Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scambags

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Scambags
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:23:43 PM »
Or scumbags...either way.  I had a former client come in this morning, who wanted me to take a look at a letter and "See if we can get some money."  The guy is 93.  He hands me this letter and it took about 3 seconds to recognize it was a scam.  It said a computer had randomly picked out his name and address from a pool of 40,000 people and he was entitled to $4.5 million. Golly gee, how great is that.  It had these official looking stamps all over it.  "Government approved"  "Certified as valid".  I started cracking up reading it.

You have chosen to as the winner of the special lottery for a unique recipient of the winnings.....

Ultimately, at the bottom of the letter was the kicker, asking him to provide his banking info so they could wire the money from Madrid, Spain to his account.  I told the guy, "You've got two choices here, take it to the District Attorney's office to report this scam, or throw it in the trash.  I suggest you do both."  I explained to him what was going on and they were just trying to drain his bank account.  Okay, here's the problem.

His response was, "The phone number on this letter has 14 numbers and my phone won't let me connect with them."

Mr. Smith, do NOT call these people.  Do NOT respond.

"What if I opened up another account with only a hundred or so in it?  You think if I gave them that...."

Mr. Smith, listen to me.  This is a scam.  Do NOT respond to it.  Throw this in the trash.

"I got the same letter last year, but I let the time expire for me to respond."

Mr. Smith, THIS IS A SCAM.  THEY ARE TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF.  DO NOT RESPOND!!!!!

"So you don't think we can get any money out of them?"

Folks, there are some sorry, sorry, soooorrrry ass people in this world.  And there are so many vulnerable people as well.  Don't know if I told you what happened to my dad a few weeks ago.  Scammers are now copying voices of friends and loved ones, and calling you to rip you off.  Good thing he had sense enough to see through it.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Scambags
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 01:43:43 PM »
So what you're saying is you sent them your bank numbers so you could get the money instead of him?
Scumbag!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:12:34 PM »
So what you're saying is you sent them your bank numbers so you could get the money instead of him?
Scumbag!
When I collect that cool $4.5 large, you can call me anything you want.  Scumbag....Edna...Douche Canoe....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 03:14:20 PM »
it was a no win for the gentleman...either he was getting screwed by a scammer or his lawyer.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 03:43:59 PM »
it was a no win for the gentleman...either he was getting screwed by a scammer or his lawyer. 
You said scammer twice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 03:57:13 PM »
You said scammer twice
He likes scammers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 03:59:49 PM »
You said scammer twice  
Speaking of saying it twice, I couldn't go back to sleep about 4 this morning after a wicked pissah.  I got up and turned on the tube just in time for the start of the uncut Blazing Saddles.

Are we black?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 10:20:32 PM »
Speaking of saying it twice, I couldn't go back to sleep about 4 this morning after a wicked pissah.  I got up and turned on the tube just in time for the start of the uncut Blazing Saddles.

Are we black?
Not sure. Are you gonna get it in the neck?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 06:21:14 AM »

Are we black?
You ain't no Waco Kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 09:33:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2021, 11:12:57 AM »
Yea but I shoot with this hand.
We'd like to present this laurel and hearty handshake to our new.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »
He said the sheriff is near!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2021, 11:27:33 AM »
He said the sheriff is near!
No fragnabbit, I said the Sheriff is a BOOOOOONNNNNG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
Up yours, nagger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 09:34:32 AM »
Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 01:38:42 PM »
Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
You said rape twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 09:48:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 10:08:11 AM »
Oh booooyyys, lookie what I got here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »
For 4.5 Million I could afford to come back to a game, tickets and everything.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'