Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Refinance & Robo's

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Refinance & Robo's
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:08:19 AM »
Last night, Snagette and I are talking about the possibility of refinancing with the rates so low.  She asks what kind of payments we might get so I start searching my interwebz for a mortgage calculator to get an idea if it might be worth it.  We got a rate in the high 3's several years back.  I recall that you used to be able to googlez mortgage calculator and could just plug in your numbers and get an approximate payment.  Not any more.

So I find a Rocket Mortgage or a Loan Depot calculator site and start plugging in our life history. You can't do go anywhere without it.  I get to the end and hit submit.  Literally within 3 seconds, my phone rings.  1-334-655-0331 Jemison, AL.  (Not the real number)  No way this is the mortgage company, right? I get 9 robo-calls a day from odd numbers and cities across the USA.  Never answer them.  If they leave a message, I'll check it and confirm that my car warranty has expired, or this is the last reminder on my credit card (Which I don't have).  They left a message.  I checked and sure enough, it was the mortgage company.  It was a recording.  15 minutes later, Rrrriiiiinnngg....same thing. 15 minutes later....you guessed it.  

Three more times, like clock work.  Snagette says, answer it.  I'm saying I don't want to listen to a recording.  Rings again so I pick it up.  HELLO!!!!  Long pause.  Then, Nanwaf Aljuckhadib, comes on.  "Ahhlo. You call for finance?"

Listen here, you little prick.  If you think I'm doing business with anyone who thinks it's a good business decision to blow up my phone every 15 minutes....  

We're not refinancing right now.  Got to work this morning and I'm inundated with emails from 10 different mortgage companies.  Can't wait for my phone to start blowing up again.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Refinance & Robo's
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 10:27:00 AM »
Glad to see you're here posting this morning.  I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 10:38:35 AM »
Glad to see you're here posting this morning.  I've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »
Rule of thumb used to be that if you could cut 2 points off then it was well worth it.  I am not really sure what the line of thought is now? 
If you do refinance I would not plan on cutting your payment down from what it is now.  Keep your payment the same as what you pay now but use the difference to pay more principle per month.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
Rule of thumb used to be that if you could cut 2 points off then it was well worth it.  I am not really sure what the line of thought is now? 
If you do refinance I would not plan on cutting your payment down from what it is now.  Keep your payment the same as what you pay now but use the difference to pay more principle per month.
This is why I pledge my unwavering loyalty to you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »
Some people may have trouble deciding why they respect your opinion. Like, because you know a lot about financial matters, scuba diving, the marine  corps service, etc.

For me, it’s easy. It’s the shit you took in the LSU pick-up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »
Some people may have trouble deciding why they respect your opinion. Like, because you know a lot about financial matters, scuba diving, the marine  corps service, etc.

For me, it’s easy. It’s the shit you took in the LSU pick-up.
Code brown lives matter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
You used your real email and phone number why? 

You suck at googlingz btw. A Zillion amortization calcs out there without all that non sense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 07:41:46 AM »
And cut the term length. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE