Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Previewing The Panthers

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Previewing The Panthers
« on: September 23, 2021, 04:16:18 PM »
Don't know why, other than I'm bored and glad the X is back up for all 5 of us.  I knew Akron and State would be cake walks, but I was somewhat worried about Georgia State coming off what we all figured would be an emotional, physical game against Penn State.  I had seen parts of their games over the last couple of years, and this program from the Sun Belt looked like they had some athletes.  They also knocked off Tennessee at the start of the 2019 season, so I assumed this would be a little stiffer test than our first two opponents.

Ummm....yeeeeaahh.......NO!

Jawja State, who play their home games in the old Turner Field in the ATL, are 1-2.  So far, the season has gone:

Army 43-10 L

North Carolina 59-17 L

Charlotte  20-7 W

They're averaging 11.3 points per game.  They rush for 171 yards per game and pass for 119 yards per game. So, they're not good.

This is a game that means exactly nada, other than a chance to develop some depth.  We may sleep walk through the first quarter and half, like we did against ASU, but my hope is that it's 35-0 by half and we turn it over to TJ Finley & Co. to finish it up.  A trip to Baton Rude looms next week, and that game does mean something. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Previewing The Panthers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 05:30:44 PM »
Don't know why, other than I'm bored and glad the X is back up for all 5 of us.  I knew Akron and State would be cake walks, but I was somewhat worried about Georgia State coming off what we all figured would be an emotional, physical game against Penn State.  I had seen parts of their games over the last couple of years, and this program from the Sun Belt looked like they had some athletes.  They also knocked off Tennessee at the start of the 2019 season, so I assumed this would be a little stiffer test than our first two opponents.

Jawja State, who play their home games in the old Turner Field in the ATL, are 1-2.  So far, the season has gone:

Army 43-10 L

North Carolina 59-17 L

Charlotte  20-7 W

They're averaging 11.3 points per game.  They rush for 171 yards per game and pass for 119 yards per game. So, they're not good.

This is a game that means exactly nada, other than a chance to develop some depth.  We may sleep walk through the first quarter and half, like we did against ASU, but my hope is that it's 35-0 by half and we turn it over to TJ Finley & Co. to finish it up.  A trip to Baton Rude looms next week, and that game does mean something.

If Nix's shoulder was as hurt as it looked on TV, Finley should perhaps be given the keys for this game to see what he can do.

GS's coach seems like a first class dickhole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Previewing The Panthers
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 12:35:41 AM »

Army 43-10 L

North Carolina 59-17 L

Charlotte  20-7 W

Well, you got one thing right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.