Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tourney Talk

jmar

Tourney Talk
« on: March 29, 2021, 11:10:24 AM »
All of our brackets went to shit early and mine was no different.
I chose Illinois. Pretty shitty! however I must point out that I'm still atop of the board among you losers meaning your picks were shittier than mine.

Bamer go down.

Told my Roh Tahd buddy that not only could his team not make free throws which was obvious; they didn't play aggressive enough early defensively, Shackleford and Petty not getting their first fouls until the 5:30 Mark of the second half.
You get 5 last I checked.
I lost twenty bucks on the fuckers thinking UCLA was the weakest entry among the remaining Pac12 teams. 

Anybody up for some discussion?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Tourney Talk
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 12:20:10 PM »
The only good thing I have seen so far in the tourney was the bammer wailing and gnashing of teeth I have seen since last night over a "foul" that wasn't called.  Fuck bammer and fuck georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 12:54:54 PM »
The only good thing I have seen so far in the tourney was the bammer wailing and gnashing of teeth I have seen since last night over a "foul" that wasn't called.  Fuck bammer and fuck georgia.
Hell they were dead in the water until Rees hit that prayer of a 3 to send it to O.T.
One solitary foul had no bearing on the outcome.

:aoop:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 04:50:15 PM »
11/25 from the line gets you beat 10 out of 10 times in March.  Whether it was a foul or not was irrelevant because they couldn’t hit the fuckers anyway. Luckily for me I had to come back yesterday so I wasn’t there to lose money in Bama but I made some good money Saturday on those games. Mirage sports book vip booth is with the money they charge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »
11/25 from the line gets you beat 10 out of 10 times in March.  Whether it was a foul or not was irrelevant because they couldn’t hit the fuckers anyway. Luckily for me I had to come back yesterday so I wasn’t there to lose money in Bama but I made some good money Saturday on those games. Mirage sports book vip booth is with the money they charge.
#winning

Nice to know. I got out to a lead and then started spinning my wheels. Might need a Brinks tow truck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:29:54 PM »
11/25 from the line gets you beat 10 out of 10 times in March.  Whether it was a foul or not was irrelevant because they couldn’t hit the fuckers anyway. Luckily for me I had to come back yesterday so I wasn’t there to lose money in Bama but I made some good money Saturday on those games. Mirage sports book vip booth is with the money they charge.

So does being overrated against quality teams. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 07:12:29 PM »
So does being overrated against quality teams.
Overrated or not doesn’t matter in March. They had the opportunity to win at the free throw line where they were good all year and didn’t get the job done.  Being overrated or underrated doesn’t change free throws. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 01:18:01 AM »
So which team gets to play Gonzaga, Houston the media darling or the poor hapless Baylor program that only had five scholarship players 2 years ago?

And I say Gonzaga only because if you look back at USC's regular schedule you will see that although they have impressive size they can't play transition basketball for long periods of time. Love to watch the bigs play but I don't think Gonzaga can be forced into a halfcourt game.

Michigan might be to Gonzaga what Arkansas was to Baylor.
No, I don't give UCLA much of a shot against Michigan but they are playing very well. 

I think the Big Ten plays the style of basketball I enjoy watching. Not discounting the talent of the PAC-12 but those games conflict with my internal clock.
It's worth it a time or two though to go to basketball church with Bill Walton if you haven't been paying attention.

Anyway...
Houston lacks the size of Baylor but I don't expect Baylor to shoot like the house is on fire two games in a row. The greatest matchup should be shutdown defender Jarreau v. Davion the facilitator.
Don't know which team wins the game but I think Jarreau wins that battle. He's suffocating.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:57:07 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 10:02:33 AM »
So which team gets to play Gonzaga, Houston the media darling or the poor hapless Baylor program that only had five scholarship players 2 years ago?

And I say Gonzaga only because if you look back at USC's regular schedule you will see that although they have impressive size they can't play transition basketball for long periods of time. Love to watch the bigs play but I don't think Gonzaga can be forced into a halfcourt game.

Michigan might be to Gonzaga what Arkansas was to Baylor.
No, I don't give UCLA much of a shot against Michigan but they are playing very well.

I think the Big Ten plays the style of basketball I enjoy watching. Not discounting the talent of the PAC-12 but those games conflict with my internal clock.
It's worth it a time or two though to go to basketball church with Bill Walton if you haven't been paying attention.

Anyway...
Houston lacks the size of Baylor but I don't expect Baylor to shoot like the house is on fire two games in a row. The greatest matchup should be shutdown defender Jarreau v. Davion the facilitator.
Don't know which team wins the game but I think Jarreau wins that battle. He's suffocating.
The hour, the caffeine deficiency and...well...the "jmar factor" make this nearly incomprehensible.

But I like the final four teams for entertaining basketball.  And I *think* jmar is saying that Jarreau is a better defender than Mitchell.  I humbly disagree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »
The hour, the caffeine deficiency and...well...the "jmar factor" make this nearly incomprehensible.

But I like the final four teams for entertaining basketball.  And I *think* jmar is saying that Jarreau is a better defender than Mitchell.  I humbly disagree.
Never said Jarreau was the better overall player but he will sacrifice his offensive production to wreak havoc on Baylor in order to keep his team in the game.
He's perfectly willing to collect trash points and rebounds to further contribute to the effort.

Damn the caffeine, full steam ahead!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:03:04 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 03:15:11 PM »
Overrated or not doesn’t matter in March. They had the opportunity to win at the free throw line where they were good all year and didn’t get the job done.  Being overrated or underrated doesn’t change free throws.

def not trying to flame you here.....I just don't think Bama is or ever was a true 2 seed. The sec (I don't gaf what kenpom or any dumb pundit said pre tourney) was seriously down this year - esp at the top. There was no heavyweight..AT ALL. Bama and the Hogs filled that void left by Tenn, Aub and Kentucky not filling their traditional spots as the sec 1-3 from the last 4 years. It probably wasn't helped that UCLA and a few others were underrated at the other end of the spectrum. The pac 12 got serious disrespect entering the tourney. 

Regardless - its Zags and Baylors NC to lose really. There was never even a close 3rd team. Perhaps Michigan at this moment in time if there is a close 3rd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 03:29:19 PM »

def not trying to flame you here.....I just don't think Bama is or ever was a true 2 seed. The sec (I don't gaf what kenpom or any dumb pundit said pre tourney) was seriously down this year - esp at the top. There was no heavyweight..AT ALL. Bama and the Hogs filled that void left by Tenn, Aub and Kentucky not filling their traditional spots as the sec 1-3 from the last 4 years. It probably wasn't helped that UCLA and a few others were underrated at the other end of the spectrum. The pac 12 got serious disrespect entering the tourney.

Regardless - its Zags and Baylors NC to lose really. There was never even a close 3rd team. Perhaps Michigan at this moment in time if there is a close 3rd.
You know you're disrespecting me by not being critical of my archaic writing style brimming with stream of consciousness, run ons and broken sentences. I expect better.

But yeah I agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 03:57:17 PM »
You know you're disrespecting me by not being critical of my archaic writing style brimming with stream of consciousness, run ons and broken sentences. I expect better.

But yeah I agree with you.

if a run on sentence happens in the woods, did it turn purple before or after it became the wayward Lean of a true homophobic ankle breaker. Answer me that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 04:05:33 PM »
if a run on sentence happens in the woods, did it turn purple before or after it became the wayward Lean of a true homophobic ankle breaker. Answer me that.
Well obviously, for every 12 pieces of pottery bowl toppings, a frail facsimile of the children will suffice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 04:11:19 PM »
Well obviously, for every 12 pieces of pottery bowl toppings, a frail facsimile of the children will suffice.
You stay out of this. Nobody asked you to chime in with your whimsical nonsensities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
Define "Lean" and I'll give it a go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 04:46:31 PM »
Back to the Tourney Talk.  Out of who is left, I'd like to see the Zags finally get over the hump.  They've been so close so many times but always fall short. I keep hearing all the talking heads say they're the most talented team. That may be but I don't see them being physical enough to get by Baylor or Michigan, or even tonight's match up with USC.  

Anyone watch Houston last night?  I haven't seen much of them this year, but I know they have to be a better shooting club than that shit. What was definitely impressive though, was the offensive boards.  Good Lawdy, those guys get on the glass.  I think at one point they had 19 offensive rebounds.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

def not trying to flame you here.....I just don't think Bama is or ever was a true 2 seed. The sec (I don't gaf what kenpom or any dumb pundit said pre tourney) was seriously down this year - esp at the top. There was no heavyweight..AT ALL. Bama and the Hogs filled that void left by Tenn, Aub and Kentucky not filling their traditional spots as the sec 1-3 from the last 4 years. It probably wasn't helped that UCLA and a few others were underrated at the other end of the spectrum. The pac 12 got serious disrespect entering the tourney.

I get what you are saying but it’s an entirely different argument.  Being a 2 seed, 11 seed or 16 seed didn’t get Bama beat in that game. The free throws did. 

I do believe this is going to the future of March madness for a while though. 1 and done recruits have decimated the traditional powerhouses. I think anyone past the top 2 or 3 teams are going to be very difficult to seed in the future. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 05:09:37 PM »
Back to the Tourney Talk.  Out of who is left, I'd like to see the Zags finally get over the hump.  They've been so close so many times but always fall short. I keep hearing all the talking heads say they're the most talented team. That may be but I don't see them being physical enough to get by Baylor or Michigan, or even tonight's match up with USC. 

Anyone watch Houston last night?  I haven't seen much of them this year, but I know they have to be a better shooting club than that shit. What was definitely impressive though, was the offensive boards.  Good Lawdy, those guys get on the glass.  I think at one point they had 19 offensive rebounds. 
Houston can win this game against Baylor. In fact they might be the contrast in style that actually trips up Gonzaga. Don't think they have quite enough scoring punch but we shall see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 05:11:20 PM »
I get what you are saying but it’s an entirely different argument.  Being a 2 seed, 11 seed or 16 seed didn’t get Bama beat in that game. The free throws did.

I do believe this is going to the future of March madness for a while though. 1 and done recruits have decimated the traditional powerhouses. I think anyone past the top 2 or 3 teams are going to be very difficult to seed in the future.
Excellent point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions