Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Seventh Inning What?

jmar

Seventh Inning What?
« on: April 01, 2021, 09:29:20 AM »
Oh yeah. And this is no April Fools joke. The complexion of the game is about to change forever. 

Check out Kevin Millar's piece on the MLB Channel. 

7 inning games for doubleheaders, a runner placed at second to prevent extra innings and so much more. 

How much more you ask?
Don't ask.

Well yeah, I knew this was going to happen and...such and such.
No you didn't.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Seventh Inning What?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 09:37:04 AM »
Those were the rules during the Covid shortened season last year.  Plus, any new pitcher that comes in has to face a minimum of 3 batters.  All designed to speed up the game, which is badly needed IMO.  Not sure about the runner on second to start each extra inning frame, but I'm all for trying any measure to move the games along, including a pitch clock.  Get the pitcher on the rubber, get the batter in the box and let's play ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:37:21 AM »
Those were the rules during the Covid shortened season last year.  Plus, any new pitcher that comes in has to face a minimum of 3 batters.  All designed to speed up the game, which is badly needed IMO.  Not sure about the runner on second to start each extra inning frame, but I'm all for trying any measure to move the games along, including a pitch clock.  Get the pitcher on the rubber, get the batter in the box and let's play ball.
Chyna has changed America's past time forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »
The game has been dead to me for two seasons now. 
Screw’em!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:33:19 PM »
The game has been dead to me for two seasons now.
Screw’em!
That band wagon got a lot fuller today my friend. And with good reason. Total horseshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE