« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2021, 10:04:56 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2021, 04:45:50 PM »
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2021/07/29/chicago-cubs-lineup-anthony-rizzo-and-kris-bryant-are-not-starting-today/?fbclid=IwAR256hLqdAdFKu-N34LCVo8Hz8KUqapBL5jePk5Et_eA6itzAjjCPx8_P_s

Whelp...bye bye Bryzzo.
This sucks balls.  Maybe they want to tear it down and build it back with younger talent.  Bryant, I might can see for unloading salary purposes. ($18.6 mil)  But Rizzo is only making $11 mil, which is a steal for him.  And Buzz, would you say AR is probably the most popular Cub for quite a few years running?  At least that's what I see from afarrrr.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2021, 09:11:37 AM »
This sucks balls.  Maybe they want to tear it down and build it back with younger talent.  Bryant, I might can see for unloading salary purposes. ($18.6 mil)  But Rizzo is only making $11 mil, which is a steal for him.  And Buzz, would you say AR is probably the most popular Cub for quite a few years running?  At least that's what I see from afarrrr.
He is was really the face of the Cubs.  Now they are a faceless blob to me.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2021, 01:48:01 PM »
Damn, LAD went all in on a chance to repeat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2021, 02:27:46 PM »
Damn, LAD went all in on a chance to repeat.
Yeppers.

We didn't go all in or fold the tents either.  Picked up Adam Duvall from the Fish.  I was quite pissed when they let him go after last season.  He was crushing it.  He's not hitting for average this year (.229) but his production is pretty good with 22 HR and 68 RBI.  They also finally shipped The Panda off to the Cleveland Redskins for some light hitting outfielder.  Hal-A-Lew-Ya.

But, the bottom line is we're still shitty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »
So...we have traded Rizzo to the Yankmees for a couple of 19 year old prospects.  Kimbrel to the White Sox for a couple of other prospects and now Baez to the Mets for some magic beans and an old lamp.  Can I start bitching and moaning now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2021, 04:12:21 PM »
So...we have traded Rizzo to the Yankmees for a couple of 19 year old prospects.  Kimbrel to the White Sox for a couple of other prospects and now Baez to the Mets for some magic beans and an old lamp.  Can I start bitching and moaning now?
Baez to the Mets?  Why you son of a bitch, you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2021, 04:32:23 PM »
Lester to Redbirds. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »
Lester to Redbirds.
That may be a great pick up.  Actually, I have no idea how he's doing this year.  But didn't he pitch in the 1957 World Series?  Wasn't he best friends with Waino's dad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2021, 05:14:06 PM »
Braves staying busy.  They picked up a guy from KC who is hitting .192, so there's that.  But they did get reliever, Richard Rodriguez, from the Buccos.  He was needed more than anything else because our bullpen is teh succos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
That may be a great pick up.  Actually, I have no idea how he's doing this year.  But didn't he pitch in the 1957 World Series?  Wasn't he best friends with Waino's dad?
It was pretty awesome that he started a game in both of the Cubs' last 2 WS wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2021, 12:31:18 PM »
Yeppers.

We didn't go all in or fold the tents either.  Picked up Adam Duvall from the Fish.  I was quite pissed when they let him go after last season.  He was crushing it.  He's not hitting for average this year (.229) but his production is pretty good with 22 HR and 68 RBI.  They also finally shipped The Panda off to the Cleveland Redskins for some light hitting outfielder.  Hal-A-Lew-Ya.

But, the bottom line is we're still shitty.

not sure what Duvall you watched last year.....but he hasn't been good in quite some time. He's a role player at best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2021, 02:52:11 PM »
not sure what Duvall you watched last year.....but he hasn't been good in quite some time. He's a role player at best.
When Duvall came to the Braves a few days ago, he had 22 HR and 68 RBI.  That put him second and first in those categories with the Braves at that time. Hardly numbers for a role player.  Last year, he appeared in only 57 games and put up 16 and 33 respectively, much of which came late in the season.  He wasn't going to find his way into the starting line up with Acuna, Jr. and Ozuna blasting away like they were.

Duvall has never hit for average, and yeah, at this point in his career, he may be more of a role player.  But the dude gives serious pop in the line up or pinch hitting.  And I would have no problem with him taking over right field right now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2021, 09:19:06 PM »
When Duvall came to the Braves a few days ago, he had 22 HR and 68 RBI.  That put him second and first in those categories with the Braves at that time. Hardly numbers for a role player.  Last year, he appeared in only 57 games and put up 16 and 33 respectively, much of which came late in the season.  He wasn't going to find his way into the starting line up with Acuna, Jr. and Ozuna blasting away like they were.

Duvall has never hit for average, and yeah, at this point in his career, he may be more of a role player.  But the dude gives serious pop in the line up or pinch hitting.  And I would have no problem with him taking over right field right now. 
Lassssstttttt year. Last year. Your old ass can’t read. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2021, 12:20:51 AM »
Lassssstttttt year. Last year. Your old ass can’t read.
Dumb ass, did I not address “laasssst year”?  Did you miss the 16/33 part in 57 games part? Yeah, I think so.

And my ass may be old, but I can fart with the best of them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 04:26:25 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2021, 04:36:19 PM »
Watching the Braves-Cards last night and realized one of the reasons our production this year is for shit. Catcher, Travis d'Arnaud, went down right after the season started with a hand injury, so they brought up William Contreras, who sucked balls and they eventually had to send him down.  Anyway, our current catcher for the last 28 games has been Kevan Smith.  Gawt Damn, he sucks.  .176 with 0 HR's and 3 whopping RBI's.  Oh, and he's struck out 28 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2021, 12:03:38 AM »
I’d like to point out that the Braves are now over .500 and only 1.5 out of first. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2021, 12:10:41 AM »
I’d like to point out that the Braves are now over .500 and only 1.5 out of first.
I’d like to point out it took 109 games to get one freaking game over .500.  And they wouldn’t be if the Cards bullpen knew where the strike zone was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2021, 11:31:25 AM »
I’d like to point out it took 109 games to get one freaking game over .500.  And they wouldn’t be if the Cards bullpen knew where the strike zone was.
Fuck the bullpen Georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions