Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:13:09 PM »
Gus was 0-12 against LSU, UGA and Bama in their houses.

Harsin is 1-0 thus far...and the Red Stick Curse is broken.

Bo does Bo things.  The defense tightened up after the first LSU drive.  FGs for the Faux Tigahs only after that.

Whither Tank?  Is he still injured?  Then rest him and let Hunter carry the load.

Kobe Hudson continues to be the Auburn Tiger most likely to give me a heart attack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 05:08:54 PM »
JH, I dub thee The Hungry Hunter!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 10:37:02 PM »
Nix is what he is.  Part of that package is a very athletic QB.  This win was on him and a defense that gained confidence with each passing drive.  BTW...Hunter is the best RB on the field.  Tank is good...real good.  But Hunter is #1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 08:27:53 AM »
Hunter’s big run was a play we pulled out against Penn State with great success. Seen Boise St run that same look for years with a bunched set to one side flowing opposite of the back’s direction like it’s a WR toss. Eventually, the flip side of that gets run and I expect it’ll get somebody later this season.

OL can road grade but still can’t pass block. I like previous administration, these dudes have realized that Nix in a moving pocket is a good thing and we should do it a lot.

Defense has some real teeth once they settle. DBs still struggle but Roger can lock down a dude if needed.

Can we stop asking Anders to kick it beyond 49? He can’t hit them. Let the Aussie pin someone deep.

Feel pretty good against the likes of Arkansas and the Mississippi teams. Georgia and Bama are a different level though I could see us giving the Tahd a 2009-esque scare.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 09:29:09 AM »
Glad to leave there with a win, but...

That's perhaps the most dysfunctional LSU team I've seen since the DiNardo years.  No identity. No discipline. They have ONE play -- throw it out the Bootie.  That's it. 

What concerns me most is that we were in the fourth quarter trailing a team that had -- at that time -- less than five yards rushing.  They finished with eleven -- ELEVEN --yards on 20+ carries.  Their defense is fairly decent I suppose, but if you've limited a team to single digits running the ball you really should be up by two or three TDs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
bottomfeeder,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 09:35:07 AM »
Not sure how this defense went from looking like swiss cheese for 10 quarters to almost becoming a shutdown D for the next 2, but it was a refreshing change.

Bo can make good things happen...but Bo can also make bad things happen.  Get ready for the roller coaster ride, folks.  I suspect Finley will get a series here and there just to keep his mind right and to give Bo a breather, but what I saw from him on Saturday night, was not a leader.  He was just staring into space every time the camera panned to him.  Maybe that's something he will grow into, but I just don't see it right now.

Great win overall, but I also take it with a grain or 12 of salt.  LSU is not very good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
  I suspect Finley will get a series here and there just to keep his mind right and to give Bo a breather, but what I saw from him on Saturday night, was not a leader.  He was just staring into space every time the camera panned to him.  Maybe that's something he will grow into, but I just don't see it right now.

And the other side of that coin is that Bo seems to have fully embraced his role and quieted any dissension in the ranks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »
OL can road grade but still can’t pass block. 

Can we stop asking Anders to kick it beyond 49? He can’t hit them. Let the Aussie pin someone deep.

Again, what makes people think this OL can push anyone around?

As for Anders, the missed FG was on the snap and hold. At that distance a good snap and hold is imperative. The snap and hold was inside. That caused the kick to be pushed.  The other failed long one was blocked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 12:20:27 PM »
I think we need to pull Bo every game because he came out like a different QB after that.  I'll take this season for what it is a fucked year, Gus left us in a lot worse shape than folks realize. 

That being said Red Stick aint easy to play in and I'll take the W to end that cursed 21 year streak!!!

Hoping our crowd can at least give us a chance against FUGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
Again, what makes people think this OL can push anyone around?

As for Anders, the missed FG was on the snap and hold. At that distance a good snap and hold is imperative. The snap and hold was inside. That caused the kick to be pushed.  The other failed long one was blocked.

12th nationally rushing yards per game. 3rd in conf. 2nd nationally in yards per rush at almost 6.90 per.

That’s solid knowing penn state and lsu have very talented front 7s.

Pass protection? Yeah not so good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 04:56:10 PM »
12th nationally rushing yards per game. 3rd in conf. 2nd nationally in yards per rush at almost 6.90 per.

That’s solid knowing penn state and lsu have very talented front 7s.

Pass protection? Yeah not so good.
Take away the first two games and you'll see the true numbers. I know it all averages out, but its been a tough go on the ground against decent defenses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »
Take away the first two games and you'll see the true numbers. I know it all averages out, but its been a tough go on the ground against decent defenses.

You can play the ifs all day. Every team can. Stat padding happens with everyone. That’s why it’s a wash statistically with every major team.

I’d love to have some ifs back. Trust me.

Ifffff Hudson could catch a ball we win that game easily. If Hudson doesn’t fumble the first play of second half the psu game is different. Uga has stat padded every game this year. But….vaunted d. They’re no doubt talented. But ark and clemson are 70th and 108th respectively in points per game nationally.

Auburn ol is performing admirable for their talent level. As good as we could expect. Their pff grades aren’t horrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2021, 07:52:34 PM »
Found this gem on FB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 10:05:25 AM »
Found this gem on FB.

Thanks, McFly.

Did you happen to let your mom crush on you a bit while you were in '99?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Godfather,
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »
Thanks, McFly.

Did you happen to let your mom crush on you a bit while you were in '99?

no McFly ever amounted to anything in Hill Valley
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
wesfau2,
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter