Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: 2021 Pandemic Version Of Baseball Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
Didn't you hear?  The Mets got Francisco Lindor.  They're scrappy now.

I did hear an interview yesterday on The Dan Patrick Show with 1st Baseman, Pete Alonso.  (Go Gusty Gaytah)  Not that you'd expect him to say anything else, but he sounded genuinely pumped about their season.  I don't see it with that line up, but they should be better.  Patrick asked him who he thought was the best power hitter in NY.  Alonso said he didn't want to come off as cocky but he considers himself the best power hitter in the game.

He is a strapping young lad. 

the Mets and the New York football giants say they winning it all this year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2021, 01:43:57 PM »
the Mets and the New York football giants say they winning it all this year!
How will that be possible when we all know its the Cubs year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2021, 02:04:09 PM »
How will that be possible when we all know its the Cubs year?
To finish 2nd in the Central behind the Redbirds
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »
To finish 2nd in the Central behind the Redbirds

Redbirds look unbeatable this year....so far.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2021, 11:49:24 PM »
Redbirds look unbeatable this year....so far.....
Cards/Yankees.  Another classic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
Cards/Yankees.  Another classic.
They're SOOOOOO good. Probably won't lose a game....wire to wire champions. Why are the other teams even playing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2021, 03:41:48 PM »
Moving the all star game is grade A bullshit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2021, 04:38:48 PM »
Moving the all star game is grade A bullshoot.
Stacey Abrams is always right tho
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »
Whelp, glad that's over.  Now I can start looking forward to next year again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2021, 06:41:03 PM »
Moving the all star game is grade A bullshit.
Yeah I was 8/15ths of the way to adding MLB on Roku. 

Just look at the savings!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2021, 07:04:41 PM »
I am strongly considering going full Kaos on this season after that All Star game bullshit.  Has nothing to do with Atlanta or my Braves.  This woke shit has GOT TO STOP.  MLB caved to those sick bastards.  Just make a damn statement that we’re staying out of politics.  But noooo.  Did anyone read this bill? I did and I don’t live in Jawjah.  The things being said about It are outright lies.  Even that senile old bastard, Joe Biden, thinks the bill is about having minorities pass out in voting lines from dehydration.  Fuuuuuuck MLB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2021, 07:12:04 PM »
I just went to their website and called every number on there.  Of course it goes to voice mail and every mailbox is full.  I’ll find a way to contact those pieces of shit one way or another.  For the time being, those assholes are dead to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
I just went to their website and called every number on there.  Of course it goes to voice mail and every mailbox is full.  I’ll find a way to contact those pieces of shit one way or another.  For the time being, those assholes are dead to me.
The SEC Championship is next!
Not that any of us would be concerned about that...

...well maybe Token.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2021, 08:31:03 PM »
I am strongly considering going full Kaos on this season after that All Star game bullshit.  Has nothing to do with Atlanta or my Braves.  This woke shit has GOT TO STOP.  MLB caved to those sick bastards.  Just make a damn statement that we’re staying out of politics.  But noooo.  Did anyone read this bill? I did and I don’t live in Jawjah.  The things being said about It are outright lies.  Even that senile old bastard, Joe Biden, thinks the bill is about having minorities pass out in voting lines from dehydration.  Fuuuuuuck MLB.

yep. With ya. It’s crossed the line. It’s so far over the line I can’t even see the line anymore. 

Braves disagree with MLB. GOOD. Love my braves. But fuck MLB. I don’t know all the details of the cba but I’ve read mention of some legal action possibly by the braves. All moving the game is gonna do is a hurt a ton of people who had nothing to do with anything. I was actually considering attending it being so close which doesn’t happen very often.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2021, 11:04:32 AM »
Since they won't answer the phone, my email to MLB.

I am writing to voice my extreme displeasure with your decision to move the All-Star game from Atlanta.  You say that the decision was based on the new voting law passed in Georgia; however, it is blatantly obvious that no one in your organization took the time to even read or research it, but rather, based your position on misinformation and outright lies.  Anyone who actually reads it would know that the very notion that the law in any way, shape or form, suppresses or hinders anyone’s ability to vote, borders on the ridiculous.  But, no need to belabor the point, your decision is made.  And so is mine.

Your organization, and all professional sports exist because of one thing, and one thing only….the fans.  Whenever you take positions on political and “social justice” issues, you must realize that you will always alienate a huge percentage of those fans, especially in today’s climate.  Sports are an escape from the every day world.  We are inundated daily with those issues and I would venture a guess that the overwhelming majority of fans don’t want that spilling over into that escape.  We don’t want you, or the NFL, or the NBA force-feeding your political positions down our collective throats.

Your decision to pull the game ironically hurts the very people you claim to support. Either you didn’t think that through, or more likely, you really don’t care.  MLB took a stand, and an embarrassing one at that.  Until that stops, you can count me as another former fan and supporter of your product.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2021, 12:02:17 PM »
The SEC Championship is next!
Not that any of us would be concerned about that...

...well maybe Token.
You know, UAB has a nice new stadium. Might as well move the game there. F Atlanta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2021, 09:05:28 AM »
I am strongly considering going full Kaos on this season after that All Star game bullshit.  Has nothing to do with Atlanta or my Braves.  This woke shit has GOT TO STOP.  MLB caved to those sick bastards.  Just make a damn statement that we’re staying out of politics.  But noooo.  Did anyone read this bill? I did and I don’t live in Jawjah.  The things being said about It are outright lies.  Even that senile old bastard, Joe Biden, thinks the bill is about having minorities pass out in voting lines from dehydration.  Fuuuuuuck MLB.
Why in the fuck anyone would watch ANY professional fag sport is beyond me. Fuck these traitor motherfuckers and they mommas. They need to learn Mandarin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2021, 09:07:12 AM »
Yeah I was 8/15ths of the way to adding MLB on Roku.

Just look at the savings!
Jmar! I will just respond with a kaos comment.

Disappointed.

If u actually were to support these faggots, I mean. I will not spend a nickel, knowingly, in support of their political agendas. Again, Fuck pro sports. And if SEC pulls out, fuck them. It very well may happen. If so, I guess I’ll be whipping kaos’ ass on the golf course.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:11:14 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »
I'm back. I wrote my letter to MLB and I probably caused their ratings to drop at least 60% by not watching at all for about 20 games.  So mission accomplished.  But, I can't quit my Braves.  They railed against the move and I know moving the All Star game was a knee jerk reaction by the numb-nuttz Commissioner, cowering to the woke mob.

I just wanna' watch my sports.

Everyone is right at 30 games in and it's hard to get a feel for what teams are the shizznit.  But the cream always eventually rises to the top in a 162 game season. Bahstahn sits atop the AL East with an 18-13 record.  Yank Me fans were about to run A-A-Ron Boone out on a rail, but they've sort of turned things around and sit right behind the Sox at 16-14.  They've been hosting the cheating Stros and I had to laugh at the chants of "Fuck Altuve". 

Nothing much else happening in the AL other than the A's are off to their annual hot start. They do it every single year, but fade in the end.

In the National League, Jar's Cards have been steady and hold the lead in the Central at 18-13.  Buzz' Baby Bears just took care of those bastage Dodgers again last night to pull within one game of .500 at 15-16.  The Braves have been Jeckyll & Hyde all year.  Lose 3, win 4.  Lose 3, win 2.  They sit at 14-16.  I have to say that I like this pitching staff with the emergence of Ynoa. (I can't pronounce or spell his first name.) And on that Ynoa note...a few notes and tidbits.

Ynoa has hit a home run in each of his last two starts, including a grand salami.  Pretty skippy for a pitcher.

I was never a Bryce Harper fan.  Brash, cocky sumbitch....unless he is on your team.  But, I've come to respect the guy over the last couple of years with some of the things he's said and done.  The other night, he took a 97 m.p.h. heater to the jaw.  It dropped him, but he got right back up.  There was no intent in the pitch because the guy had just come off a lay off and had no control.  He hit the next hitter with the very next pitch.  Harper texted the pitcher afterward to let him know he was okay and there were no problems.  Good move.

Speaking of pitchers, after last night's No-No by the Orioles, there have been 3 no-hitters thrown already this year.  MadBum had a 7 inning no-hitter against the Braves in a double header, but MLB says they don't recognize it since he didn't go 9.  Bull shit.  Give him credit for it.  As for the no-hitter last night by the Orioles', John Means, the only runner to reach base for Seattle came on a strike out that got away from the catcher and allowed the batter to reach first. Otherwise, a perfect game.   

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:17:35 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
If you don’t turn it on, you won’t ever miss it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.