not Harsin makes it is a different conversation.  i like him.  he looks like a football coach not sure he can survive southern football especially the bbq plainsmen. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2021, 10:38:53 PM »
i didn't read half the shit above...

bo nix is a great d-2 qb #1 and a good d-1 fcs qb #1.  honestly,...not sure why he's at auburn...legacy? ...gus fucked us over?  ...we needed a civil war officer twitter account?  hell i don't know but i'll be glad when he's fucking gone. 

tj finely, finly, whatever...he's not the answer. 

OL  ...this is on GUS. 100 percent and we've been dealing with this for the last 3 years.  fuck gus. 

WR ...it's another GUS issue.  fuck gus.

it's going to be painful the next couple of seasons...whether or not Harsin makes it is a different conversation.  i like him.  he looks like a football coach not sure he can survive southern football especially the bbq plainsmen.

Bo was legit out of hs. He didn’t do the shit were seeing now. He thinks he has to hit a home run and win the game on every damn play. Why? That’s the million dollar question. But I watched him at pinson for a solid season and once in person at jhs in the 6a title game. This doesn’t even look like the same kid.

I’m afraid he may be the damaged goods we thought he was before the season. I think we all wanted to give him The benefit of the Doubt with a new staff coming in. But he’s possibly too far gone at this point. I think the kid is a gamer and wants to win. But….Gus. Kid should have went elsewhere.

5 star. Number 1 pro style qb in the country. Number 29 overall prospect. An offer from every major sec program (ga, Bama, fla) and many major non sec programs (Oklahoma, nd). Reread that. Pro Style. SMH.

Sorry but it takes a massive amount of screwing up to mess that kind of potential up. Thanks Gus. Thanks a lot you hash brown eating man boobed redneck goober.  Dude has to be the biggest snake oil selling fraud in cfb today.

Ucf lost to a winless navy team by the way. Their fanbase is already becoming divided by him.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:43:18 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Ogre,
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 10:00:08 AM »
Ucf lost to a winless navy team by the way. Their fanbase is already becoming divided by him.

Gave up a 17-point 4th quarter lead. 

To an option team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2021, 10:20:50 AM »

To an option team.

Look, they're having a good week of practice.  The future is bright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2021, 10:31:58 AM »
Look, they're having a good week of practice.  The future is bright.
Not sure we can say that yet.  Gotta go back and look at the film.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2021, 08:56:34 AM »

To an option team.

They had some guys out. He needs to get his own recruits in there. You’ll see.

I’ve seriously seen a ton of that on the ucf boards. While the other half of their base seem to already be in “ok auburn was right. Guy is a fraud” mode.

Navy. Central Florida’s 2nd should beat navy. I don’t care who was out. It’s still Florida. That’s a talent laden team compared to navy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE