Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher High School Talk Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher High School Talk Here
« on: August 24, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
I hit a high school game this past Friday.  I didn't know about it until someone told me a couple of days before that the high school season was about top crank up.  What the.....?  It was the 20th of August.  The question is, what in the wide, wide, world of sports are games starting in the middle of August for?  It was 94 degrees that day.  Thankfully, there were some storms that blew through about 5:00 p.m. and cooled things down enough to make attendance bearable.

The teams weren't significant.  5A Rehobeth vs. 3A Providence Christian. It was the fact that the pads were popping, bands were playing, people were cheering and I got a horrible cheeseburger from the concession stands.  Football was back.  

I watched until the 4th quarter when the game was getting out of hand, so I could get home in time for the Friday Night Highlights starting at 10:00. I was doing a happy.

After the highlights show, I flipped over and found a game from the left coast.  Miami Central was playing a school called St. John Boscoe.  Never heard of them, but apparently, they've been a pretty big deal in recent years. Plus, they were bitch slapping MC, who I watched handle Hoover a couple of years back. On a side note, being the heights and weights guy I am, I've noticed Max Preps has picked up it's game.  I was thinking these are some pretty big dudes, so I pulled up their rosters on Max Preps.  There was only one guy on Miami Central's O-line under 300 pounds, which was the center.  I couldn't find anyone under 300 on St. John.  

Anyway, high school football is back in full swing, and we've got some college kicking off this weekend.  Anybody catch a game?  Wiregrass, I know you did.  Details man, details.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Putcher High School Talk Here
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:39:53 PM »
We normally have a lower classification school or two do very well in winning, or going far in the playoffs.  But for the most part, the level of talent in the Wiregrass has been average to suck for quite a while now.  One player that I will definitely go see this year is Emmanuel Henderson of Geneva County.  He's a 5* running back according to 247 and committed last year to Bama.

Eben though he's a 5*, it's an odd get for the Tahd.  He's 6'1" 185, which doesn't fit the mold for them.  Plus, Geneva County is a 2A school.  The kid must have something really special (Like a new Dodge Charger).  I've seen him on the highlights for a couple of years, but those who have seen him play in person say that doesn't do him justice. He had offers from just about err'body. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
We normally have a lower classification school or two do very well in winning, or going far in the playoffs.  But for the most part, the level of talent in the Wiregrass has been average to suck for quite a while now.  One player that I will definitely go see this year is Emmanuel Henderson of Geneva County.  He's a 5* running back according to 247 and committed last year to Bama.

Eben though he's a 5*, it's an odd get for the Tahd.  He's 6'1" 185, which doesn't fit the mold for them.  Plus, Geneva County is a 2A school.  The kid must have something really special (Like a new Dodge Charger).  I've seen him on the highlights for a couple of years, but those who have seen him play in person say that doesn't do him justice. He had offers from just about err'body.
Or he was willing to start early on the erformancepay hancingenhay rugsdays
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 03:04:38 PM »
Or he was willing to start early on the erformancepay hancingenhay rugsdays
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »
Eufaula visits here friday night. Might have to go watch baby nix and pops. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »
Eufaula visits here friday night. Might have to go watch baby nix and pops.
Faula handled Carroll of Ozark pretty easy this past Friday.  I’ve got a buddy whose son plays for Eufaula.  He says they are pretty solid this year, so it may be a fairly competitive game.  What are the Devils like this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 02:27:44 PM »
Faula handled Carroll of Ozark pretty easy this past Friday.  I’ve got a buddy whose son plays for Eufaula.  He says they are pretty solid this year, so it may be a fairly competitive game.  What are the Devils like this year?
I heard that they look evil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 02:45:45 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 03:07:51 PM »
Gotta support the team
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 03:28:57 PM »
Gotta support the team
You going to any Hugh-It Trustville games?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »
You going to any Hugh-It Trustville games?
Most definitely in Septembre
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 05:31:26 PM »
Just checking to see what games I might want to check out. Pulled up Dothan's schedule, and it's not really friendly to a program that sucks.  Friday is Park Crossing, then Enterprise, Auburn and Prattville. Later they get Central and finish with McGill-Toolen.  Well, the good thing is a lot of those teams will have Power 5 prospects I can go watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 08:17:06 PM »
Faula handled Carroll of Ozark pretty easy this past Friday.  I’ve got a buddy whose son plays for Eufaula.  He says they are pretty solid this year, so it may be a fairly competitive game.  What are the Devils like this year?
Good as usual. How good? Dunno. We know Pat nix is a good coach and baby nix can sling it but politics exist here which is why dubose left. And sadly much of it is racial. Of course it’s racial. Sigh….there is a powerful group on the outside who bitch loudly if every starter isn’t black. Especially at the qb position. Doesn’t matter who the best at every position is. And that is always gonna hold a program back when have that kind of dysfunctional dynamic.

You’ve really got 5 probably equally good teams in 7a and then there is the big drop off to 6-10. Would shock me if the 7a champ didn’t come from that group of 5: Thompson, hewitt, central pc, alllbarn and Hoover 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:21:33 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
6A Pike Road out of Montgomery played perennial powerhouse, McGill-Toolen, this past Friday night.  I'ma paste what I just copied, then I'ma let it sink in.  BTW, Auburn is hot after the Quinshon Junkins fella who didn't play.

When Quinshon Junkins comes back, it’s really not going to be fair.

Even without one of the state’s top-rated running backs, who missed the game with a minor leg injury, the Pike Road Patriots came on the road and beat McGill-Toolen 76-51 on Friday night.

The star of the game and perhaps the star for the entire state was quarterback Iverson Hooks. The senior rushed 16 times for 307 yards, including touchdowns of 66, 85, 86, 1 and 4 yards. He also completed 5-of-6 passes for 219 yards, including touchdowns of 58, 76 and 55 yards.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »
6A Pike Road out of Montgomery played perennial powerhouse, McGill-Toolen, this past Friday night.  I'ma paste what I just copied, then I'ma let it sink in.  BTW, Auburn is hot after the Quinshon Junkins fella who didn't play.

When Quinshon Junkins comes back, it’s really not going to be fair.

Even without one of the state’s top-rated running backs, who missed the game with a minor leg injury, the Pike Road Patriots came on the road and beat McGill-Toolen 76-51 on Friday night.

The star of the game and perhaps the star for the entire state was quarterback Iverson Hooks. The senior rushed 16 times for 307 yards, including touchdowns of 66, 85, 86, 1 and 4 yards. He also completed 5-of-6 passes for 219 yards, including touchdowns of 58, 76 and 55 yards.
McGill aint far removed from 3 final 4's in a row in 7A.....and they give up 76??? in football??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »
McGill aint far removed from 3 final 4's in a row in 7A.....and they give up 76??? in football??
They scored 51 themselves.  Jeez Louise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2021, 10:41:09 AM »
Last night, I hit a 7A match up between Dothan and Park Crossing.  I left with 7:00 to go in the 2nd quarter.  Two of the worst teams I’ve ever seen.  There was a grand total of ONE first down between the two.  There were maybe 75 kids in the student section.  More total people at the 3A game I went to last week.  Total apathy.  I was more excited about turning on the Weather Channel and watching Jim Cantore in a rain slicker standing in 3 feet of water than that steamy pile of possum shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
Last night, I hit a 7A match up between Dothan and Park Crossing.  I left with 7:00 to go in the 2nd quarter.  Two of the worst teams I’ve ever seen.  There was a grand total of ONE first down between the two.  There were maybe 75 kids in the student section.  More total people at the 3A game I went to last week.  Total apathy.  I was more excited about turning on the Weather Channel and watching Jim Cantore in a rain slicker standing in 3 feet of water than that steamy pile of possum shit.
You should have cruised up to the PHS vs. SEHS game!
PHS is back baby!

September 17 you can watch PHS and Dothan dook it out at Rip Hewes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 02:44:54 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.