Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Long, But What Else Have You Got To Do?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Long, But What Else Have You Got To Do?
« on: August 27, 2021, 03:52:12 PM »
Wash your ass?  Oh, well okay.

Just 8 days away from toe meeting leather, or more like the inside of the foot keeking the football deep.  I’ve read the preseason mags, listened to Gene Chizik, Chris Doering, Roman Harper, Cole Cubelic and a host of other analysts, break down Auburn and other SEC clubs, ad nauseum.  Here’s some general thoughts and half-hearted predictions.  In the East:

Fuck Georgia:  Not a surprise that the consensus is they will be the class of the division and some think they’ll finally break through for a Natty.  No doubt they’ve been buying…err, recruiting top 5 rated classes for years now and are on par with anybody in the country.  Last year’s game with Auburn really highlighted the disparity in talent, especially in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  The opener with Clemson will be the key to the rest of the season; however, doesn’t FUGA always lose to somebody they have no business losing to?  I say the trend continues and they extend their 40 year drought. Fuck Georgia!!!

Florida: Mullen is a really good coach when he’s not running his mouth, being a smart ass, or trying to instigate an all-out brawl on the field.  They got FUGA last year, but don’t expect that to happen again.  You don’t lose that much talent at key positions and maintain the same level of play…..unless your name is Bama.

The rest of the East is the same, old trash.  UK, Sakerlina, UT, and Vandy have no chance.  Some of the experts see Missouri making some noise and maybe pushing for 2nd place.

As for the West:

Bama: You have to give them the nod.  New QB, new RB, totally retooled O-line, new group of receivers.  It never seems to matter.  They just roll in a fresh group of 5 stars and never miss a beat.  Why should this year be any different?

TA&M: Every analyst seems to think this is easily Jimbo’s most talented bunch.  They return a ton from a stacked D, and bring back one of the more talented running backs in the conference in Isiah Spiller.  I was never impressed with Kellen Mond’s 8 years there.  Replacing him shouldn’t be a huge problem. If they do, I think they’re pretty much a lock to finish right behind Bama in the West.  But until they show me they’re not Bama’s bitch every time the face off, that’s all they’ll ever be.

The rest here are in no particular order.

LSU:  I may be out in left field, but I’m just not getting all the love for this program.  I think they come in #13 in the preseason rankings and all the analysts talk about them like they will be the break out team in the league.  Based on what?  They sucked huge, hairy balls last year.  Gave up 40+ on numerous occasions, including to bad Auburn and Miss. State clubs.  Their projected starting QB is gone for the season.  Their back up is at Auburn.  They cleaned house with the coordinators and brought in a DC who has never been one before.  Ed Orgeron is their coach and the athletic program is under intense scrutiny for a wide variety of bullshit and accusations.  And Auburn has questions???

Ole Miss:  I also have seen the Rebels getting a lot of love, based mainly on an offense run by what many feel is the best QB in the league in Matt Corral.  Plus, Joey Freshwater is calling the shots.  But most have also pointed out how bad that D is.  Expect a butt-load of 45-42 contests this season. 

Miss. State:  Pfffft. Make some noise occasionally with The Pirate running the show.  But they were God awful last year and I can’t see them making significant improvements this year.  Their “tough” OOC game this year is NC State. They’ll win a few games but again, be a total non-factor.

Arky: Whatever.  Scrappy bunch who play hard for Pittman.  But there’s not enough talent there and I think Flippee Franks had way more of an impact than people gave him credit for.

Auburn:  Yep, Auburn has questions.  Apparently too many for any of the analysts and experts to have anything more than lukewarm expectations this year.  I’ll say again what I said in another thread….or on the phone with somebody.  Maybe it was in a lengthy text message. Possibly, I got stoned and these thoughts occurred to me.  Anyhow, I get it.  If I were on the outside looking in, I wouldn’t have much in the way of expectations either. Suckage on the O-line.  All new pass catchers.  Wildly inconsistent QB.  Mostly new and unproven D-line.  Why would anyone expect us to do work?  Well, becaaaauuuuse….

O-line: This group has a year under their belts playing against the best competition in America. They’ve been going through a killer strength and conditioning program.  They’ve got totally new coaching with a totally new approach.  Have to be better.

Pass Catchers: Regardless of their lack of experience, save the FUGA transfer, these were all highly rated, talented guys.  Kodi Burns is not coaching them and they’ll actually be running routes inside the numbers.  Plus, the tight end WILL be used, and used often.

Bo: The guy is talented and athletic.  We’ve long harped on Malzahn’s ruination of numerous highly rated QB’s.  So, shouldn’t we expect to see what this guy is really capable of instead of working in an offensive scheme that taught him to make one read and bail? I do.

Defense:  Derek Mason.  That’s the first thing.  Second, from our linebackers throughout the secondary, I truly believe these guys are reeeeaally good.  It’s in the trenches where the destiny of this D lies.  Colby Wooden and Zykevious  Walker are back and both about 20 pounds heavier after going through the S&C program.  335 pound UAB transfer, Tony Fair, 314 pound Marquis Burks and 321 pound stud freshman, Lee Hunter, should hold down the interior.  If we can get Derick Hall to get off his Takeo Spikes lookin’ ass and bring the pain off the edge, we may be pretty damn skippy overall.

Corching:  Finally, something new.  Everything you read or hear says Harsin is a no-nonsense, disciplined, focused mofo.  Sorry for the comparisons, but his demeanor looks like a combination of Urbinz Meyers and Lord Saybinz to me. Finally, something besides a run up the middle on every single first down and every pass route run outside the hash marks.  Will we light up the scoreboard with 40 a game?  No!  But every coach we face won’t have us completely figured out before we step foot on the field.  Just something different for a change.

Yep, plenty of questions.  And we may be a year or two away.  Probably are.  But I like the direction we appear to be taking, and for this season, we have the luxury of having a couple of games to get our collective shit together.

Oh, and Fuck Georgia!!! 

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:53:58 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Long, But What Else Have You Got To Do?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 04:28:44 PM »
I read the first word of this and thought that you must be posting something about my dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 04:53:57 PM »
I read the first word of this and thought that you must be posting something about my dick.
My reference to you was washing your ass.  Nurra please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 05:40:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
I think Mullen takes the East.  He's a fuckstain of a human being, but he's 10x the coach that Kirby is.  Wouldn't surprise me to see UGA tailspin after a Clemson beatdown and end up 3rd in the East....behind KYJelly.

As to the West:

I'm a contrarian.  Every year, the demise of the $aban empire is predicted, and every year he roars back.  This year, despite his most egregious (in the aggregate) losses from the roster, everyone thinks he rolls.  I think they stumble...three times.

A&M is and will be 8-9 wins and a cloud of popcorn fart.

LSU is going to be worse than MSU...which is going to be hard to do.

Joey Freshwater will land his crew 2nd in the West behind...

YOUR AUBURN TIGERS.

Fuck it.  I'm in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 10:35:26 AM »
I think Mullen takes the East.  He's a fuckstain of a human being, but he's 10x the coach that Kirby is.  Wouldn't surprise me to see UGA tailspin after a Clemson beatdown and end up 3rd in the East....behind KYJelly.

As to the West:

I'm a contrarian.  Every year, the demise of the $aban empire is predicted, and every year he roars back.  This year, despite his most egregious (in the aggregate) losses from the roster, everyone thinks he rolls.  I think they stumble...three times.

YOUR AUBURN TIGERS.

Fuck it.  I'm in.
Hey, pass a little of that over here.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »

As to the West:

YOUR AUBURN TIGERS.

Fuck it.  I'm in.
That part up there at the top about Mullen and smart. That. All of it. I wanna hump that part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 12:17:59 AM »
Florida wins the EAST.   they'll beat UGA. and most of the EAST.  noticed most.  they'll fuck it up with a loss to Missouri or South Carolina.  Gators west rotation isn't an easy one...LSU and Bama.  Outside of a so-so F$U team the balance of the OCG teh sux.

it's going to come down to 3 teams in the WEST:  bama, aTm and some lucky bastard.  Nix won't make it past week 4.  

war damn eagle.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:46 PM »

As to the West:

YOUR AUBURN TIGERS.

Fuck it.  I'm in.
Remember, he’s a Biden supporter. Do not get excited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »
I think Mullen takes the East.  He's a fudgestain of a human being, but he's 10x the coach that Kirby is.  Wouldn't surprise me to see UGA tailspin after a Clemson beatdown and end up 3rd in the East....behind KYJelly.

As to the West:

YOUR AUBURN TIGERS.

fudge it.  I'm in.
I'll have what he's having!  War Fucking Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 11:25:54 PM »
That motherfucker still won’t answer Joseph Goodman’s vaccination questions. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.