Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Brahms The Man

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Brahms The Man
« on: September 23, 2021, 04:29:12 PM »
This piece is a few days old, but I couldn't post it with the X under a remodeling project. I've known two guys that battled ALS, one succumbed rather quickly, while the other fought it for the better part of a decade.  It ain't pretty.  Anyway, nice article.

Support for Deal’s father continues to grow
Michaela Chilcoat
AuburnSports.com intern
AUBURN | The rally for one Auburn teammate is far from over.

At the beginning of this year, Auburn tight end Luke Deal found out that his father, Chris Deal, was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, more commonly known as ALS. This disease progressively affects the nervous system, ultimately weakening muscles and altering physical function.

In hopes to show support, Nick Brahms, Deal’s teammate, started a GoFundMe page last week. As of Tuesday, over $60K has been raised for Deal and his family. The overall goal is to raise over $300K so that they can purchase a van and remodel their home.

Deal expressed how it felt to receive comfort and encouragement from not only his teammates, but the entire community.

“In times like this you don’t often get too many people to do what Nick’s done. Just being there for me and spreading the word like he has and the love and support I’ve felt from his family, from my teammates and my family has felt from the entire Auburn community, it’s been so unreal,” said Deal.

Even though Deal did not know much about the fundraiser, he and his entire family are extremely grateful.

“I didn’t really have much of an idea,” Deal stated. “He told me right before he set it up just to make sure I was ok with it. It just completely shocked me. I was like, ‘Oh sure, that would be something that would be pretty cool.’ Obviously the effects of it have been incredible. My family’s shocked. I’m shocked. To have somebody like Nick and all the rest of my teammates who are helping spread awareness and comfort me during this time has been incredible.”

Click HERE to donate to Chris Deal’s GoFundMe page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

Re: Brahms The Man
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 04:59:47 PM »
the remodel teh suxxor
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
GH2001,chityeah,
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,chityeah,
Members reacted like:
GH2001,chityeah,
Members reacted dislike:
GH2001,chityeah,

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 05:31:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
chityeah,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 05:36:41 PM »
You know, if you guys would send your dues in on time, GF wouldn't have to shut dis bitch down.  Freeloadin' mofo's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Godfather,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."