Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Plenty of talent on hand...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Plenty of talent on hand...
« on: June 14, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
According to 247Sports's Blue-Chip Ratio, Auburn's roster talent makes it part of a select group most capable of winning a national championship in 2021.
Auburn checks in with a 56% clip in its Blue-Chip Ratio this cycle, giving the Tigers the 11th-best mark in that regard in the country. Sixteen teams in 2021 meet the criteria for a positive BCR.

What is a Blue-Chip Ratio? In short, it's the percentage of blue-chip prospects (four- and five-stars) a program has signed over the past four recruiting classes versus non-blue-chip recruits. Each player's ranking is taken from the 247Sports Composite, which combines 247, Rivals and ESPN recruiting data.

All scholarship signees count toward a team's BCR; walk-ons and non-junior college transfers do not, though 247Sports and Bud Elliott, who created BCR, plan to add standard transfers at some point, considering the increased practicality — and popularity — of high-level players transferring from program to program now.

Players who are no longer with a program because of the NFL draft, the transfer portal, etc., do not negatively affect a team's Blue-Chip Ratio, as it is a measure of only recruiting success, not retention or development.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/blue-chip-ratio-auburn-tigers-football-2021-season-schedule-bo-nix-tank-bigsby-owen-pappoe-bryan-harsin-zakoby-166537930/

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Plenty of talent on hand...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
Gus is gone + 1st year coach = championship...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions