Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tourney Talk

Token

Re: Tourney Talk
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 05:27:10 PM »
Houston turned my losing my ass on slots into me having a damn good trip so I’m pulling for Houston the rest of the way. It’s the least I can do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 09:40:23 PM »
I was wrong on the Zags.  I thought USC might knock em off.  Wrong.  19 point Gonzaga win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
I was wrong on the Zags.  I thought USC might knock em off.  Wrong.  19 point Gonzaga win.
They just do what they do and play with an air of confidence. 
Doesn't appear anybody can make them sweat a close one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 10:26:30 PM »
Don't know if Michigan covers but it's been a while since I picked a team that didn't start out down ten or twelve just after tipoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 11:20:00 PM »
Don't know if Michigan covers but it's been a while since I picked a team that didn't start out down ten or twelve just after tipoff.
UCLA/Michigan has been horrible so far. Maybe they pick it up in the second half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 07:58:36 AM »
Gonzaga is running through teams like lean through Lil Nas X's bladder as his performs a donkey show on Sesame Street. It's a slaughter out there; hide your kids, hide your wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
Gonzaga is running through teams like lean through Lil Nas X's bladder as his performs a donkey show on Sesame Street. It's a slaughter out there; hide your kids, hide your wife.
They make their opponents look like they are in tryouts for the JV squad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2021, 08:54:34 AM »
UCLA/Michigan has been horrible so far. Maybe they pick it up in the second half.
Worst game of the tourney to watch. 13 minutes in and only one foul called. Was sort of a walk-thru with a basketball theme.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 09:42:27 AM »
Michigan decided to play hold my beer with Bama......49 points????  0 for 9 to finish the game? No scoring for like half an hour??? Talk about blowing it. And still had a bajillion chances to win it at the end. 

Just furthers my theory that its been the Zags, then Baylor......then everyone else about 10 steps down below. There were two TRUE #1 seeds and everyone else was a crap shoot from the start. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 12:09:34 PM »
Like just about everybody else, when this thing got cranked up, I thought this was going to be the craziest tourney evah.  Who is Abilene Christian?  How far can Oral Roberts go?  Damn, I had Illinois in the Final 4. Everyone's bracket is kerput.

In the end, it's played out about the same as every tournament before it.  We have two #1's, a #2 seed and one Cinderella in UCLA.  There are always huge upsets by relative unknowns and deep runs by teams you'd never expect. Who saw Loyola of Chicago wheeling that old hag into the Final 4? 

Think about how many brackets Auburn obliterated two years ago.  Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky were all good teams and I'm sure a yuuuuge percentage of people had one or more of them in their Final 4.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2021, 01:12:13 PM »
Like just about everybody else, when this thing got cranked up, I thought this was going to be the craziest tourney evah.  Who is Abilene Christian?  How far can Oral Roberts go?  Damn, I had Illinois in the Final 4. Everyone's bracket is kerput.

In the end, it's played out about the same as every tournament before it.  We have two #1's, a #2 seed and one Cinderella in UCLA.  There are always huge upsets by relative unknowns and deep runs by teams you'd never expect. Who saw Loyola of Chicago wheeling that old hag into the Final 4?

Think about how many brackets Auburn obliterated two years ago.  Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky were all good teams and I'm sure a yuuuuge percentage of people had one or more of them in their Final 4.     

UCLA's run will now come to an end. Cronin is a good coach but the Zags are another level. I liked him better when he was a front man anyway. I usually favor "Take it on the Run" as a great poolside tune but lately "Roll with the Changes" has been moving up my personal list. 

Houston has a better chance against Baylor the UCLA does against the Zags. 

Now, that I've said that - were gonna see a Baylor UCLA final - Karma gods do your thing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »
UCLA's run will now come to an end. Cronin is a good coach but the Zags are another level. I liked him better when he was a front man anyway. I usually favor "Take it on the Run" as a great poolside tune but lately "Roll with the Changes" has been moving up my personal list.

Houston has a better chance against Baylor the UCLA does against the Zags.

Now, that I've said that - were gonna see a Baylor UCLA final - Karma gods do your thing.
I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that you like to take it on the tongue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 02:37:01 PM »
I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that you like to take it on the tongue.
What man doesn't ride with the Speedwagon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »
Gary Richrath?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 03:16:39 PM »
Every red-blooded American knows when you're under the gun you better take it on the run.
It's animal attraction 101.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
04/02249Arizona
  +13½ -106 
  O 128 -115 
  O 57 -115  U 57 -115
8:30 PM250Connecticut
  -13½ -124 
  U 128 -115 
  O 71 -115  U 71 -115
04/02251Stanford
  -6 -115 
  O 133½ -115 
  O 70 -115  U 70 -115
5:00 PM252South Carolina
  +6 -115 
  U 133½ -115 
  O 64 -115  U 64 -115

Know it's almost blasphemous, but the matchup and spreads for the women's championship is eerily similar to that of the men's.

Too much time on my hands?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2021, 12:39:34 PM »
Relax Danielle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 11:43:03 AM »
I got the women"s finals and the championship correct. Never been able to pick winners with women but every nut finds a hog at least once in a lifetime.

The men were a different story.
I made a couple of plays at equal units in early rounds and was doing just fine with Oregon State smothering Loyola and then mostly went losers from there.

I haven't played the Zags at all.

There was UCLA beating Michigan (wrong) followed by Baylor's drubbing of Houston. (wrong again)

So the Bruins catch a ship as stowaways, make the cut and then decide to show everybody they belonged in what was the best game of the entire tournament.

If Baylor can avoid scoring droughts their defense is strong enough to make this one close.
They have an the advantage of schooling on the UCLA game but the two teams are built differently and I don't have a clue on this one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2021, 12:01:20 PM »
Honestly, I hope the lights in the gym fail and they declare no one the winner. Cannot stand either team in this final. Will not watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions