Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey Kaos...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Hey Kaos...
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
You did see where it was revealed (McClellan, ax to grind obviously...though his claim was never disputed) that the White House fed talking point memos to Fox News, right?  These talking points would then become "news items".

I think criticism of Fox is easily justified when they try to wear the mantle of the Fourth Estate.
I readily admit that virtually all other news outlets are left biased, but Fox takes bias to a whole new level. I guess it's a one-stop equalizer for the combined bias of all other televised news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »
You did see where it was revealed (McClellan, ax to grind obviously...though his claim was never disputed) that the White House fed talking point memos to Fox News, right?  These talking points would then become "news items".

I think criticism of Fox is easily justified when they try to wear the mantle of the Fourth Estate.

I can agree that some people are going to see Fox News the way some others see NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, ABC, MPR and others....

Also, wasn't McClellan the Press Secretary before the elections?  Also, he "apologized" and publicly admitted that it was false that Fox, and O'Reilly were EVER given talking points.

There are many links...here's one..

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/07/30/mcclellan-apologizes-oreilly-bill-wasnt-sent-talking-points

I completely understand that Fox might lean to the Center right..and I agree...  Not debunking your theory there....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 10:42:49 AM »
I readily admit that virtually all other news outlets are left biased, but Fox takes bias to a whole new level. I guess it's a one-stop equalizer for the combined bias of all other televised news.

I'd submit that MSNBC and Keith Oberman have the market cornered on the "highest level of bias" market. 

JMO...haha..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:29 AM »
To which I posted:
"Holy Shit, Bush is Asian! There's no telling how deep this goes!"

Putin also.  Of course, it could be argued that Putin is actually half Asian since the USSR stretched over both continents.

Discuss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »
I can agree that some people are going to see Fox News the way some others see NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, ABC, MPR and others....

Also, wasn't McClellan the Press Secretary before the elections?  Also, he "apologized" and publicly admitted that it was false that Fox, and O'Reilly were EVER given talking points.

There are many links...here's one..

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/07/30/mcclellan-apologizes-oreilly-bill-wasnt-sent-talking-points

Nice.  I never saw that.  Thanks, Scott, you fuckin pusbag...way to hang me out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 10:47:54 AM »
I'd submit that MSNBC and Keith Oberman have the market cornered on the "highest level of bias" market. 

JMO...haha..
Really? More than O'Reiley, Hannity, and the Fox & Friends crew?

There's a difference between the regular news staff, and the opinion shows.

By the way, what about Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson (although I guess he's recently gone), Willy Geist, Chuck Todd?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:12:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »

By the way, what about Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson (although I guess he's recently gone), Willy Geist?

Each side ('Pub/Dem) is going to see the other (MSNBC/FOX) as the extremity of bias.  And they both are when viewed from those perspectives.  It's a shame we can't have honest news broadcasts.  The $$$$ wins again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

Hannity IS an opinion maker, and sits 3 feet from a Liberal Alan Colmes (who even has his own show too on Fox News Radio....)   O'Reilly is a Libertarian and has bashed Bush, Conservatives, basically undressed McCain this election, and actually gave Obama much love after his interview....  You actually have to listen to them to know that... 

Actually Judge Andrew Napolitano is a Libertarian as well....     

Sounds like you might not quite know enough, like most there to bitch TOOOO much about them.  Besides, I supported your other arguements, but I know it's fun to argue...

By the way, what about Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson (although I guess he's recently gone), Willy Geist?

Who sits in check with MSNBC on Countdown?    Trust me... Fox has the Joe's, Pat's and Tuckers on the Democratic side as well....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
Each side ('Pub/Dem) is going to see the other (MSNBC/FOX) as the extremity of bias.  And they both are when viewed from those perspectives.  It's a shame we can't have honest news broadcasts.  The $$$$ wins again.

True.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »
Just curious as to why we need a party system anyway.  Exactly what is accomplished by that other than polarizing a nation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »
Just curious as to why we need a party system anyway.  Exactly what is accomplished by that other than polarizing a nation?
I couldn't agree more. Surely someone will come to the defense of the Two Party system, and say you're a pussy if you don't hard-headedly support 100% of the official party line, to which there are exactly two alternatives.

I'm not one of those people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »

Our first president was wise well beyond his years when he urged Americans in his farewell address to "forswear excessive party spirit and geographical distinctions".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Shoot, even Obama has suggested an 8 party playoff syst...wait... what are we talking about?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 12:06:56 PM »
Just to play devils advocate here......

If we are now supposed to as good Americans support President-elect Obama why did Bush not get the same consideration? 

There were MANY things that Bush has done and not done that I do not agree with but I seem to recall Whoopi amongst others not being good Americans and supporting their president.

Just pointing out the double standard.

Because Republicans are generally decent, God-fearing, patriots.  We support our country even when we may disagree. Democrats, as a rule, do not. People are making a huge deal out of Elisabeth because she did what TRUE patriots do.  She got on the bus. She said, "okay, my guy lost. I'm an American first. So I'm going to give the new administration my support and hope we can keep it from screwing up."  A Democrat would never do that:  See 2004, 2000, 1988.... 

I support the country.  I do not and will not support Obama now or ever.  I will actively work to see that he isn't re-elected.  That's the way things work.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:14:18 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »

Good GOD, have you bothered to watch MSNBC or CNN?  Talk about taking bias to a whole new level.  Those two networks were basically Obama infomercials for six months.  Fox hit both sides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
Because Republicans are generally decent, God-fearing, patriots. 

I just fucking threw up in my mouth.

Put your broad-brush away.  You're better than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »
I just fucking threw up in my mouth.

Put your broad-brush away.  You're better than that.

Wouldn't have been better to say, that his generalization of the democratic party was unjustified?  I think it was, and a barb looking for a response like yours....  I know you don't believe that Republicans "aren't" generally decent, God-fearing, patriots...right?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
Anyone who believes that Fox is as right as the others are left is a COMPLETE idiot. Independent studies done over the last 2 years have proved as much. Not to mention, just watch Fox and see.

The big difference is the others blow whatever left-wing candidate there is at the time and Fox does not blow anyone.

You hardly EVER see any criticism of the magic ONE on any of the lefty stations.

Fox has consistently called out Bush and McCain.

This country is going in the shitter with with the big shit that was just elected. WHEN he becomes president, I will support the office. But I will never support the man. Now that does not mean I will be full of hate toward him. We just disagree on, well, every damn thing he stands for. Any God-fearing gun-toting southerner that supports the magic ONE, should turn in their southern card and move north of the Mason-Dixon line. Or Florida.

And screw all libs if they think I will lay down and kiss anyone's ass. For 8 years the bastards have been hateful to the max, they can expect a little discomfort for the next four.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »
Anyone who believes that Fox is as right as the others are left is a COMPLETE idiot. Independent studies done over the last 2 years have proved as much. Not to mention, just watch Fox and see.

The big difference is the others blow whatever left-wing candidate there is at the time and Fox does not blow anyone.

You hardly EVER see any criticism of the magic ONE on any of the lefty stations.

Fox has consistently called out Bush and McCain.

This country is going in the shitter with with the big shit that was just elected. WHEN he becomes president, I will support the office. But I will never support the man. Now that does not mean I will be full of hate toward him. We just disagree on, well, every damn thing he stands for. Any God-fearing gun-toting southerner that supports the magic ONE, should turn in their southern card and move north of the Mason-Dixon line. Or Florida.

And screw all libs if they think I will lay down and kiss anyone's ass. For 8 years the bastards have been hateful to the max, they can expect a little discomfort for the next four.

You're a bitter red neck :rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
Thank you Mark, You racist bastard. Oh. Wait. I'm sorry. Redneck is not a race. Go ahead say what you will about me. I'm white so nobody gives a shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.