Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach K Farewell Tour

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Coach K Farewell Tour
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:45:00 PM »
Jar texted me today to announce Coach Rat Face (Beatcha' to it) will step down after this season.  Doesn't surprise me one bit, because I think he's about 96 by now.

I've said this several times recently that he looks like that fire burned out years ago.  I know it's not the case, but it looks like he's rolling the ball out there like a P.E. Coach and saying, "Y'all go play".  The reality is that I think he wants nothing else to do with the current state of the game.  The one-and-done's, and now the transfer portal, have dramatically changed the game.  Just think about where The Fighting Pearls were just a few short months ago compared to now.  (BTW, he's got a who's who of high school talent on campus, or coming to campus.)

From reading his book and listening to former players, the guy likes building relationships and molding his players over the years.  That ship sailed long ago.  As I've also said many times, I've pretty much stopped following them because of the yearly revolving door.  Zion and that bunch were household names in college basketball because of his build and freaky athleticism.  But other than those guys, I couldn't name 3-4 players that came through that program in the last 5 years.

Anywayz, he'll probably go down as the 2nd greatest of all time.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Coach K Farewell Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 05:49:39 PM »
Jar texted me today to announce Coach Rat Face (Beatcha' to it) will step down after this season.  Doesn't surprise me one bit, because I think he's about 96 by now.

I've said this several times recently that he looks like that fire burned out years ago.  I know it's not the case, but it looks like he's rolling the ball out there like a P.E. Coach and saying, "Y'all go play".  The reality is that I think he wants nothing else to do with the current state of the game.  The one-and-done's, and now the transfer portal, have dramatically changed the game.  Just think about where The Fighting Pearls were just a few short months ago compared to now.  (BTW, he's got a who's who of high school talent on campus, or coming to campus.)

From reading his book and listening to former players, the guy likes building relationships and molding his players over the years.  That ship sailed long ago.  As I've also said many times, I've pretty much stopped following them because of the yearly revolving door.  Zion and that bunch were household names in college basketball because of his build and freaky athleticism.  But other than those guys, I couldn't name 3-4 players that came through that program in the last 5 years.

Anywayz, he'll probably go down as the 2nd greatest of all time. 

No.  Just no.  

Massively overhyped wad of marshmallow fluff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 04:49:53 PM »
No.  Just no. 

Soft nba today too. Chuck agrees. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »
Soft nba today too. Chuck agrees.
Totally different game designed strictly for scoring and athleticism.  Anyone remember this exchange when Robert Parrish had had enough of Bill Laimbeer's shit?

The picture doesn't tell the story, but Parrish just sucker punched Laimbeer right in the middle of the play.  Guess what?  There was no foul called and no ejections.  They just restored order and started play again.

Honestly, I don't know if you can really call the players soft, because they're only playing by the rules that exist in today's game.  If hand checking, hard fouls and generally rough play was the way the game was still played, I believe that's the way they'd do it.  It's getting to where you almost can't hit anybody in football anymore, but that doesn't mean it's not played by a bunch of bad ass men.  With tight asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 07:28:17 PM »
LeBron would whine like a bitch if teams went "Hack-a-Shaq" on him.  

Fluffy McOverrated Zion wouldn't last two weeks if he had to play when Jordan did.  He'd wad up into his neckrolls and slither away.  One of the most overhyped loaves of dung I've ever seen.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 10:37:23 PM »
Totally different game designed strictly for scoring and athleticism.  Anyone remember this exchange when Robert Parrish had had enough of Bill Laimbeer's shit?

The picture doesn't tell the story, but Parrish just sucker punched Laimbeer right in the middle of the play.  Guess what?  There was no foul called and no ejections.  They just restored order and started play again.

Honestly, I don't know if you can really call the players soft, because they're only playing by the rules that exist in today's game.  If hand checking, hard fouls and generally rough play was the way the game was still played, I believe that's the way they'd do it.  It's getting to where you almost can't hit anybody in football anymore, but that doesn't mean it's not played by a bunch of bad ass men.  With tight asses.
I trust Chuck and Rodman on this one. They soft. Lebron cries. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 09:59:57 AM »
I trust Chuck and Rodman on this one. They soft. Lebron cries.
Okay, Beevis.  Whatever you say.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 08:57:52 PM »
Okay, Beevis.  Whatever you say.

doesnt take away from the fact that he’s the greatest rebounder of all time and one of the toughest sobs to ever step foot on the court. Def not a goo of marshmallow or sissy in an nba full of vaginas like lebron. Lebron cried again last night. Left the court. Didn’t shake hands. F. Him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »
No argument from me on Lefraud.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2021, 12:18:08 PM »
No.  Just no. 

I am curious how 5 National Championships, 12 Final Fours, 15 ACC Tournament Titles, and 12 ACC regular season titles equates to "overhyped wad of marshmallow fluff" as you claim.

Never mind. Thought you were talking about Corch K. You were slinging mud at Zeon Willamerson. Carrying on.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:39:02 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2021, 02:51:27 PM »
This thread does not cut the cheese.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
Of all the basketball titans, I liked K and Wooden the best.  Never really hated Duke. 

But Marshmallow Williamson is another story.  Such a big wad of chewed up nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
Of all the basketball titans, I liked K and Wooden the best.  Never really hated Duke.

But Marshmallow Williamson is another story.  Such a big wad of chewed up nothing.
I know a lot of people hated him, but I always loved Bobby Knight, too.

And from the SEC, I'll take Dale Brown over anyone except Bruce Pearl and Tommy Joe Eagles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »

And from the SEC, I'll take Dale Brown over anyone except Bruce Pearl and Tommy Joe Eagles.
Well said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 11:27:37 PM »

Same.  I don't know why I liked Dale Brown, but I always did.  Better coach than he gets credit for being. 

Those were some good days.  Wimp, Joe B., Sonny, Eddie Sutton, Nolan, Sloan, Hugh Durham, Don DeVoe.... all stalking the SEC during Dale's time.

Meanwhile in New Orleans...

Don't make me photoshop his head on there and change its color. Edit: Too late. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:42:52 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 10:01:07 AM »
Z-Will finds much humor in all of this nonsense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 08:27:42 PM »

Only pussies don’t like Bobby. Badass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 10:55:05 PM »
Z-Will finds much humor in all of this nonsense.

Somebody in the front row must have been throwing ding dongs.  The chocolate kind.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 09:46:58 AM »
Somebody in the front row must have been throwing ding dongs.  The chocolate kind. 
Nah...if that were the case, Snags would have pushed Z outta the way like a fat bridesmaid scrambling for the bouquet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 04:04:42 PM »
Nah...if that were the case, Snags would have pushed Z outta the way like a fat bridesmaid scrambling for the bouquet.
Well they are throwing ding-dongs.

The food ding-dongs.  You know....by Hostess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions