Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm the BAGMAN!

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
I'm the BAGMAN!
« on: April 26, 2021, 02:07:57 PM »
This is the closest I've been to the recruiting process.  My nephew (my older sister's kid) has a step-brother (his dad's new marriage) that is highly recruited.  He's gotten a UGA and FSU offer to go with this nugget:

https://twitter.com/ZavierHamilton1/status/1385321634068795394
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: I'm the BAGMAN!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »
Sweet!  Get that kid a Charger, STAT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 08:16:59 AM »
Can he play TE?  If so, can we move him from there?  Asking for a friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:57:43 AM »
Getting in on em' early.  247 says Class of 2024.  Must be a badazz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 06:02:45 PM »
LSU just offered and Sports Illustrated has this to say about the kid:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 04:12:04 PM »
This is the closest I've been to the recruiting process.  My nephew (my older sister's kid) has a step-brother (his dad's new marriage) that is highly recruited.  He's gotten a UGA and FSU offer to go with this nugget:

https://twitter.com/ZavierHamilton1/status/1385321634068795394
I sure hope this guy has your frame and speed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »
With the offers he's getting, he must be pretty damn skippy.  I'm just glad to see some different recruiting tactics going on.  I could be wrong, but I don't recall us offering very many guys this early in their HS careers.  The occasional player going into their junior year.  Also, I posted a while back, quoting a recruiting piece that said Harbinz already had offers out to something like 70 offensive linemen around the country for next year.  It's a given that without quality big uglies in the trenches, you're only gonna' go so far.  Glad he gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 05:48:14 PM »
With the offers he's getting, he must be pretty damn skippy.  I'm just glad to see some different recruiting tactics going on.  I could be wrong, but I don't recall us offering very many guys this early in their HS careers.  The occasional player going into their junior year.  Also, I posted a while back, quoting a recruiting piece that said Harbinz already had offers out to something like 70 offensive linemen around the country for next year.  It's a given that without quality big uglies in the trenches, you're only gonna' go so far.  Glad he gets it.
And this man knows a lot about quality big uglies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 12:03:23 PM »
To this point (early offering), a frosh QB from Gulf Breeze got a LOT of Bobo's attention yesterday and was told that the staff would be in touch with him after the camp.  Ditto two DBs that spent a lot of time with Zac Etheridge.

Nephew had nothing but positive things to say about the coaches, especially Schmedding. He also says that Tank is HUGE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
To this point (early offering), a frosh QB from Gulf Breeze got a LOT of Bobo's attention yesterday and was told that the staff would be in touch with him after the camp.  Ditto two DBs that spent a lot of time with Zac Etheridge.

Nephew had nothing but positive things to say about the coaches, especially Schmedding. He also says that Tank is HUGE.
They offered Bobo's son yesterday.  He's a 6'5" 280 3* O-lineman.  Already has an offer from FUGA, so despite how much a loathe the pups, that tells me a lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 04:21:04 PM »
My nephew (my older sister's kid) has a step-brother (his dad's new marriage) that is highly recruited.  
What's that make you guys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
What's that make you guys?
Absolutely nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »
Absolutely nothing.
Exactly.

Unless we need to funnel money to the kid.  Then we have a long-standing relationship and he's like a son to me.

Latest update: Kid hated Bama.  Said the vibe was awful there.  Loved Vandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 08:50:50 AM »
Latest update: Kid hated Bama.  
So he's got a little Wes in him anyway
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
So he's got a little Wes in him anyway
He's my Canteen Boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 09:38:04 PM »
Loved Vandy.
That’s interesting.
A place where it doesn’t matter if you play well, you’re still gonna tote a proverbial ass whipping every game.
Love your body. Go elsewhere. Love the school. I would have gone there had they gave me a scholly. But not if AU had offered the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 02:50:18 PM »
That’s interesting.
A place where it doesn’t matter if you play well, you’re still gonna tote a proverbial ass whipping every game.
Love your body. Go elsewhere. Love the school. I would have gone there had they gave me a scholly. But not if AU had offered the same.
They are investing $300MM in their facilities and the kid recognizes the value of that Vandy paper. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 12:06:48 AM »
They are investing $300MM in their facilities and the kid recognizes the value of that Vandy paper.
That Vandy “paper “ has always had the same value.
That beat up ass may not let you bounce dem babies on that knee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 12:53:50 PM »
That Vandy “paper “ has always had the same value.
That beat up ass may not let you bounce dem babies on that knee.
I don't get the condescension.  The kid isn't a dyed-in-the-wool AU fan, so he's going where he fits.  A Vandy degree is substantially more valuable than an Auburn degree, generally speaking.  So he might never win an SEC game.  As the old Vandy chant goes: That's alright, that's ok, you're gonna work for us some day.

If the kid had his druthers, he'd be Clemson bound, but Vandy is his #2 as of now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 01:34:02 PM »
I don't get the condescension.  The kid isn't a dyed-in-the-wool AU fan, so he's going where he fits.  A Vandy degree is substantially more valuable than an Auburn degree, generally speaking.  So he might never win an SEC game.  As the old Vandy chant goes: That's alright, that's ok, you're gonna work for us some day.

If the kid had his druthers, he'd be Clemson bound, but Vandy is his #2 as of now.
Blasphemer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions