Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We're Number 1...01...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
We're Number 1...01...
« on: August 10, 2021, 04:27:54 PM »
Not surprising, but here's where we are:

“When you start to understand why and what teams are trying to do and the different ways to go up there and win in those situations — I think it gives you a lot more confidence and enjoyment in the game,” Harsin said. “We are teaching that right now. That's part of what these guys in these installs and everything are doing. It's kind of Football 101. Alright, here's the looks. Here's how we are going to go out there and execute this play against it. When they do this, we do that, and so on and so forth."

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-101-Shedrick-Jackson-Bryan-Harsin-Bo-Nix-168963196/

Completely convinced I could've beat Gus at some NCAA video game action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: We're Number 1...01...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 05:19:45 PM »
Its exactly why I'm not holding too much against any of these kids for how they've looked the last 2 seasons....yes, especially Bo Nix. Gus could coach a wet dream into a dry one. I saw Bo in HS and at his 6A CG at JHS in 2018 on a cold evening - he looked nothing like how he looked after Gus has his hooks in him for about a year. How many 4 and 5 star QBs had to be ruined to realize that perhaps it's not the QBs who are at fault - as awful as they looked. Luckily Bo was perhaps spared as the last one at Auburn to be tanked by Mr Waffle House Man Boob Goober. We will know soon enough....I just hope he's not too far gone at this point to be rescued by Harsin/Bobo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 06:32:32 PM »
Kid's a baller.  Records broken this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:44:03 PM »
I’d like to agree good sir, but I’m gonna go Missouri on him and the team for right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 01:09:40 AM »
It will be a pivot for sure. Which way? Not sure. i’d love to see a breakout season. It’s time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 07:50:51 AM »
I wanna see new guy get a shot.  And I don’t mean the Fauxci vax. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 04:54:41 PM »
Mo practice reporting.  Only thing of note, really:

During another period, quarterbacks ran skeleton passing drills with the running backs, receivers and tight ends. We saw post routes, corner routes, short routes to the outside from the running backs, as well as intermediate passes over the middle to the tight ends.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/08/observations-from-auburns-10th-practice-of-preseason.html

Is that legal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 04:59:03 PM »
TEs getting in on it.

the tight end group has spent designated periods working closely with Auburn’s quarterbacks, running routes and catching passes on short and intermediate routes, sometimes out of two-tight end sets in skeleton drills.

Over the last eight seasons, when Gus Malzahn was head coach, Auburn only had one tight end produce a season with at least 10 receptions — C.J. Uzomah, who had 11 catches each in 2013 and 2014...During Harsin’s seven seasons at the helm for the Broncos, the program had multiple tight ends each season with double-digit receptions. Four players at the position caught at least 20 passes in a season, with three of those recording at least 30 receptions in a single season

They’ve also worked on pass protection against blitzes off the edge, as well as spent time working out of I-formation sets — another concept introduced under the new staff.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/08/auburn-tight-ends-eager-to-prove-themselves-with-expanded-role-in-new-offense.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »

During another period, quarterbacks ran skeleton passing drills with the running backs, receivers and tight ends. We saw post routes, corner routes, short routes to the outside from the running backs, as well as intermediate passes over the middle to the tight ends.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/08/observations-from-auburns-10th-practice-of-preseason.html

Is that legal?
NCAA will be snooping around shortly
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 12:39:13 AM »

During another period, quarterbacks ran skeleton passing drills with the running backs, receivers and tight ends a sasquatch. We saw post routes, corner routes, short routes to the outside from the running backs, as well as intermediate passes over the middle to the tight ends sasquatch.

Is that legal?

fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 09:29:06 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.