Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Moving on up

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Moving on up
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 03:00:15 PM »
There was no black face. 

The all black face (made up or not) with comically white eyes and teeth is the archetype of the blackface caricature.  The elements are there.

Is this funny? 

I submit that it is. 

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.  Not funny to me, but also not an intentional shot at the subject of the photo.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:01:24 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
So what about this?

And there was, again, no blackface today.  There was a bill where you couldn't see Obama (haha, because he's black).  It wasn't even that funny, it was just a play on his blackness. But because somebody had the audacity to notice he was a black man and made a funny about it, we got to have a three page epenii-induced debate. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:07:25 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »
I was busting on an all black high school band a while back on teh nation.  I was talking about how they threw shit out of joint that I don't even think I have.  They were pumpin' and grindin' and wigglin' and jigglin'.  I made the comment that 3 people got pregnant during the half time show.  Somebody chimed in about how racist that was.  

Sorry, nope, don't think so.  That's a cultural thing.  Black bands compete to see who can be the most outrageous on the field.  Hell, they've made movies about it.  Drum Line for one (Which I've watched about 9 times)  Perfectly acceptable to bust on that type of thing.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
Well, what's more racist and offensive? 

This guy, who's serious:

or this guy who's acting:

Or this chick who sells pancakes:

I know the answer....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »
So what about this?

I'm up in the air about this role, mostly because I haven't seen the movie and can't speak to my reaction to it.  On the surface, my gut reaction is not favorable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 03:18:09 PM »
C'mon now...it's funny.  I think Kaos is actually making a good point here.  There has to be a line where racial sensetivity clashes with blatant racism, but I'm not sure that anything Kaos has posted has approached blatant racism. 

It's okay to laugh about one another.  There isn't anything malicious about that.  I wish I saw the original video in this thread so I can see why Chizad got so heated about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 03:21:47 PM »
I'm up in the air about this role, mostly because I haven't seen the movie and can't speak to my reaction to it.  On the surface, my gut reaction is not favorable. 

Okay, that's your opinion.  I don't like it much either, but mainly because I think Ben Stiller is the sorriest excuse for a comedic actor in human history, outside Will Ferrell. I'd delete it just on those grounds. If I was a dictator, I'd delete anything that referred to inebriated behavior because I find that incredibly boorish and offensive. But this isn't a dictatorship?

I maintain we should be cautious determining what is "racist" by using the litmus test of whether it offends one person or not.  I'm opposed to quick triggers. I also think we should be extremely careful about bashing each other in this type of open forum. Calling each other scumbags and racists has awful AUN undertones and it's not the sort of thing us pilgrims expected when we got on the Mayflower and sailed over to this new country.  If we wanted to be publicly upbraided by a "moderator" we could have stayed there.  Well, some of you could have.

I'm not defending what was posted so much as I'm opening fire on the way it was handled and the precipice public moderation can lead to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 03:22:33 PM »
Well, what's more racist and offensive? 

This guy, who's serious:

or this guy who's acting:

Or this chick who sells pancakes:

I know the answer....

You see no difference in the authors of those actions?  Two of the three are exploitative.  One is self-authored.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 03:23:29 PM »
You see no difference in the authors of those actions?  Two of the three are exploitative.  One is self-authored.

The fuck... I laughed at all three.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 03:25:09 PM »
The fuck... I laughed at all three.

That's the leisure afforded you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »
I agree with any racist bullshit being taken down, but I disagree with the "I'm your daddy" tone used in doing it in public.  VERRRRYYYYYYY Titan-esque, no matter how much you might not agree.

I appreciate enforcing the one rule we have, but acting like Captain Whoop Ass, then not listening to other level headed debates and opinions is a little weak.

Just my opinion.
I deleted it once without referencing it at all. He reposted it to be a smartass. That's when I went Titan.

So what about this?

Apparently you're too dense to get the satire that was represented by that character in Tropic Thunder.

If you can't tell the difference in that and the blackface photo you posted in this thread, then God help you.

And there was, again, no blackface today.  There was a bill where you couldn't see Obama (haha, because he's black).  It wasn't even that funny, it was just a play on his blackness. But because somebody had the audacity to notice he was a black man and made a funny about it, we got to have a three page epenii-induced debate. 
You're so wrong here it disgusts me. It was Obama's silhouette photoshopped completely black with comically white eyes and teeth pasted on top. It WAS blackface. It WAS racist as fuck.

If you can't follow the rules, or don't like them, don't post here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »
I maintain we should be cautious determining what is "racist" by using the litmus test of whether it offends one person or not.  I'm opposed to quick triggers. I also think we should be extremely careful about bashing each other in this type of open forum.

Posting the type of shit that has been posted today is really good for our image as well. Hey, let's forward this thread to recruits so they can see how apparently a majority of Auburn fans feel about black people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »
I deleted it once without referencing it at all. He reposted it to be a smartass. That's when I went Titan.
Apparently you're too dense to get the satire that was represented by that character in Tropic Thunder.

It was Obama's silhouette photoshopped completely black with comically white eyes and teeth pasted on top. It WAS blackface. It WAS racist as fuck.

Well I didn't see it that way.  Fuck, I only saw it for a second before you yanked it harder than Ron Jeremy trying to make $30. I'm glad you're the sole arbiter of what's racist and what's not.  And I'm glad you are too dense to recognize the point I (obviously) made, pot. 

At least your use of the word comically shows that you did appreciate the humor quotient.

If you can't follow the rules, or don't like them, don't post here.

So noted, Teen Titan. 

Which one are you?  I vote for the faggy Flash-looking one.

Your pious stance is really ridiculous. There are better ways to handle things, drillpress.  Somebody lock this bitch down. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:49:17 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
Posting the type of shit that has been posted today is really good for our image as well. Hey, let's forward this thread to recruits so they can see how apparently a majority of Auburn fans feel about black people.

Oh yeah, wow.  Let's do that.

And while we're at it, we can send them all the threads about drunken behavior, where we make fun of homosexuals, where we say big words like "shit, fuck, hell and damn."  Send them the ones where we ogle women. And lesbians!  They'll think we're sooooo fucking cool then!!

Christ man, can you not see that you're channeling Davey, Titan, Stoic and the rest with this entire episode? 

Blow the fuck up, rape and pillage a thread, call out a member in public and then rail about the super duper importance of of this board to recruiting and the future of Auburndom? 

I give up.  I was fucking around hoping to get you to chill the fuck out some and handle this a different way, but your TeenTitan underoos are all up your ass.  I'm done here.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

D-Day

• Sergeant-at-Arms
  • All courses... incomplete
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »
White man's guilt. It's a motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »
 :popcorn:

You all are fucking too tightly wound. 

:bag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
Jimminy Christmas, I leave town for a day and it all goes to shit.

First, I agree with Chad and Wes.  I would have handled things differently, but I agree with the action taken.  We have TWO FUCKING RULES on this board, and if we start allowing shades of gray on one, where does it end?  Why does race have to be brought up at all?  What fucking difference does it make that Obama is half black?  Debate on his shitty policies and leave the color of his skin out of it.  I just don't see how it's that fucking hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
:popcorn:

You all are fucking too tightly wound. 

:bag:

Hey...I see what you did there.

Alright, let's take a collective deep breath and step back a moment.  I think we're seeing a combination of the "button-pushing" attitude that we all share and some soreness over the election results.

Most of us are button-pushers.  If we know something bothers you, we will fucking do that thing over and over to get under your skin.  I think that's what we're seeing here in this thread.

Furthermore, politics (despite our high-minded arguments about the merits of each candidate) has become a high-stakes game: you choose your horse and ride that fucker to the finish line.  When your horse doesn't win, you are liable to be bitter towards the winner.  We're seeing some of that here in this thread as well.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:06:51 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions