Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yahtzee

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Yahtzee
« on: June 15, 2023, 01:59:52 PM »
LB, Joseph Phillips, commits to the University of Auburn War Eagles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Yahtzee
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 02:04:39 PM »
From Auburn Daily

The recruiting is heating up across the country, and Auburn despite being in a constant freeze warning is experiencing this like the rest of the SEC and power five programs. Joseph Phillips has become the third recruit to commit in the past three days. Kensley Faustin and Bryce Cain became the sixth and seventh recruits in the 2024 class.

Phillips is one of the most coveted players in the state of Alabama, he has decided to stay in Alabama. Auburn managed to keep Georgia at bay which with the recruiting excellence from Kirby Smart and Glenn Schumann from the past years is a gigantic win for Hugh Freeze and this staff in year one.

Josh Aldridge, the Tigers' first-year linebackers coach, has managed to build a strong relationship with the six-foot-two 240-pound hybrid backer and along with Freeze has been the key to this recruitment. Phillips was viewed by an EDGE linebacker throughout the winter and spring but told the staff this month that he would prefer to be an inside linebacker. He has been productive at both during his time at Booker T Washington High School in Tuskegee, Alabama.

The four-star has totaled 82 total tackles, 19 tackles for loss, nine sacks, and two forced fumbles. He also has played tight end for the Golden Eagles, totaling 29 receptions, 336 receiving yards, and six touchdowns. Phillips becomes the first defensive recruit that is not a defensive back in the 2024 class.

This addition has put Auburn in the top 25 in the national recruiting rankings. They jumped up two spots in SEC rankings Tuesday, going from 11th to 9th and today they managed to go up to the eighth in the SEC.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 02:29:28 PM »
I like it a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 03:57:09 PM »
On Rivals, AU is 5th nationally in quality per player. Just need some more quantity which I firmly believe will happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 05:03:50 PM »
First head to head win with a recruit vs Thugs since Derrick Brown.

We have to hold on to him but that’s still an impressive commitment.

We were the first on him but thugs, hillbillies and tamu pushed hard. He’s obviously very talented.

3 commits in a week. 2 4 star and 1 that’s soon to be. The 3 star reported as the fastest and just under the radar, as Phillips was.

Recruiting is at an all time high although it hasn’t translated into an actual highly ranked class or wins.

The AU camp last week had 3X the number of participants that Harkle had. Three times. Let that sink in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 05:06:11 PM »
First head to head win with a recruit vs Thugs since Derrick Brown.

We have to hold on to him but that’s still an impressive commitment.

We were the first on him but thugs, hillbillies and tamu pushed hard. He’s obviously very talented.

3 commits in a week. 2 4 star and 1 that’s soon to be. The 3 star reported as the fastest and just under the radar, as Phillips was.

Recruiting is at an all time high although it hasn’t translated into an actual highly ranked class or wins.

The AU camp last week had 3X the number of participants that Harkle had. Three times. Let that sink in.

Very telling, and just good stuff that it's changed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.