Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

6 additions?

bgreene

6 additions?
« on: July 28, 2021, 01:39:04 PM »
Let me just go ahead and say it.  I don't know how trustworthy anyone article is, or source of the article, that uses a picture of Holland for any reason other than sucking the balls of a mule.

Ranking the top 6 rumored SEC additions

Being an Auburn football fan has never been more exciting. The SEC has plans to expand and become a truly national brand with talks of nabbing the two most recent southern teams to win a title not already in the conference (Clemson, Florida State), and initiating a true coup d’état in poaching Ohio State and Michigan from the Big Ten.
That means even more revenue for the Plains, which is a top-eight revenue-producing college football haven in the United States. Auburn football has the chance to expand its audience by pulling fans in from the north who will now have more exposure to Saturdays in the south.
While the addition of three recent national champions and a sleeping giant who boasts one of the top basketball programs–on top of Big 12 defects Texas and Oklahoma already being officially on the move–seems daunting, it will ultimately be great for the sport and (especially) the SEC.
With that in mind, we figured FWE would break down who we are most excited about adding to college football’s premier conference:

#6 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Michigan
Michigan hasn’t won a national championship since 1997, and is currently losing a lot of believers as the Jim Harbaugh era continues to bear not fruit.
They are most certainly a historically relevant franchise, but matchups against the Tigers don’t seem like they’ll be that frequent given the 800+ mile difference between Ann Arbor and Auburn.

#5 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Florida State
Florida State has not had a winning season since 2016, and isn’t expected to turn it around in the immediate future. Their basketball program tends to have close but no cigar showings, and of course, they are the reason Gus Malzahn’s head coaching resume on the Plains doesn’t include a national championship.
Forgive us for not being terribly excited about the Seminoles making the ACC-SEC jump if these wild rumors materialize.

#4 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Oklahoma
Like the ‘Noles, the Sooners are a team that has tormented Tiger fans in recent memory. It was Baker Mayfield, Joe Mixon and OU’s offense that put up five scores on the Tigers in the 2017 Sugar Bowl in Atlanta.
AU’s winless record against the Sooners in the Sugar Bowl is not why we aren’t the most bullish on Oklahoma’s addition to the SEC. It’s more so their lack of success in reason postseasons against LSU, Alabama, and Georgia.

#3 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Texas
Austin, Texas is a college football goldmine, and they could well end up being worthy SEC West foes for Auburn like the Texas A&M Aggies have become in recent years.
The Longhorns are a staple of college football, and passionate Tiger crowds would delight in throwing up the “horns down” hands at Texas players after an Auburn touchdown or UT blunder. Given the lack of recent history between the two teams, it’d be fun to reignite a rivalry between the burnt orange and the orange and blue.

#2 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Ohio State
When it comes to powerhouse college football brands, it gets really hard to top a school that goes by THE Ohio State University. The Buckeyes have been the one team from the north to win a title since the dawn of the College Football Playoff era, and are one of a handful of teams to claim multiple National Championships since the turn of the century.
Their dominance is certainly SEC worthy, but their loss to Alabama in the most recent National Championship game dulls the shine of the excitement of their potential SEC foray. Columbus, Ohio also isn’t exactly close to East Central Alabama.

#1 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Clemson
When it comes to teams that will have a direct impact on the schedule for Auburn football, look no further than the Clemson Tigers. Just two states away in South Carolina, the Tigers to the east are recent national champions that just produced the #1 pick in the NFL Draft (Trevor Lawrence).
More relevantly, they have also played Auburn times since the 2010 season, including a home-and-home in 2016-17.
Clemson belongs in the SEC considering all of the wars they’ve had with Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn in the past decade.

https://flywareagle.com/2021/07/25/auburn-football-ranking-sec-additions/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 6 additions?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:09:37 PM »
:bar:

To Jake!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »
#2 team we’re most excited about joining Auburn football in the SEC: Ohio State

Ohio State does realize that there are no directional colleges in the SEC and no teams names end in MAC or some other small school name. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
Stolet from another board...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."