Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm No Hero

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I'm No Hero
« on: June 25, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »
It's been a ritual for years for me to drive the 8-9 miles to the Florida line each week to pick up the winning lottery tix.  I feel good that my numbers are about to hit.  Yesterday, I hit the Discount Lotto & Liquor Store and just as I crossed the State line, it came a gulley washer.  A toad strangler. It was raining hard.

I pulled in the parking lot and let the rain die down before going in.  Just as I entered the store, we all heard a crash.  A guy in an old Jeep Wrangler had hydroplaned on 231, left the roadway, skidded through the parking lot and came to a very sudden stop when he wrapped it around a telephone pole.

Me and two of the ladies working in the store started running to the vehicle when it burst into flames, making us all jump back. Fire was shooting out of the right rear and was spreading quickly up the right side of the Jeep. We started hollering at the guy to get out, but his driver door was firmly against the pole.  He was moving around but looked dazed.  It was literally 10-15 seconds before flames were pretty much covering the right side of the car.  

We were all screaming at the guy to get out as none of us were brave enough to endure the flames to try and open his passenger door.  I realized I was about to watch a guy burn to death trapped in his own car.  The flames quickly engulfed the whole car and we couldn't see him any more.  Suddenly, the passenger door flies open and the guy comes bolting out.  We grabbed him and led him away from the car and then there were a series of small explosions and interior of the Jeep was now fully engulfed as well.  

The guy suffered only minor burns and was surprisingly calm about the whole situation.  It took me an hour before my heart stopped pounding.  Made me do a lot of thinking last night too.  You wonder how you will react in a true emergency.  I've had several experiences in life where I felt good about what I did and wondered where I got the courage to do it.  Yesterday, I wasn't willing to risk going into a fire.  Nobody was.  I had about a 10 second window to make that decision and I chose self preservation.  Made me sick to my stomach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: I'm No Hero
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 12:32:56 PM »
You did what you could.  You have shit you're responsible for and foolhardy bravado is for movies and suckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 12:42:42 PM »
If I understand this correctly, you hollered at the guy to get out and then walked beside him, away from the car.

Are there any potential medals?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 12:44:06 PM »
You did what you could.  You have shit you're responsible for and foolhardy bravado is for movies and suckers.
Maybe so but handing out business cards is fucked up, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »
I need to stay indoors for a while.  Today at lunch, as me and some buddies were about to walk in the restaurant, there was a small wreck right in front of where we were.  One car had it's windows down and a woman in the passenger seat was screaming bloody murder.  From what we could tell, the lady had her right arm rested on the door and partially sticking out.  A car hit em' in that side and F'd her arm up.  I didn't see it but a lady who walked out there said it was "badly disfigured."

Now that one I did pass out a few cards.  I've got some refrigerator magnets done up like our business cards.  They stick to a car real good.  Just drive by a wreck and toss them out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 02:51:48 PM »
I need to stay indoors for a while.  Today at lunch, as me and some buddies were about to walk in the restaurant, there was a small wreck right in front of where we were.  One car had it's windows down and a woman in the passenger seat was screaming bloody murder.  From what we could tell, the lady had her right arm rested on the door and partially sticking out.  A car hit em' in that side and F'd her arm up.  I didn't see it but a lady who walked out there said it was "badly disfigured."

Now that one I did pass out a few cards.  I've got some refrigerator magnets done up like our business cards.  They stick to a car real good.  Just drive by a wreck and toss them out.
She seriously is going to need some litigation with that fucked up arm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 02:52:11 PM »
Exactly what I kept telling myself.  Good thing I was at a liquor store.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »
It's good to know you still care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »
It's good to know you still care.
Yes but just not enough to risk being injured.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 03:43:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 03:59:48 PM »
Actually the question I have is did you record it with your iPhone?  I mean shit that could be in your next commercial.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 04:00:51 PM »
Do you think he's gonna risk what little hair he has left?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 04:24:25 PM »
We rode by that scene about 6:30 yesterday and wondered what happened. Sometimes things happen too fast to be able to help.

Funny what a small world it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
We rode by that scene about 6:30 yesterday and wondered what happened. Sometimes things happen too fast to be able to help.

Funny what a small world it is.
Funny ...like he's a clown to you?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 08:48:09 PM »
This is valid.

Those flames could have easily singed one side of his head.

The fact that the commercial you posted could look even more fucked up is utterly amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 09:08:09 PM »

But he’s so sexy. And he cares.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
Funny ...like he's a clown to you? 
Yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 10:48:31 AM »
He got another Brazillian?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 11:18:29 AM »
He got another Brazillian?
No. He could only afford a couple hundred plugs. But he don’t want to lose those too!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »
Back to the topic. 

It's  hard to say how any of us would respond in that situation. Don't beat yourself up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.