Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The reality of social media censorship

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The reality of social media censorship
« on: December 10, 2020, 12:25:17 PM »
Fuck Facebook.  Seriously. 

Our neighborhood HOA had its annual meeting this week.  The lady that runs it put a notice on FB listing the time and place of the meeting and asking those who could not attend to contact her and provide a proxy vote so we could select board members for 2021. 

That notification, inside the private page accessible only to approved members of our neighborhood, was then slathered with: 

"For actual election results and other information about the 2020 US Elections see Facebook Election Results" banners. 

Fuck You Facebook. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: The reality of social media censorship
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »
Actually, I think that's pretty cool that they will be tracking the HOA elections for you like that.

Just watch out for those 3:30 am ballots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
Fuck Facebook.  Seriously. 

Our neighborhood HOA had its annual meeting this week.  The lady that runs it put a notice on FB listing the time and place of the meeting and asking those who could not attend to contact her and provide a proxy vote so we could select board members for 2021. 

That notification, inside the private page accessible only to approved members of our neighborhood, was then slathered with: 

"For actual election results and other information about the 2020 US Elections see Facebook Election Results" banners. 

Fuck You Facebook.
The AP called the election for Biden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
buddy of mine tested it out yesterday by putting 3 random FB posts out there to see....

1. I love bacon and eggs

2. The sky is real blue at noon

3. Cars go really fast sometimes

Every damn one of them had the message K posted above. WHY? I seriously would like to hear the other side's viewpoint as to how this is justified or how there isn't some sort of censorship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
buddy of mine tested it out yesterday by putting 3 random FB posts out there to see....

1. I love bacon and eggs

2. The sky is real blue at noon

3. Cars go really fast sometimes

Every damn one of them had the message K posted above. WHY? I seriously would like to hear the other side's viewpoint as to how this is justified or how there isn't some sort of censorship.
Censorship really isn't the right word.   Although most of my friends who post things related to the election that don't directly back the fraud have been suspended or banned.  That part is censorship.  

Buzz is right, though.  At 3:10 AM we stopped counting the ballots.  At the time George Phillips had 70% of the neighborhood's 74 total votes for president of the HOA.   There's a grainy Ring video recording of a figure in a hoodie dragging a suitcase over to the clubhouse where the votes were counted at about 3:40 AM.  At 4:10, Fox News called the election for Kaos with a total of 341,000 votes to 36 for Phillips.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »
I've pointed that out on the bookfaces numerous times.  Every single pro-Trump post, or anything questioning the election is immediately tagged with that shit.  You're right, it's not actually censorship.  But it is blatant bias and goes further to prove the influence these social media giants try to assert over people.  Can you imagine how many millions of times bookface has tagged people's posts since the election? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
Censorship really isn't the right word.  Although most of my friends who post things related to the election that don't directly back the fraud have been suspended or banned.  That part is censorship. 

Buzz is right, though.  At 3:10 AM we stopped counting the ballots.  At the time George Phillips had 70% of the neighborhood's 74 total votes for president of the HOA.  There's a grainy Ring video recording of a figure in a hoodie dragging a suitcase over to the clubhouse where the votes were counted at about 3:40 AM.  At 4:10, Fox News called the election for Kaos with a total of 341,000 votes to 36 for Phillips. 
See, that's just normal election activity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.