Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Snowfall

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Snowfall
« on: June 16, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »
I'm really late to the party here (there are 5 seasons, I believe).  But this show is awesome.  It's like a Breaking Bad/Narcos/Boyz N Tha Hood mashup.  Created by John Singleton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

Re: Snowfall
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 10:42:49 AM »
Finally caught up and watched the series finale.

Phenomenal story, great cast/acting and an amazing easter egg in the last episode vis a vis Singleton's film work.

Guess I should flesh out the description:
The story of the CIA flooding SoCentral LA with pure Colombian marching powder in the early 80s (kickstarting the crack epidemic) through a local kid who ascends to the top of the criminal food chain. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 10:44:34 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 10:47:31 AM »
you live an amazing, busy life to take nearly 2 years to watch 5 seasons of a show.  i would have finished that in 2 weeks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 10:55:00 AM »
you live an amazing, busy life to take nearly 2 years to watch 5 seasons of a show.  i would have finished that in 2 weeks.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 11:42:52 AM »
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life
Thanks HDT light...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.