Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Different Interview

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Different Interview
« on: July 28, 2021, 09:41:04 AM »
Cornelius Williams is the wide receivers corch at Auburn.  That name may be as familiar, or unfamiliar as the names of our actual wide receivers this year.  Anyway, he was the speaker at an Auburn Club meeting at our church recently.  This is second hand info because I did not attend.  A good, and reliable, friend told me about his talk last night, and one of the things I found interesting was how he wound up at Auburn. 

He was coaching receivers at Troy for several years before coming to AU.  I know Troy and Boise State played last year, so maybe Co Harvinger liked what he saw.  But after Harvinz was hired, Williams gets a call that they want to interview him the next day.  He said he gets his suit on and heads to The Planes.  He meets with Harbin for almost an hour and a half.  Then Harvard tells him they are going down to get him into some gear. Cornelius be like.....WTF???

They get him outfitted in some coaching gear, go out on the practice field, and Harsinz tells him, "I'm an incoming freshman wide receiver, and it's my first day of practice. Take me through some drills."  He said all the other coaches hired at that time were out there and they spent almost two hours on the practice field running drills and talking strategy.

Maybe I missed the memo, but I've never heard of that before at any level.  Don't know why exactly, but it makes me like Co Harzinz even more.  Plus, Williams said Boise was extremely strong and disciplined.  I like that even better. 

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:43:00 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: A Different Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
My wiener is hard.  Need to go get on a zoom call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 09:51:27 AM »
My wiener is hard.  Need to go get on a zoom call.
Mr. Toobin???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »
All I got from that story is that you are a Godless church skipper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »
All I got from that story is that you are a Godless church skipper.
Shut the hell up.  Wait, I mean Christ be with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2021, 01:31:55 AM »
Now we got our own can. Can of Corn…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.