Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Non Russian Wrap Up

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Non Russian Wrap Up
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:03:48 AM »
The Fighting Pearls have one game left this Saturday at home against MSU to finish out the 20-21 season.  They stand at 12-14 overall and 6-11 in conference.  I recall arguing prior to the season that the "experts" had them picked way too low given the incredible success of the previous two seasons.  I was wrong.  

But there was a laundry list of excuses, including being the youngest team in the nation and two star players, Shariff Cooper and Justin Powell only playing in 12 and 10 games respectively.  Plus, I believe a post season ban does affect the overall mindset and give you far less to play for.

But excuses aside, I'm going all Gus here and say the future is bright.  There are only two players with consistent playing time that will be seniors next year, Jamal Johnson and Javon Franklin.  Unless someone comes out early, maybe Cooper, or transfers out, this team will return in tact.  It may be wishful thinking, but despite him averaging 20 a game, I just don't see Cooper being NBA ready.  Too small and too many holes in his game.  Half of his game is driving to the bucket and either scoring or dishing, but that ain't gonna fly at the next level given his size, or lack thereof.  He's only 5'9" with the afro.  Having said that, I'm sure he gone.

If everyone comes back and Powell is ready to play a whole season, I think they have the total package.  Great guard play, shooters, slashers like JT Thor and tons of size inside. Plus, they will be experienced and hopefully have something to play for again.  Here's to the 2021-2022 Auburn Tigers.  We're a basketball school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Non Russian Wrap Up
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:00:49 PM »
If Coop and JP played all games healthy this season, it could have been a special type of spoiler season. I damn sure don't think we get swept by the turds...

Coop is not ready, but when has that stopped a guy whose dad is an agent. Gotta pay for that new car the NCAA was worried about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Non Russian Wrap Up
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 04:02:56 PM »
Sweet 16 or bust next season!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.