I'm No Hero

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: I'm No Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
Back to the topic.

It's  hard to say how any of us would respond in that situation. Don't beat yourself up.
He's a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2021, 11:29:32 AM »
About 25 years ago I was going to Virginia.   There was an RV in front of me and I watched the back axle collapse out from under it.  It rolled four or five times, all kinds of things flying out of the windows, bounced down a ravine and ended up face down.  It was sitting there smoking and steaming.  Shit all over the Interstate. 

I stopped.  Another guy stopped. Young black dude. Everybody else just kept going.  We got to the RV.  There was a guy laying on the ground next to it. Looked like he'd come through the windshield.  The back screen door popped open and an old lady who was bleeding all over her face and arms started trying to crawl out.  We pulled her out and then he went down into the RV and started handing kids up to me.  I just kept sitting them on the side of the hill.  Four or five in all.  The guy on the ground staggered away and crawled up the hill.  Turned out it was grandparents and their grandkids.  They counted the kids and confirmed they were all there. About the time we got them all out, the propane range inside it started burning. The thing caught quickly.  

I shook hands with the black guy, we got in our respective cars and left. Didn't even wait on the cops.  My now ex-wife screamed at me for being stupid and "getting involved."  She didn't talk to me for about 200 miles.  Blessings.  

Would I do the same thing now?  Probably not.  Would I have done it then if the RV was already on fire?  I don't think so.  I'd like to think I would, but my hunch is that if I came across the same situation today, I'd stand there with my cell phone, take some pics and call 911.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2021, 01:33:53 PM »

Would I do the same thing now?  Probably not.  Would I have done it then if the RV was already on fire?  I don't think so.  I'd like to think I would, but my hunch is that if I came across the same situation today, I'd stand there with my cell phone, take some pics and call 911. 
That’s still a lot more than just hollering at the victim to get out of the car like a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2021, 04:18:27 PM »
That’s still a lot more than just hollering at the victim to get out of the car like a pussy.
and this guy knows pussy's he has one on his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 04:26:55 PM »
Back to the topic.

It's  hard to say how any of us would respond in that situation. Don't beat yourself up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2021, 06:47:02 PM »
and this guy knows pussy's he has one on his head.
This is a fact. And it’s a big one for certain. But I can’t take credit for it being anywhere near the size of the aforementioned pussy.

That one is really in a class by himself as far as “how much” of a pussy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 09:41:37 PM »
Its. A new day. If you failed, the amateur videographers would blame it on you. I’m sick of this new society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.