friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

Re: Tourney Talk
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 03:38:24 PM »
Hey. Didn't I win this last year also?
I don't recall the results of last season but you should have the receipt from your prior winnings.

The check is in the mail, originating in Manilla, same as last year. Thanks for playing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »
Hey. Didn't I win this last year also?
Did you have the Chinese National team in the championship?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »
We like CCTAU play ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2021, 05:22:45 PM »
OK. So maybe the year before.
If they played last season, I would have one that one also.

Bow to me you lesser choosers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
Where’s my bottle of Crown?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2021, 09:19:15 PM »
Alright I just went with Baylor +4-.
Defense, size and depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2021, 10:08:21 PM »
Alright I just went with Baylor +4-.
Defense, size and depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
Wow, what a mismatch that was.  There wasn't one phase of the game that Baylor didn't dominate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »
Just like I predicted...nobody came close to Gonzaga Baylor in this tourney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2021, 12:31:49 PM »
Just like I predicted...nobody came close to Gonzaga Baylor in this tourney.
I believe that had these two teams met earlier in the year, as they were supposed to, we may have thought differently about the Zags.  I'm not saying it would be identical to what happened last night, but I think Gonzaga would have been exposed.  Baylor is just plain quicker, more physical and a better shooting team.  
When Kispert is on, he's probably the best pure shooter on the floor. But Da' Bears never let anybody get in rhythm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
I believe that had these two teams met earlier in the year, as they were supposed to, we may have thought differently about the Zags.  I'm not saying it would be identical to what happened last night, but I think Gonzaga would have been exposed.  Baylor is just plain quicker, more physical and a better shooting team. 
When Kispert is on, he's probably the best pure shooter on the floor. But Da' Bears never let anybody get in rhythm.
The regular season record would indicate as much but there is plenty of evidence to show that  even Baylor could be just a little better than their opponent.
This UCLA team might have given Baylor fits had they not started out on fire hitting threes.
That said...where was UCLA all season? They were just good enough to make the cut, better than ordinary but certainly not a contender for the final four.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2021, 03:59:23 PM »
Wow, what a mismatch that was.  There wasn't one phase of the game that Baylor didn't dominate.

Turnovers, missed shots.....they didn't win those. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
The regular season record would indicate as much but there is plenty of evidence to show that  even Baylor could be just a little better than their opponent.
This UCLA team might have given Baylor fits had they not started out on fire hitting threes.
That said...where was UCLA all season? They were just good enough to make the cut, better than ordinary but certainly not a contender for the final four.

honestly....the zags looked good on paper. They had a great record. They looked the part....But they don't play in a P5 conference. The week in week out quality teams takes it toll just like in the foosballz. Baylor was absolutely battle tested and sharpened. The zags got battle tested 48 hours before the NC Game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2021, 10:09:28 PM »
Wait. Who picked Baylor? Who won the X tourney...again?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »
Wait. Who picked Baylor? Who won the X tourney...again?
New phone, who dis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions