Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Deux

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Deux
« on: September 08, 2021, 10:44:29 AM »
After the 5 day marathon of college football, chocked full of great matchups, and Corch Brian Harzys making his Auburn debut, this weekend's slate is like a bad hangover.  The marquee matchup for week B, has the Ducks migrating to Columbus, Ohio to take on the Nuts of Ohio State.  Otherwise, probably the biggest game of interest, to me anyway, has Texas going to Arkansas.  Hard to find much else to like.

Pitt Panthers @ Tennessee Vols: Both teams coming off easy wins against Cupcake U and Twinkie State.  The Cats trounced hapless UMass 51-7, while the Fighting Cheetos beat Bowling Green 38-6.  Despite the score, Pitt struggled offensively for a lot of the game, but their D is really good, and continued to make stops and give the ball back to veteran QB, Kenny Pickett. I know exactly squat about the Vols after the coaching change and massive transfer numbers.  As Wes mentioned earlier, I like Pitt’s D to be the difference in this one. 

Pitt:  27

UT:  17

Oregon @ THE Ohio State:  The Ducks had to hang on to beat Fresno State 31-24.  They have a senior QB who made his first start in that game.  The Buckeyes had a back and forth with Minnesota, before they sealed it at the end, winning by 14.  That may have been the best game of the week.  The D may not be up to snuff, but one thing OSU showed in that game is they can strike quickly. Oregon may be without the services of All American defensive end, Kayvon Tipeetoes, because of an ankle sprain.  Either way, he won’t be at 100%.  I like the Buckeyes her in front of 105,000.

Ohio State:  38

Oregon 21

Texas @ Arkansas:  Interesting storyline, simply because Texas just announced their move to the SEC, and they face an SEC team almost right out of the gate.  But that’s about as interesting as this game gets.  These two programs have played about 300 times in the past.  For Arky, admittedly, they played hard for Sam Pittman and probably would have been a little better record-wise last year with a couple of breaks, including against Auburn.  I think Flippee Franks meant so much more to that team last year than people realize, and he gone.  Replacement, KJ Jefferson, was unimpressive in their win Saturday, going 12-21 128 1/1.  Granted, he had several drops, but he’s no Bo Nix.  Alls I knows about Texas is they had a pretty good test in their opener against Rajin Cajuns, and passed with flying colors.  They have a stud running back in Bijan Robinson, and I have to think they just have more overall talent than the Hogs.

Texas:  35

Arky:  24

NC State @ Mississippi State:  The Bulldogs struggled mightily against some Bullpups.  The Wolfpack handled that business against South Florida 45-0.  I like the Pack.

NC State:  42

MSU: 30

Alabama State @ Auburn:  Look for more of the same

Auburn 56

The Sting:  7

Mercer @ Alabama:  Mercy

Alabama:  63

Mercer:  0

Feel free to opine, talk amongst yourselves, add more games but generally, go fuck yourselves.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week Deux
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 11:26:33 AM »
Agree with all your picks...but I think Texas wins BIG in that game.  Arky is bad.  So, so bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 11:55:58 AM »
Agree with all your picks...but I think Texas wins BIG in that game.  Arky is bad.  So, so bad.
As you and I were talking about Saturday, there may be the proverbial "trap game" this weekend for Penn State.  I'm not as convinced after seeing Ball State have a bit of a tussle against Western Illinois.  (31-21)  However, it has all the elements of a trap game with Penn State hosting an opponent that there's no way you can truly get up for sandwiched in between Wisconsin and Auburn.

Ball State won the MAC and is currently on an 8 game win streak.  They returned almost everyone from last year's roster and I read the starters have over 400 combined starts between them.

Penn State should have lost this past weekend, but found a way to stop two late Badger scoring drives.  Do I think Ball State will win?  Realistically, no.  First game in over a year, playing in front of 100K fans should be enough to pump up the Pedo Boys.  But don't be surprised if......  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 12:48:17 PM »
Pitt vs Tenn - AKA "The Johnny Majors Bowl"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »
As you and I were talking about Saturday, there may be the proverbial "trap game" this weekend for Penn State.  I'm not as convinced after seeing Ball State have a bit of a tussle against Western Illinois.  (31-21)  However, it has all the elements of a trap game with Penn State hosting an opponent that there's no way you can truly get up for sandwiched in between Wisconsin and Auburn.

Ball State won the MAC and is currently on an 8 game win streak.  They returned almost everyone from last year's roster and I read the starters have over 400 combined starts between them.

Penn State should have lost this past weekend, but found a way to stop two late Badger scoring drives.  Do I think Ball State will win?  Realistically, no.  First game in over a year, playing in front of 100K fans should be enough to pump up the Pedo Boys.  But don't be surprised if...... 
I say, I say, boy...what in the FUCK are you talking about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 02:38:07 PM »
I say, I say, boy...what in the FUCK are you talking about?
Testicle U???  You don't recall our walk, hand in hand, to the game?  I believe that Modelo/Bulleit chaser went skrate to your head.

Nice, I say nice boy.  But about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 02:45:55 PM »
Testicle U???  You don't recall our walk, hand in hand, to the game?  I believe that Modelo/Bulleit chaser went skrate to your head.

Nice, I say nice boy.  But about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
I totally recall that.

Just saying, that your non sequitur was...well...a hard left turn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 03:15:21 PM »
there's a great top 10 match up between iowa and iowa state.  go cyclones.

washington @ michigan should be another quality game to watch. go huskies.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 03:17:51 PM »
I totally recall that.

Just saying, that your non sequitur was...well...a hard left turn.
I have trouble focusing sometimes and hey, you want to play tennis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 03:22:43 PM »

Forgot about the Iowa v. State game.  Go Clones.

I'll be pulling for Washington, but the shine kind of wore off of that one after Montana took the Huskies down.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 06:09:32 PM »

no one can ever win at Iowa state. So I heard around 2009. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 07:39:06 PM »
So, you're just going to keep on doing this without the taint being called?  This place has forgot the format.  Ugh!

Clones
Meeechigan
Tuscaloosa
Auburn
Pitt
Nutt eyes
Wolf Pack
Cows with big horns 

Scores, meh, who cares.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

bgreene

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 08:19:15 AM »
So, you're just going to keep on doing this without the taint being called?  This place has forgot the format.  Ugh!

Clones
Meeechigan
Tuscaloosa
Auburn
Pitt
Nutt eyes
Wolf Pack
Cows with big horns

Scores, meh, who cares. 
I like your style
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Pre-richard-Shuns Week Deux
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »
So, you're just going to keep on doing this without the taint being called?  This place has forgot the format.  Ugh!

Clones
Meeechigan
Tuscaloosa
Auburn
Pitt
Nutt eyes
Wolf Pack
Cows with big horns

Scores, meh, who cares. 
I don't understand a thing you just said
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 02:58:59 PM »
I don't understand a thing you just said
Excuse me, stewardess, I speak jive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 08:38:12 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 08:53:34 AM »
Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »
Texas was bad. Really bad.

So was notre dame. And Ohio state. And Aggie. And Florida state. And USC. what does this all mean?  

Preseason shit is exactly that - shit. Rankings are useless until a month in. We need to quit doing them. They cause damage via preconceived notions they create. Look at all the ranked teams shitting the bed against bad teams just the first two weeks. Gross. 

Auburn. Jawja. Florida. Bammer. All handing biz against chumps.

Harvinz boys come out sluggish for the first 15 mins. Come out of the half on fire scoring 42 points in the next 1.5 quarters. Happy valley here we come.

Arkansas and ole miss have good coaches now. They scare me a little. They’re both confident and scrappy. Something they haven’t been in a long while. Florida is gonna be quietly solid while all the attention is on FUGA.

Kentucky and mizzou looked like retards in a pillow fight. Tennessee looked ok for a half. Which has been their MO against better teams the last 2-3 years.

As far as auburn goes - no one on our schedule really scares me but bammer. FUGA AS usual will get in our heads. They are super talented. Lsu is hot garbage. Not worried about them. So is MSU. AGGIE looks avg again. But the Rebs and Hogs are the two we need not overlook.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:40:21 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
Texas was bad. Really bad.

So was notre dame. And Ohio state. And Aggie. And Florida state. And USC. what does this all mean? 

Preseason shit is exactly that - shit. Rankings are useless until a month in. We need to quit doing them. They cause damage via preconceived notions they create. Look at all the ranked teams shitting the bed against bad teams just the first two weeks. Gross.

Auburn. Jawja. Florida. Bammer. All handing biz against chumps.

Harvinz boys come out sluggish for the first 15 mins. Come out of the half on fire scoring 42 points in the next 1.5 quarters. Happy valley here we come.

Arkansas and ole miss have good coaches now. They scare me a little. They’re both confident and scrappy. Something they haven’t been in a long while. Florida is gonna be quietly solid while all the attention is on FUGA.

Kentucky and mizzou looked like retards in a pillow fight. Tennessee looked ok for a half. Which has been their MO against better teams the last 2-3 years.

As far as auburn goes - no one on our schedule really scares me but bammer. FUGA AS usual will get in our heads. They are super talented. Lsu is hot garbage. Not worried about them. So is MSU. AGGIE looks avg again. But the Rebs and Hogs are the two we need not overlook.
I saw a few highlights and pieces of games.  

Notre Dame is in the top ten.  They should be in the bottom ten. Overrated as usual. 

LSU?  They have the bodies. What I saw from them, though, is an inability to get any production out of the offensive line.  The running game -- against McNeeds Technical State College -- was a non-factor.   Only two rushes for longer than three yards the entire first half.  Finished with 136 total rushing yards, half of that coming on three meaningless plays.  The McNeeses were able to consistently get pressure on the LSU QB.  That kind of shit won't play later in the season.  Defense is okay, but routinely blows assignments. McNoose didn't have the offensive weapons to take advantage.  

FSU?  That was a program-defining loss. You don't give up a 60-yard scoring pass to Jax State on the final play.  

Texas is still shitty, but Arkansas has gotten better. 
A&M remains a dumpster fire.   
I heard Dumbo Fisher talking about how A&M is "the kind of program that gets everybody's A-Game" in explaining their erectile dysfunction against a mediocre Colorado.  Are they?  Are they really?  
As late as Thursday of last week, ESPN's expert staff had the Foghorns and Saggies slated for a showdown in the Sugar Bowl.  They also had Notre Dame pegged for the Chick Fil A bowl.  As bad as the Golden have looked, the only bowl they should be getting from Chick Fil A will have mac and cheese in it.  

Does anybody even watch Alabama any more?  I don't know why if they do.  Numbingly boring. 

AU looks more.... businesslike.  Haven't faced any kind of challenge really, but the methodical approach and organization seems vastly different.  

I also heard the ESPN (there are so many of them) crew go ahead and crown UA and UGA as co-champions.  Nobody else close.  Within minutes I also heard these same people debate whether LSU or A&M was the clear number two.  So yeah, they don't know or see shit.  Just go with whatever pre-conceived notion was floating around out there. Speaking of, during part of the LSU game I watched I was treated to the vocal ramblings of Charles "Buck" Arbuckle.  As color commentator, he felt compelled to weigh in on every single play, usually still rambling about some off-base or off-topic shit well into the next play.  It dawned on me listening to him babble that these clowns really don't know shit.  They're just talking to fill the silence.  

Case in point #1:  On a McNeese fumble, Arbunkle went into a long-winded sermon about the defense "bringing them thunder hands (or some inane term I can't remember)" and how a running back just couldn't hold on to a ball when a player put them thunder hands in there on that ball.  Replay?  It was a bad exchange, kid dropped the ball before even being touched.  Arblumple was so busy chuckling over the thunder hands he didn't even notice. 
Case in point #2:  LSU running play.  Ardumpling effusively praised the center who just got his hands in there and turned the lineman to create a gap, back planted his foot and made that cut right into the hole. On replay, the center missed his guy and pushed him in the back toward the ball carrier, who made no cut whatsoever, but ran straight forward without regard for any hole or gap.  In fact, the center very nearly blew up the play by shoving the lineman -- who had blown past him -- right into the lane.  

So I started paying attention for a while to that and other games.  It was shocking how often those blabbing idiots were either completely wrong about what they were yapping about or were layering ridiculous levels of hyperbole on the most mundane actions. 

"Bliz Fludarpen had seen that look before so when Chez Mazurka rolled left, Fludarpen swiveled his hips and kept his eyes glued to Mazurka's facemask. That allowed him to maintain his position out there in no-man's land and get his hands in the air when Mazurka's wristband flashed in front of his ear hole. You know Mazurka wished he had that one back, because it just grazed Fludarpen's fingernails enough to change the trajectory. That caused the ball to land in the hands of Eluvium Quentarious-Jones who had his head on a swivel back there on an island against the Weaselpack's top receiver who'd run a pumper dumper 15 yards out when Mazurka was probably expecting a dig and cut at the ten yard mark." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
See, we can agree on some things.

The announcers are dumb as shit on the whole and add nothing to the viewing experience.  Superfluous like foreplay between bammer siblings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions