Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2021, 04:57:00 PM »
If you don’t turn it on, you won’t ever miss it.
I could only hold out so long.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »
News and notes from the texting fingers of Buzz and Jar, the Angels released Albert Pooh-Holes today.  Last year a of 10 year, $253 million contract.  As Jarhead said, it would be nice to see the Cards pick him up and he can go out with Molina and Wainwright. 

Yo Jar, does he go into the HOF as a Cardinal or an Angel?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:11:54 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2021, 02:07:10 PM »
News and notes from the texting fingers of Buzz and Jar, the Angels released Albert Pooh-Holes today.  Last year a of 10 year, $253 million contract.  As Jarhead said, it would be nice to see the Cards pick him up and he can go out with Molina and Wainwright. 

Yo Jar, does he go into the HOF as a Cardinal or an Angel?
St Louis Cardinals (11 Years)
Hits: 2073
Doubles: 455
Home Runs: 445
Batting Average: .328

Los Angeles Angels (10 Years)
Hits: 1180
Doubles: 214
Home Runs: 222
Batting Average: .256

I would hope a Cardinal, and I don't know with his DFA what that means to his personal contract with the Angels.

I know it doesn't make any sense for him to come back to St Louis (he's not going to take Goldy's position), and I know he wants to play every day (he apparently wants to get to 700HR - and he won't get that in the NL), but I'd love him to come back.

The last home stand of the season was already going to be big, with Waino and Molina potential last game, but I can't imagine what it would be like if Pujols was back.  It'd be like the running of the gumps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »
St Louis Cardinals (11 Years)
Hits: 2073
Doubles: 455
Home Runs: 445
Batting Average: .328

Los Angeles Angels (10 Years)
Hits: 1180
Doubles: 214
Home Runs: 222
Batting Average: .256

I would hope a Cardinal, and I don't know with his DFA what that means to his personal contract with the Angels.

I know it doesn't make any sense for him to come back to St Louis (he's not going to take Goldy's position), and I know he wants to play every day (he apparently wants to get to 700HR - and he won't get that in the NL), but I'd love him to come back.

The last home stand of the season was already going to be big, with Waino and Molina potential last game, but I can't imagine what it would be like if Pujols was back.  It'd be like the running of the gumps.

No brainer to me. I hardly even think of him with the Angels at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2021, 09:25:49 AM »
I agree with you all.  Angels it is!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2021, 07:47:14 AM »
Greg Allman agrees....he’s no angel. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2021, 02:34:29 PM »
The ATL is 0-4 against the Blue Jays so far.  Sitting at 17-18 and looking anemic so far this season.  But there's some reason for hope.

Ronald Acuna Matada Jr. has been tearing it up and is hitting .311.  Austin Riley is at .288, but that's only because he got on a short hot streak and raised his abysmal average quickly.  Other than that, not one every day player is hitting over .230.  There's no way Freeman, Albies, Ozuna, Swanson etc. will stay in that much of a funk.

Watching last night's game and heard Chip Caray say that just over half of the Braves' runs this year have come by way of home run.  They've scored 160 total runs and have hit 51 HR's.  That definitely speaks to where MLB is these days.  Everyone throws 97 and every batter comes out of their shoes when they swing.  It's no longer base hits and RBI's.  It's launch angles and exit velocities.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2021, 03:20:36 PM »
The ATL is 0-4 against the Blue Jays so far.  Sitting at 17-18 and looking anemic so far this season.  But there's some reason for hope.

Ronald Acuna Matada Jr. has been tearing it up and is hitting .311.  Austin Riley is at .288, but that's only because he got on a short hot streak and raised his abysmal average quickly.  Other than that, not one every day player is hitting over .230.  There's no way Freeman, Albies, Ozuna, Swanson etc. will stay in that much of a funk.

Watching last night's game and heard Chip Caray say that just over half of the Braves' runs this year have come by way of home run.  They've scored 160 total runs and have hit 51 HR's.  That definitely speaks to where MLB is these days.  Everyone throws 97 and every batter comes out of their shoes when they swing.  It's no longer base hits and RBI's.  It's launch angles and exit velocities. 
notice all the elite teams from last year look like dog ass so far? all hovering around .500. Even the store bought dodgers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2021, 03:54:51 PM »
notice all the elite teams from last year look like dog ass so far? all hovering around .500. Even the store bought dodgers.
Troof

The SBD are bumfuzzling.  So much offense and great pitching.  It's all a moot point though.  Jar's Cards are running away in the Central.  Damn, that Yankees/Cardinals World Series match up will be downright sexy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
Troof

The SBD are bumfuzzling.  So much offense and great pitching.  It's all a moot point though.  Jar's Cards are running away in the Central.  Damn, that Yankees/Cardinals World Series match up will be downright sexy.
It's going to be awesome to watch Pujols go out in style with that WS ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »
It's going to be awesome to watch Pujols go out in style with that WS ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
I loathe both of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2021, 03:59:31 PM »
Braves just got swept the fuck out of their own building.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2021, 10:49:56 PM »
20 runs on 20 hits against the lowly Pirates.  But....we’re the lowly Braves since that brings us to a blazing 21-24 record. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
Cubbies holding on 4-3 in the 8th against the Red Birds.  Should be a great series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2021, 09:09:05 AM »
Cubbies holding on 4-3 in the 8th against the Red Birds.  Should be a great series.
No, it pretty much sucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2021, 11:00:01 AM »
No, it pretty much sucked.
Yeah, Saturday did suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2021, 11:00:25 AM »
MLB is dead to me....

<I didn't want to be left out of the conversation>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2021, 11:37:27 AM »
MLB is dead to me....

<I didn't want to be left out of the conversation>
Dead to me as well.  I loved the game.   Absolutely loved it.  

Now? I have no idea about any of it.  I won't go. I won't watch. I won't even follow the box scores.  I don't care. 

I did pick up a little of Auburn's games this year just out of curiosity, but even for that I've lost the passion.  Win? Lose? Get rained out?  Whatever.  I've got other things to do than be concerned with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »
The Braves won 3 in a row.  This means they will get 3 hits combined in the next 4.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions