Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Cat Weekend

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Big Cat Weekend
« on: July 13, 2021, 04:29:06 PM »
Is back.

I don't know that I've ever seen a coach revive a prior staff's "branded" events.

If it pays dividends, then I'm bout it bout it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Big Cat Weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 04:47:36 PM »
Is back.

I don't know that I've ever seen a coach revive a prior staff's "branded" events.

If it pays dividends, then I'm bout it bout it.
Wasn't it Chiz that coined it anyway?  I know he started the limo tour, which was squashed by the SEC office in favor of Saban's helicopter tours.  I thought he started up the Big Cat after that?  Maybe I am old and forget things.  You kids get off my lawn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 04:53:37 PM »
I thought Big Cat transferred to The Central University of Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 05:00:56 PM »
copy/pasta from Fly War Eagle

Many experts and fans wondered if Bryan Harsin would continue the tradition that was started by Gene Chizik in 2009: Big Cat Weekend on the Plains. Many schools have tried to mimic Auburn Football, but there are only a few programs who could match the excitement and hype that Big Cat Weekend generated through the 2010’s for AU.
Keith Niebuhr from Auburn Undercover announced that a source told him that the 2021 edition of Big Cat Weekend will be held on July 25th, which is much later than the usual Memorial Day weekend celebration on the Plains.

The source also hinted that this Big Cat weekend could be a bit more lowkey than previous years:
“This will be more of a chill vibe barbecue type deal.”
In the past Big Cat Weekend has led to major progress in relationship building and silent verbal commitments. Kerryon Johnson, Jeff Holland, Chandler Cox, Jamien Sherwood, and many more impact Auburn football players have went through Big Cat Weekend. Gus Malzahn told Jeff Shearer that over 80% of the team in 2017 was on campus for Big Cat Weekend on the Plains.
This announcement comes at a perfect time for the Tigers and could be a power move to generate more interest on the recruiting trail. The Tigers currently have six commitments for the 2022 class, but only rank #71 overall and still rank last in the SEC in the 247Sports rankings.
This upcoming Big Cat Weekend could play an integral part in finding a way to increase commitments and build relationships into 2023 and 2024 so the Tigers will not experience another slow start to the recruiting cycle.
Invites and announcements are expected to come soon, but many experts expect the top targets from this recruiting cycle, the 2023 and 2024 recruiting cycle to all receive invites to Big Cat Weekend.
Auburn football could really use some extra momentum headed into the fall on the recruiting trail and Bryan Harsin may have just found the exact recipe to cook up something special on the trail. Stay tuned for more information right here on Fly War Eagle!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 09:22:13 PM »
“Have went”.  For fuck’s fucking sake.  

I bet he been done seen some gooduns too.  

Should not be allowed to continue.  Want to cancel people? Cancel illiterate pucker holes like that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 09:46:09 PM »
“Have went”.  For fuck’s fucking sake. 

I bet he been done seen some gooduns too. 

Should not be allowed to continue.  Want to cancel people? Cancel illiterate pucker holes like that. 
Why do it give you such pleasure to correct him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 09:53:39 PM »
Why do it give you such pleasure to correct him?
Because he have went to read it and it weren’t good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 10:19:38 PM »
Because he have went to read it and it weren’t good.
I read what he have said.  I just wonder why it do give him such pleasure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 10:54:06 PM »
I read what he have said.  I just wonder why it do give him such pleasure.
I seen what y’all done did there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 08:13:12 AM »
I read what he have said.  I just wonder why it do give him such pleasure.
He hate me.

Seriously, though. Sounds like the PTB that didn't want Harsin are getting their hooks in early and often. With Allen Greene receiving the micromanagement procedure and word that he's on the way out, Harsin isn't gonna have a lot of friends in the room. We may be back in the 70s again. All because...

He hate me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:16:09 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 10:15:24 AM »
He hate me.

Seriously, though. Sounds like the PTB that didn't want Harsin are getting their hooks in early and often. With Allen Greene receiving the micromanagement procedure and word that he's on the way out, Harsin isn't gonna have a lot of friends in the room. We may be back in the 70s again. All because...

He hate me.

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary: Come again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary: Come again?
Per Jay G. and others, Gen. Burgess was put over there by Pres. Gogue II to oversee budgets and "straighten things out" after a myriad of complaints. Apparently, Greene got it in his own head that he had to go cheap on everything when there's no such directive from above him. It's resulted in a lot of ruffled fur. So, Gogue (who is also hoping they speed up the president search) puts his hatchet man over there to micromanage Greene. This, of course, totally undermines Greene authority and he's looking to bail before they throw him overboard anyway. Prediction from those in the know is by January at the latest, he gone.

TL;DR - JABA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »
Per Jay G. and others, Gen. Burgess was put over there by Pres. Gogue II to oversee budgets and "straighten things out" after a myriad of complaints. Apparently, Greene got it in his own head that he had to go cheap on everything when there's no such directive from above him. It's resulted in a lot of ruffled fur. So, Gogue (who is also hoping they speed up the president search) puts his hatchet man over there to micromanage Greene. This, of course, totally undermines Greene authority and he's looking to bail before they throw him overboard anyway. Prediction from those in the know is by January at the latest, he gone.

TL;DR - JABA
That's some unmitigated fuckery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
If that is in fact going on, wouldn't just a simple sit down with Greene, telling him how things should be done work a little better than all that BS?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 12:03:52 PM »
If that is in fact going on, wouldn't just a simple sit down with Greene, telling him how things should be done work a little better than all that BS? 

Looks like the micro-management toothpaste is out of the tube at this point.

My question is: suppose Harsin blows the doors off of everyone's expectations...a playoff run (even with no title)...does Greene get the '04 Tuberville treatment (as opposed to the Dec. '03 treatment)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
Looks like the micro-management toothpaste is out of the tube at this point.

My question is: suppose Harsin blows the doors off of everyone's expectations...a playoff run (even with no title)...does Greene get the '04 Tuberville treatment (as opposed to the Dec. '03 treatment)?
I don't believe, based on what I've heard and read, that the success of the football program this year will move the dial either way for Greene. The pressure is coming from all the other sports who believe they are being shorted for no viable reasons. Burgess was put over there to calm everyone down and make Allen Greene so miserable a)he leaves on his own; or b)Burgess finds something the Pres can use to fire him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 02:24:20 PM »
I can get on board with putting a lot more emphasis on the other sports.  Let's face it, the Equestrian team has been the only consistent program on campus for a long time.  And most people don't even consider that a sport.  Kind of like, "Oh hey, Auburn kicks ass catching the bass."

Otherwise, you can throw out the odd year or two where a program makes a run, and realize that we're about as average an overall athletic program as there is in the conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
I can get on board with putting a lot more emphasis on the other sports.  Let's face it, the Equestrian team has been the only consistent program on campus for a long time.  And most people don't even consider that a sport.  Kind of like, "Oh hey, Auburn kicks ass catching the bass."

Otherwise, you can throw out the odd year or two where a program makes a run, and realize that we're about as average an overall athletic program as there is in the conference.

Yeah, I don't think that's an unfair request.  I hate that they're breathing down the man's neck to get there, though.  Feels...pretextual.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »
No need to worry...we fixed the glitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2021, 01:34:32 AM »
When your football team spends hours in a bus while their rivals fly to the same game…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.