Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FUGA WEEK

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
FUGA WEEK
« on: October 05, 2021, 12:00:32 PM »
Well, it's here.  Fuck Georgia Week is in full swing, with the mangy Mutts coming to Jordan Hare this Saturday for a 2:30 tilt on CBS.  My ample-sized ass will be on the Planez, with the Cajun Assassin in tow.  In getting straight to the point, my expectations with regard to a win, are extremely low.  My expectations on what version of Harvinz' Horde will show up, are much greater. More on that in a jiff.

Let's face it, FUGA is simply a much more talented team all around that our Tigers.  They've cheated, err, recruited out the ass for quite a few years now, and this club is loaded from top to bottom.  They may very well be the best team in the nation; however, I think Bama is more well-rounded.  As GH has noted on several occasions, FUGA doesn't fare nearly as well when they face a truly potent offense, as evidenced by the Bama and Florida games last season. That won't be the case this weekend.  Bobo's bunch ain't exactly the Kansas City Chiefs, although Bo Nix did his best Patrick Mahomey imitation this past weekend at Red Stick.

I hate FUGA.  I hate their fans and I hate that cesspool of an overrated college town they call Athens.  And they'll descend on Auburn Saturday like cock roaches on the remnants of a roast beef sammich left out overnight on the kitchen counter. But it's on the field that spikes my skress level.  I watched Arkansas self-implode with a myriad of mistakes, without an offense that has the weapons to get back in the game.  Then I watched 6'5" 360 pound, Jordan Davis, line up over the center and then promptly run down a hapless back trying a speed sweep around the left side. Davis was faster.  I don't envy Nick Brahms.  "The Oldest Rivalry in the South" stands at 61-56-8 in favor of the Dawgs, much of that lead in part due to Gus Malzahn's inability to recruit on FUGA's level, and putting in game plans that a 6th grader could pick apart.

As a result, Auburn has one win in the series since 2013, a 40-17 raping in 2017.  Otherwise, we've only scored as many as 14 points once in that span, which brings me to what I really want to see Saturday.  In Pat Dye's first year, Auburn faced a FUGA team that was far more talented and heavily favored.  Auburn didn't win, but I think I shared the same sentiment as most fans as I walked out of the stadium. Dye's bunch served notice that day, that they would naturally get after your ass.  And it was apparent that adding some talent to that roster would quickly make his program one that nobody wanted to tangle with.  That came true.

Bryin Harvinz comes off as a hard-nosed sumbitch, demanding max effort and requiring each player to have accountability in everything they do. That's how I see it from the outside looking in.  I want Kirby and his program to leave JHS knowing this bunch is just a recruiting season or two from challenging for the SEC crown.  I'm not ruling out a win, but I desperately just want to see something positive on the field Saturday, instead of the pathetic, no-chance garbage that Gus ran out there so many times. The stands will be filled with some of the biggest name recruits we've brought to campus in a long time.  I want them to see a program they want to be a part of, and one they feel like they can help take to Atlanta.

Pre-Dick-Shuns tomorrow.  As for today, Fuck Georgia.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: FUGA WEEK
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 12:44:34 PM »
Well said, counselor.

I, too, am not expecting a win here.  That said, I think we put up more of a fight than the Hogs.  It will take a perfect game, no doubt.  Ball control, forced turnovers and ST play will be at a premium.

I don't think the doggy offense is that spectacular and I feel much better about our defense after watching an LSU fan break down the game (https://youtu.be/SJoj3_Dn9Rc...long, but worth it) and note the on-the-fly adjusting that Mason and staff were doing.  Stacking DLs and LBs (in different combinations).

For as disappointed I as I have been with the interior DL, they dominated the LSU center/gs for most of that game.   So, I think we can limit the run game, forcing JT/Stetson to beat us with his arm.  They're both capable, but our DBs have been getting to play some press lately (with the success of the DL) and we might have an opportunity to bait the QB into some bad throws.

That leaves the crucial matchup: our O v mutt D.  Not gonna sugar coat it, it looks grim.  Unless you take the view that a complacent Bo got his shit straightened out with some time on the pine and the team is rallying around him.  Still not likely to be enough, but a determined, unified group of players can overcome a talent deficit with execution.  Heavy doses of Hunter/Shivers are crucial, but we can't get behind schedule on the down and distance.  We also can't completely surrender the LOS and abandon the run.  This will be a great gameplan test for...checks notes...ugh, Mike Bobo.  Godspeed, Tigers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 01:11:10 PM »
I like our chances in JHS, just saying. 

Plus yours truly is making the trip, I called Bryan and told him he better not disappoint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 01:11:50 PM »
Oh yeah Fuck UGA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 01:29:15 PM »
let me preface my "UGA D hasn't played many top tier offenses lately" talk with one stipulation - I am NOT saying we are that offense nor do I expect to win. Our O just isn't there yet. Its gonna take an O loaded mostly with Blue Chippers and a decent play caller to put ample points on the mutts. Because their talent on D is insane. Florida, Bama, LSU have all done it the last few years. But we aren't those teams right now. I expect a bit of a 24-13 kind of game if I am being realistic. A 3-7 point game in the 4th if were LUCKY. And if unlucky 35-10. We just don't have the Line to hold back their front 7. Harsin and Bobo and company are going to have to out scheme Kirby for any chance. Bo is going to have to be Manziel again. Were gonna have to use Fromm and Shenker and the committee of RBs, and side line to side line stuff to neutralize their talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »

Plus yours truly is making the trip

Goddamnit.

and side line to side line stuff to neutralize their talent.

Hard disagree.  That's what fucked Arky so bad: Kendall Briles running plays E/W and Nolan Smith just absolutely running everything down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 02:23:13 PM »
FUGA gave up 3 to Clemson.

7 to UAB

13 to Sakerlina

0 to Vandy

0 to Arkansas

That's an average of 4.6 ppg given up.  Clemson was, and maybe still is, horrible offensively. UAB, USCe and Vandy are just plain horrible.  Arkansas....I expected more from them against FUGA, but muffed punts, blocked punts for TD's, penalties etc. put them in too big a hole on the road and they never recovered. 

I'm not trying to rationalize and make myself feel better about facing their D, but I feel safe in saying we'll be the best O they've faced to date.  Is that saying a whole lot?  Not really.  But I do think there's still a bit of unknown about how good they really are.  We'll find out one way or another Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Godfather,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 02:38:07 PM »

7 to UAB

13 to Sakerlina

0 to Vandy

0 to Arkansas

That's an average of 4.6 ppg given up.  Clemson was, and maybe still is, horrible offensively. UAB, USCe and Vandy are just plain horrible.  Arkansas....I expected more from them against FUGA, but muffed punts, blocked punts for TD's, penalties etc. put them in too big a hole on the road and they never recovered. 

I'm not trying to rationalize and make myself feel better about facing their D, but I feel safe in saying we'll be the best O they've faced to date.  Is that saying a whole lot?  Not really.  But I do think there's still a bit of unknown about how good they really are.  We'll find out one way or another Saturday.

That's what I'm sayin!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 02:41:36 PM »
That's what I'm sayin!

I'm just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 02:58:35 PM »
Another "just sit back and watch" type of weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 02:58:48 PM »

7 to UAB

13 to Sakerlina

0 to Vandy

0 to Arkansas

Go look up what they are all ranked in PPG....go ahead.

Ive told you two of them already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 02:59:29 PM »
Goddamnit.

Hard disagree.  That's what fucked Arky so bad: Kendall Briles running plays E/W and Nolan Smith just absolutely running everything down.

let me rephrase....mixing that in some.....EW, slants, play action/rpo, all of it. keep them moving in every damn direction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »
Go look up what they are all ranked in PPG....go ahead.

Ive told you two of them already.

Well, I'm thinking my "just plain horrible" comment kind of covered that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 03:37:09 PM »
Well, I'm thinking my "just plain horrible" comment kind of covered that.

for all of our flaws, Auburn is ranked top 20 in both total O and total D. Were def their stiffest test yet, which is not saying much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 03:38:22 PM »
for all of our flaws, Auburn is ranked top 20 in both total O and total D. Were def their stiffest test yet, which is not saying much.

You said stiff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »
Fuck Georgia.  That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Godfather,bottomfeeder,
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 09:15:23 AM »
Fuck Georgia.  That is all.

You don't say much, frien.  But when you do. it's to the point and I salute you for it.

Fuck them dirty hairy dawgs!

Red shirts, sliver britches,
Go to hell, you sonsofbitches!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
AUJarhead,Snaggletiger,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 12:52:17 PM »
We looked pretty good, for the most part.

The WR corps and Nehemiah Pritchett can take it on the chin for this one.

Drops and burnt coverage abounding.

Another goddamned targeting call.

Fuck Georgia yesterday, today and tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »

Pro Football Focus credited Auburn with seven drops vs. Georgia, bringing the season total to an SEC-leading 23.

https://twitter.com/BennettDurando/status/1447252387606011920

This seems low.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions