Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Super Conferences

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Super Conferences
« on: July 30, 2021, 12:08:57 PM »
The Chief, formerly of Tigers X fame, was posting on the book faces yesterday about the talk of a true super conference and breaking away from the NCAA.  Not just the additions of Texas and OU, but bringing on the Ohio States, Michigans, Clemsons etc. of the world and having our own party.  Again, I'm back up on my porch, shaking my fist and yelling, "Get the hell off my lawn." I don't want any part of it.  Stop F'ing with the game.

Let's say this super conference was formed.

This super conference was formed.

Very nice.

First, you can go ahead and shut down a percentage of the "Group of 5" programs, whose very existence depends on those big checks they get several times a year from playing Power 5 schools.  Second, how could you do it logistically?  Let's take the new look SEC for example. Think about when Florida plays Oklahoma.  It's 18 hours from Gainesville to Norman.  How many fans can realistically make that trip?  But wait, what about when the women's golf team has a match against the Sooners?  You gonna' spend the money to fly them out there for a match?  Load em' up on a bus and make that drive? What about the swimming and tennis teams?  Now bring Michigan and Wisconsin into the equation.

I'm not a fan of Texas and OU coming, because it's just the start of the ruination of college football.  Ruination I tell ya'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Super Conferences
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:01:26 AM »
Only AU takes the bus….
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 08:44:27 AM »
Only AU takes the bus….
Not any longer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 08:43:11 AM »
Not any longer
We're riding with The General now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg