And a Harsin New Year

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: And a Harsin New Year
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2021, 03:03:32 PM »
I don’t like the Bobo hire.
His offense only works with huge OL.
But then again, so did Gus’.
And that’s what friend recruits wise guy. Look up a few things before getting all huffy. And while you’re looking up facts - look at bobos o the last 5 years at ga versus gustard the last 6. Seriously. It may shock you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 03:04:31 PM »
Their names don’t exactly strike fear in the opponents.
Most here don’t gaf and trust harsin with these things more than message board heroes. True story. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »
Most here don’t gaf and trust harsin with these things more than message board heroes. True story.
You're arguing with a child.  He never played football after the 6th grade.  I played all the way into the 10th, which is why I have such an extensive knowledge about the game and its history.  Like did you know that when Walter Payton didn't get to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl for the Browns, that he was actually very upset with the coach, Dipta I think his name was, for taking him out and letting William "The Freezer" Perry score that last TD?  Most people never knew that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2021, 03:40:06 PM »
You're arguing with a child.  He never played football after the 6th grade.  I played all the way into the 10th, which is why I have such an extensive knowledge about the game and its history.  Like did you know that when Walter Payton didn't get to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl for the Browns, that he was actually very upset with the coach, Dipta I think his name was, for taking him out and letting William "The Freezer" Perry score that last TD?  Most people never knew that.
Would be interested in knowing your top three choices for Harsin's offensive coordinator 
along with the others here.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:29 PM »
Some of this is probably true, Sport. But I gaf. And honestly, that matters a whole lot more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2021, 03:52:30 PM »
Would be interested in knowing your top three choices for Harsin's offensive coordinator
along with the others here.
1. Doug Barfield 2. Tommy Bowden 3. Jay Jacobs

no particular order
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »
You're arguing with a child.  He never played football after the 6th grade.  I played all the way into the 10th, which is why I have such an extensive knowledge about the game and its history.  Like did you know that when Walter Payton didn't get to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl for the Browns, that he was actually very upset with the coach, Dipta I think his name was, for taking him out and letting William "The Freezer" Perry score that last TD?  Most people never knew that.
Da Beers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »
Da Beers
Somebody fix the damn like button

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2021, 04:00:40 PM »

no particular order
Nincompoop. Jay Jacobs already served two terms at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:09 PM »

no particular order
We'll never get Barfield.  He's going with Urban Meyer to Jacksonville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »
We'll never get Barfield.  He's going with Urban Meyer to Jacksonville.
Saw where Barfield recently spoke to a group around his home town.
Dude's still kickin'. Early eighties maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »
I would honestly love to see both of them retained.  Linebackers have progressed immensely since T-Will joined the staff and Caddy...well, he's Caddy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2021, 04:25:31 PM »

I just want to see our very best recruits not flip to Bama, Clemson or Georgia in the final week.Three this past season-
two linebackers and a pass rushing end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 02:53:06 PM »
Tracey Rocker added as D-line coach

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/tracy-rocker-auburn-south-carolina-bryan-harsin-shane-beamer-new-defensive-line-coach-159192396/
Don't know him as a stellar recruiter but Rock was here previously when we were desperate for talent up front. Made Fairley into a dreaded nasty beast. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 03:34:54 PM »
Speaking of Rocker, back in 87' and 88', our D-line was easily as good group as has ever played at Auburn, more than likely the best.  With guys like Tracy Rocker, Ron Stallworth (Good career with the Jets), Benji Roland, Aundray Bruce, Pig Goff, Nate Hill, David Rocker etc. they rarely blitzed.  Didn't have to.  Whatever 4 were in there just dominated the line of scrimmage.  Check this out.  I totally understand the game has completely changed, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But...

In 1988, the Auburn D gave up a total of 92 points in 12 games.  That's 7.6 ppg.  They had 4 straight shutouts that year and the two highest point totals given up were 21 to North Carolina in a blowout win, and 13 to high powered FSU in the Sugar Bowl.

To bring back some heart break from 88', that was the year of the "Earthquake Game" in LSU.  The Bengal Tigers had not crossed midfield since the first drive of the game.  We held a 6-0 lead and LSU got the ball back with just time for one last drive.  And despite utter domination by our D, went into a prevent and allowed them to drive right down the field for a 7-6 win.  The thing about that is not just the gut wrenching, unnecessary loss, but without going into the prevent D, we're playing Notre Dame (I believe) for the MNC instead of FSU in the Sugar. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
Speaking of Rocker, back in 87' and 88', our D-line was easily as good group as has ever played at Auburn, more than likely the best.  With guys like Tracy Rocker, Ron Stallworth (Good career with the Jets), Benji Roland, Aundray Bruce, Pig Goff, Nate Hill, David Rocker etc. they rarely blitzed.  Didn't have to.  Whatever 4 were in there just dominated the line of scrimmage.  Check this out.  I totally understand the game has completely changed, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But...

In 1988, the Auburn D gave up a total of 92 points in 12 games.  That's 7.6 ppg.  They had 4 straight shutouts that year and the two highest point totals given up were 21 to North Carolina in a blowout win, and 13 to high powered FSU in the Sugar Bowl.

To bring back some heart break from 88', that was the year of the "Earthquake Game" in LSU.  The Bengal Tigers had not crossed midfield since the first drive of the game.  We held a 6-0 lead and LSU got the ball back with just time for one last drive.  And despite utter domination by our D, went into a prevent and allowed them to drive right down the field for a 7-6 win.  The thing about that is not just the gut wrenching, unnecessary loss, but without going into the prevent D, we're playing Notre Dame (I believe) for the MNC instead of FSU in the Sugar.
Thanks for that little stroll down memory lane. 
I'm feeling better now. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2021, 03:47:54 PM »
Speaking of Rocker, back in 87' and 88', our D-line was easily as good group as has ever played at Auburn, more than likely the best.  With guys like Tracy Rocker, Ron Stallworth (Good career with the Jets), Benji Roland, Aundray Bruce, Pig Goff, Nate Hill, David Rocker etc. they rarely blitzed.  Didn't have to.  Whatever 4 were in there just dominated the line of scrimmage.  Check this out.  I totally understand the game has completely changed, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But...

To bring back some heart break from 88', that was the year of the "Earthquake Game" in LSU.  The Bengal Tigers had not crossed midfield since the first drive of the game.  We held a 6-0 lead and LSU got the ball back with just time for one last drive.  And despite utter domination by our D, went into a prevent and allowed them to drive right down the field for a 7-6 win.  The thing about that is not just the gut wrenching, unnecessary loss, but without going into the prevent D, we're playing Notre Dame (I believe) for the MNC instead of FSU in the Sugar.
Damn...why you gotta open those wounds again, man?  I was there on row 2 at the earthquake game.  Worst feeling I had as a teenager, and that includes being dumped by the head cheerleader in HS.

And yes, that was the single loudest cheer I had heard in person.  Until the 2013 FUGA game, that is....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2021, 03:49:08 PM »
I’m still not on the Bobo bus.  Too many Gamecocks outright celebrating his departure.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2021, 03:56:17 PM »
Damn...why you gotta open those wounds again, man?  I was there on row 2 at the earthquake game.  Worst feeling I had as a teenager, and that includes being dumped by the head cheerleader in HS.

And yes, that was the single loudest cheer I had heard in person.  Until the 2013 FUGA game, that is....
The two loudest cheer plays for me were obviously the FUGA game and Kick 6.  The loudest game overall by far was 1989 first time evah in JHS.  

Speaking of, LSU just happened to have a seismograph laying around by the stadium that night.  Joe Frazier said he felt the earth shake all the way out where he was on one of those plays.  Can't remember if he said Prayer at the Hare or Kick 6.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions