Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Buckhead City

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Buckhead City
« on: June 17, 2021, 03:42:00 PM »
I found this interesting, and at the same time, an indictment on where we're headed as a society.  I say good for them and if it's successful, look for more to do it.  copy/foxy/pasta.

A community in Atlanta has decided to separate from the city and create its own police force. Bill White, the Buckhead City Committee CEO, said the decision comes as crime in Atlanta has skyrocketed and police are not being properly funded.
White told Bill Hemmer on "America's Newsroom" that he estimates nearly 80 percent of his community will vote in favor of the separation. 
"We have two bills in the Georgia legislature dropping in January to decide this referendum ballot," White said. 

"We filed our divorce papers at the city of Atlanta, and our divorce is final."
White said Atlanta Mayor Keisha Bottoms’ policies have emboldened criminals and let the Atlanta Police Department down.
"They feel demoralized, underpaid, under-recognized. They are being told basically not to fight crime in the way they would like to."
GA community separates from Atlanta over surge in crime[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2)]Video[/iurl][/font][/size][/font][/size][/color]
Police statistics show murders in Atlanta are up 63% year-to-date compared to 2020 as of May 29.
41-year-old Andrew Worrell was shot twice on a recent Saturday at 8:35 a.m. while walking through his own neighborhood. 
Worrell’s incident was not isolated. Two other joggers in the area reported being shot at around the same time.

"We’re going to get a hold of it here in Buckhead," White said. 
The new community, Buckhead City, will have its own law enforcement system to focus on getting crime rates down. 
"We'll have our own court. We'll have our own judge. We'll have our own jail," White said. "And we are going to put the smackdown on this crime once and for all here, because the people of Buckhead have had enough." 

White is confident the separation will offer Buckhead the ability to properly address crime while also benefitting Atlanta.
"A new Buckhead city will do a much better job and will work very well with Atlanta. We're going to help Atlanta. We're going to be two strong cities, prosperous and safe, we pray."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Buckhead City
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:59 PM »
Wish more cities would do this. Including mine. Where the extreme north end is so much better run. There was talk here in the last mayoral election here of doing this very thing splitting the city into two but the candidate in favor of that didn’t win. So that idea died. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 12:05:15 PM »
This will end poorly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
This will end poorly.
Please extrapolatify your position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »
It's been done time and time again throughout Atlanta Metro over the last 10 - 15 years.  Sandy Springs, Peachtree Corners, Johns Creek, etc.  The difference in those new cities being formed and this one is that they were all previously in unincorporated areas of Fulton or Gwinnett counties, whereas Buckhead is currently a part of the city of Atlanta.  It would be a monumental undertaking but I don't blame them one bit.  They pay a vast majority of the taxes and receive little benefit.  Pooling their resources together to make their own city that will take care of their residents and businesses makes perfect sense.  It will suck for the city of Atlanta, but they brought it on themselves.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 01:25:14 PM »
This will end poorly.
I would say things in these cities are ending poorly now. They don't have much to lose by trying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »
Please extrapolatify your position.
Taxes and expenditures aren't a la fucking carte.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.