Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Cat Weekend

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Big Cat Weekend
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 07:19:07 AM »
That's some unmitigated fuckery.
Although the move by Greene to go rogue with harsin and telling the ptb to go f themselves was something to admire - he’s done a lot of other things outside of that hire that would be consider amateur hour. Hes done a lot of digging his own hole while there and much of it has to do with budgeting and accounts receivable. Hes made a few missteps for sure. For all his faults, money was rarely an issue with Jacobs there. Now we’re cash poor by our standards and covid just made it worse. 

Greene needed more exp at a bigger school because it does appear he is in over his head. And when the going got rough, he wants to bail. The ptb are tough to deal with but he knew that going in and a lot of this has nothing to do with them really. The one thing he does better than Jacobs is hire quality coaches (against ptb) …. But he may very well do everything else worse. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 07:22:16 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2021, 07:34:37 AM »
Not to diverge too too much off the thread topic but to add to the Greene stuff above - David marsh could have been hired this spring. He wanted total control and a decent staff to be paid well. Greene balked at this trying to cut pennies. He didn’t need to though. That was his choice. Instead he went uber uber cheap with the new coach who is younger than 95% of the posters on here and was a swimmer in the mid 2000s at auburn. He’s prob gonna be a good coach one day. But when David marsh is practically begging to come back and rebuild his program and also install his heir apparent while coaching? You find the money. You pay the guy. You give the guy the total saban-esque control he’s asking for. You DONT go cheap. You DONT feel like your ego is threatened and make decisions off that. Marsh is the swimming version of saban. He’s a pure asshole. A pure egomaniac. And a winner. Greene clashed with him from what I’ve read from folks more plugged in than myself. 

Greene has a notorious reputation for turning a blind eye and ignoring most sports not called football or basketball, and it shows.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 07:36:57 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »
Not to diverge too too much off the thread topic but to add to the Greene stuff above - David marsh could have been hired this spring. He wanted total control and a decent staff to be paid well. Greene balked at this trying to cut pennies. He didn’t need to though. That was his choice. Instead he went uber uber cheap with the new coach who is younger than 95% of the posters on here and was a swimmer in the mid 2000s at auburn. He’s prob gonna be a good coach one day. But when David marsh is practically begging to come back and rebuild his program and also install his heir apparent while coaching? You find the money. You pay the guy. You give the guy the total saban-esque control he’s asking for. You DONT go cheap. You DONT feel like your ego is threatened and make decisions off that. Marsh is the swimming version of saban. He’s a pure asshole. A pure egomaniac. And a winner. Greene clashed with him from what I’ve read from folks more plugged in than myself.

Greene has a notorious reputation for turning a blind eye and ignoring most sports not called football or basketball, and it shows.
News to me, of course.

That is a pretty poor decision.  Like Jeremy Foley insisting that Spurrier interview for the job on the second go-round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 09:54:03 PM »
Looks like the micro-management toothpaste is out of the tube at this point.

My question is: suppose Harsin blows the doors off of everyone's expectations...a playoff run (even with no title)...does Greene get the '04 Tuberville treatment (as opposed to the Dec. '03 treatment)?
We’ve still got the man in the yellow hat trying to figure out some way to hire Houston Nutt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2021, 07:25:49 AM »
We’ve still got the man in the yellow hat trying to figure out some way to hire Houston Nutt.
If it don’t have the yella tag, believe me - you don’t want it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »
News to me, of course.

That is a pretty poor decision.  Like Jeremy Foley insisting that Spurrier interview for the job on the second go-round.
He has this same blueprint at his previous employer. Don’t get me wrong it’s not all on him. But a good chunk of it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2021, 08:59:25 AM »
Have heard the same rumors re Greene being in over his head and maybe having a chip on his shoulder, as if he’s some kind of Billy bad ass. Apparently, just because he has an e on the end of his name. 

What kind of freak puts an e on Green.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2021, 10:01:31 AM »
Have heard the same rumors re Greene being in over his head and maybe having a chip on his shoulder, as if he’s some kind of Billy bad ass. Apparently, just because he has an e on the end of his name.

What kind of freak puts an e on Green.
I know, right?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
I know, right?

What we can determine from this is, if someone puts an e on the end of green and spells it incorrectly, then they are either A. On steroids or B. Dark skinned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com